Hear this now: this war WILL NOT be canceled. If it looks like just me showing up I will be there by my own sweet self. THIS is my commitment to you.
WHEN: Sat March 24th, 9:00 AM till 4:00PM
WHERE: Newell Park, St. Paul
Game schedule -
-Grinding of the Meat!
-360 DTC/Defend the Tower
-Recue the Princess/CTF
What to bring
-Water, and high protein/carb snacks for quick energy
-At least two blasters you consider “primary” because one will break, the other will fail, and I only have so many loners.
-Bring a pistol: one of the Territories rounds will be very close-quarters. BTW a 'pistol' does not have an Ace #49 in it.
-Eye protection: no exceptions. None, not one, not for anyone.
-Slug or stock ammo
What NOT to bring
-ANY air gun more powerful than a UMB (and those better have the stock oprv) that shoots one round at a time EVEN if they have hoppers or RSCB’s. Unless you have crazy shotgunning attachments a la VelveetaAvenger I don’t want to see 4B's, Titans, or anything else like it.
-Totes and toes of crap: What you NEED and what you PLAN TO TRADE. There will be no surprises to what games we play so plan accordingly.
-Glue dome ammo.
-You all know what else does not fly, PM me with questions and I will answer honestly and fairly all inquiries.
There are two and ONLY TWO forms of melee allowed:
1) Un-modified bone-stock pool noodle with a max length of 2’.
2) Target dollar spot melee. THIS stuff.
Yeah, Ima go ahead and open this fat greasy can of worms and allow shields. As with melee there are some VERY specific rules that are to be observed:
1) Shields MUST be affixed, actually stuck on, to the TOP of your blaster like a Manta.
2) Shield constriction material is LIMITED TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
A. Toy or costume shield props (Stonewall shield, Captain America licensed merchandise, ect)
B. Toy blaster shells of any make or model (Nerf, Buzz Bee, Super Soaker, ect) positioned as a Manta would be ie split in half and side by side.
C. Mantas and Manta imitations like Venom's awesome build in the homeade thread.
3) Shield size is limited to ABOUT THAT that of a Manta: there is some give and take here, but I don't see this being an issue if the previous rules are met. Otherwise I will make a judgment call and modify the rules for next time.
Here is a quick visual guide:
This post has been edited by SonReeceSonJensen: 25 March 2012 - 07:57 PM