For Reference!

41 replies to this topic

#26 Jim701

Jim701

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:56 PM

[quote name='Broderick' post='264252' date='Feb 3 2010, 04:45 PM']
Oh, I made myself sad a little bit. At first I looked at it and the spring in the stock at first glance looked like a big ass spring for added power. :D Oh well, we all knew it would be a recon, so I don't see why we're complaining; Personally I'm not irritated at all, I found the Longshot setup to be tedious with the backplate on the plunger tube, especially with a BBB spring or something with similar stregnth added, due to the stress on the screw ports. I like the extra space in the stock, it will be very easy to put a powerstock in there, and it just looks absolutely badass in my opinion (Although I'm sure everyone else here thinks that as well).
I play indoors mostly as well, so I think this should work out great, and for outdoors anybody can build an RSCB Big Blast in an hour or two.
One question that's on my mind though, do you know if it can accept raider drums? (There shouldn't really be any reason why it wouldn't, but I'm just curious bcos ammo whore)
[/quote]
[quote]
Yes, my friend, it can. As Nerf has so often advertised, any blaster that utilizes the clip system can also use the drum mag from the Raider...for those of you out there wondering, that includes the new Longstrike as well.

#27 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:44 AM

They play at night in MN (sadly I went to school before being able to experience it), and at the Battery Kinzie wars here in WA we need flashlights for the pitch black secret passageways.

Anyways, there's no way the stock light can be decent, so I'll be gutting that part and making a mount for one of my flashlights.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#28 bourbon

bourbon

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 02:31 AM

I think the "flashlight" is actually the "red dot" pointer, the same that comes with the Recon and is built into the Nitefinder, based on the box art.

Initially I deemed this gun just as useless as the Longstrike, but there is an aspect of the gun I had forgotten. By the looks of things, it includes a carrying strap. Coupled with it's ability to fold into a smaller size, the Deploy could be used as a large sidearm. Unlike a Recon in pistol configuration, the Deploy has room for a power stock, sports a shotgun foregrip for rapid firing, and has the clip mounted horizontally, leading to fewer jams. Since most of the gun is hollow, it is definitely light enough to strap to one's back.

If you have a high power, low ROF primary, like a BBBB, having a rapid-fire side-arm like the Deploy would be incredibly useful. When everyone else is using Nitefinders or LnLs, the Deploy gets similar range, and when it comes to ROF, they're not even in the same league. If someone tries to rush you, instead of depending on another single shot weapon, you can spam darts worry free with the Deploy.

Edited by bourbon, 05 February 2010 - 02:32 AM.

#29 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 08:47 AM

If you have a high power, low ROF primary, like a BBBB, having a rapid-fire side-arm like the Deploy would be incredibly useful. When everyone else is using Nitefinders or LnLs, the Deploy gets similar range, and when it comes to ROF, they're not even in the same league. If someone tries to rush you, instead of depending on another single shot weapon, you can spam darts worry free with the Deploy.

I would agree with this, but thats what my LS carbine is for. :D

(on a followup note to my first post. the internals still make me want to vomit)

Edited by guardian21, 06 February 2010 - 10:51 PM.

DATA!

#30 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:15 PM

I see the Deploy being used in Assassinations. You walk up to the guy wearing a coat but apparently unarmed. Then, when you get close to him at a good spot, you take this sucker out of your coat, deploy it, fire six random shots hoping one will hit, then run away. I can also see it being used as a form of protection against assassinations. Heck, if you're feeling dirty enough, you can use to look like a bystander in a nerf war when you're actually a raider.
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#31 guardian21

guardian21

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

I see the Deploy being used in Assassinations. You walk up to the guy wearing a coat but apparently unarmed. Then, when you get close to him at a good spot, you take this sucker out of your coat, deploy it, fire six random shots hoping one will hit, then run away. I can also see it being used as a form of protection against assassinations. Heck, if you're feeling dirty enough, you can use to look like a bystander in a nerf war when you're actually a raider.

thats a nice theory but im pretty sure that it isn't going to close up that small. even in its smaller form it looks to be atleast as big as a carbined longshot.
DATA!

#32 humfree

humfree

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 12:39 AM

I was really sad to see recon internals in the longstrike and deploy, but if one were to overhaul it it might just kick a**. Just wondering what you could do with the stock, all the extra space looks useful for some useless mod. :D
When your primary doesnt work, try your secondary
When your secondary doesnt work, hit someone with it and check their primary
If their primary doesnt work, go on hiting poeple until you find a gun that works
If no one is left concious when you find a gun that works, leave without warning.

#33 joeydomina

joeydomina

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hey SG. I was just wondering how you were able to get to the screws underneath the expanding stock. I can't seem to get to them and have tried everything I can think of at the moment.

#34 NerfRogue83

NerfRogue83

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hey SG. I was just wondering how you were able to get to the screws underneath the expanding stock. I can't seem to get to them and have tried everything I can think of at the moment.

Here... http://nerfhaven.com...opic=18909&st=0
IRC chat: louiec3-- he offered $500 for someone to build a bomb he could send to his ex wife
Rknight-- wow......N9---your dad is in trouble now!

#35 joeydomina

joeydomina

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 11:54 PM

Here... http://nerfhaven.com...opic=18909&st=0

thanks for the help. i never even saw those two hidden screw places lol.
*They're coming to take me away haha, hehe, hoho. To the funny farm.*

#36 Nerferguy

Nerferguy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:04 PM

well...i couldnt have guessed(sarcasm) another Reshelled Recon...joy(heavy sarcasm) does look sort of like a raider with the priming bar and the side loading. i can see myself making a RFG Marauder Shotgun.
....anyone up for a Nerf Stock Underbarrell GL?

#37 HomeDepotFBRSucks

HomeDepotFBRSucks

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 11:44 AM

That Room in the stock of the deploy looks nice.
Now to get me a Spare AT2K..... :)

Edited by HomeDepotFBRSucks, 25 February 2010 - 11:45 AM.

#38 NerfArmory

NerfArmory

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:54 PM

For some reason. The raider, of course the recon and the deploy are all just copies of recons internals! Its annoying!
To Nerf, Or not to Nerf? That is the question.

#39 reko0418

reko0418

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 08:55 AM

clip system guns are going to have recon internals for a long time guys, get over it. they are easy to manufacture and are reasonably reliable, my only real complaint is that hasbro doesn't give them better springs in them.

my take on the deploy is that it is a slightly better version of the raider.
it is better looking and has that nifty steath mode which makes it great for stashing in back packs.

also even in deployed mode since you can mod them so that the clip stays upright you can just sling one around your back, which is ackward to do with raiders and kinda funky to do with recons,

personally i'm not going to get one because i am happy with my current set up

Primary
longshot without AR or locks. (no extended barrel obviously as well)
Secondary
Maverick without AR, with added spring and shaved turret so it pops out further.
Lasr resort
Nitefinder without AR and with my longshots frontgun spring in it as well

i also keep a raider drum, spair maverick, spair and a bunch of ammo in my back pack, i also have socks all around my person stashed in pockets.

#40 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 01:37 PM

I'm not sure why we're getting your nerf life story in this thread, but I'm too tired to make my usual snarky comments. Instead I'm just gonna tell you, and everyone in this thread to capitalize the first letter of each sentance. It makes it easier to read your nerf diary entries, and it's mandatory.

Eventually I'm gonna get tired of reminding people and start handing out suspensions.

#41 Ovion

Ovion

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:08 PM

I drop off the grid for a few months and suddenly - new guns everywhere.

On a side note, is it just me or does this remind anyone else of the Mass Effect weapons?

"Denny Crane" - Denny Crane.

Isis Weapon Systems
Innovation, Creation, Design.

#42 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

You mean the ban cannon? Damn right! That's a great gun. Here...let me fire it off.

Ovion,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Pretty cool, huh?

On a side note I got the clear one from Nerf a couple of weeks ago. This gun is the most pathetic piece of shit I've ever seen. The stock is too short, folding it up is finiky and the handle is wobbly as hell. I don't recommend it even if you're just playing in your back yard with the neighbors.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users