Photo

Any advice on modding the Impact X?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Keska

Keska

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

I posted the internals over in the official internals thread, but I'll copy the most relevant ones here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am horribly disappointed that standard Nerf darts won't fit in the clip. I looked up all the other bolt-action blasters I could find, but none of them seem to have similar internals.

Honestly I'd be happy to ditch the clip, the shells, and the very silly shell-ejection system entirely. Loading one dart at a time in the breech is fast enough for me. Any suggestions, even if it's just links to threads that have relevant mods?

#2 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

I was mistaken. Sorry, disregard please.

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 24 February 2015 - 11:56 PM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:11 PM

Can you please post some more photos of the breeching system? If I can see it better than I can tell you how to do an effective breech.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Keska

Keska

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

Image flood incoming!

The shells are held in the clip with the ridges:
Posted Image

Pressing on these levers on the side of the clip ejects the shells upward:
Posted Image

Breech at rest:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Breech with the bolt fully retracted:
Posted Image

This is the point where the lever attached to the top rail ejects the empty shells.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Loaded with a shell/dart:
Posted Image

Bolt forward, now fully primed:
Posted Image

Clip and Internals:
Posted Image

These raised tabs on the shell push the levers on the clip when you insert it to allow the shell upward:
Posted Image

The lever on the rail that ejects the shell:
Posted Image

The button for ejecting the clip:
Posted Image

Breech Internals:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Front half of the gun - the lever bit that is hanging down has free movement, no spring there:
Posted Image

Part of the trigger lock:
Posted Image

Trigger mechanism:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Keska, 01 March 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#5 Keska

Keska

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 11:16 PM

Well, while nobody has been able to give me any advice on modding this to make it shoot stock elite darts, I got in my order of USC darts (that's what was decided on, right? The Chinese sucker darts). They are a tiny bit shorter than the standard nerf darts, but still too long… until I snipped off the suction cup. Then they fit perfectly and shoot nice and straight.

#6 ravetrooper

ravetrooper

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

Well, while nobody has been able to give me any advice on modding this to make it shoot stock elite darts, I got in my order of USC darts (that's what was decided on, right? The Chinese sucker darts). They are a tiny bit shorter than the standard nerf darts, but still too long… until I snipped off the suction cup. Then they fit perfectly and shoot nice and straight.

Interesting. My order had longer-than-elite darts. What seller did you buy from? (Sorry I know, kind of off topic. We should continue this in my review thread: http://nerfhaven.com...opic=25828&st=0)

Sorry nobody's been able to give you advice. I've never even heard of this blaster until now and maybe no one else has either? I'm glad you were able to get it to work though! Now the next person who wants to mod an Impact X will come to you and you'll be able to point them in the right direction :)

Gut the electronics, drill a hole in the shell, and attach a crank to the gear. Bam, crank-action stampede that doesn't require batteries, or even a trigger.

...(also judging by your past posts, I would consider you pretty dang wise elder like in the modding community :lol: )

#7 Keska

Keska

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

Interesting. My order had longer-than-elite darts. What seller did you buy from? (Sorry I know, kind of off topic. We should continue this in my review thread: http://nerfhaven.com...opic=25828&st=0)

Sorry nobody's been able to give you advice. I've never even heard of this blaster until now and maybe no one else has either? I'm glad you were able to get it to work though! Now the next person who wants to mod an Impact X will come to you and you'll be able to point them in the right direction :)

It just seems like there is literally no other blaster put together quite like this one. I't a pity, too, because I actually like the way it looks, and it gets decent range for such a tiny plunger tank. Unfortunately the 4-shot limit and need to scramble after the shells makes it pretty useless to me. I may have to just find a small child to give it to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users