Photo

Recon Pump Shotgun mod

13 replies to this topic

#1 Leon Porter

Leon Porter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

I've been working on a pump shotgun mod, I've got the pump, and all that.
But what attaches the pump to the slide is what stumps me, I have no clue what to attach to the slide and pump, to make the gun a pump action, any ideas?

Here is a picture of what I'm working with

Posted Image

I have a PVC pipe attached to the gun (as shown in the picture).
And another which is not yet attached, which goes below the barrel of the gun.
And then we have that silver thing, that's two pieces of a vacuum tube epoxied together, it's the pump.

Hopefully this will help you get an idea of what I'm trying to do.

Edited by Leon Porter, 21 November 2012 - 02:09 PM.

#2 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

Check the Mod Directory, they got plenty of Recon help. Or check a few topics down for the Retaliator pump action. Its the same thing.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#3 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Agreed ^, do check the directory. But really you can use anything. Like polycarb, metal bars, dowel rods, etc. Anything that is somewhat flat and will support the spring load is usable.
I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#4 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

I did a spring replacement on my retaliator, and used plexiglass, that works extremely well, doesn't bend at all.
Probably lurking somewhere...

#5 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

The OP (original poster) question or statement resmains unclear to me.
Is he saying, I have a pump and want to convert my Recon into an air powered blaster.
Or is he saying, I want to add a pump-action assembly to my recon.

For the later there are many references in the mods directory.
For the former, maybe I should post my conversion of recon into air-powered blaster when I return home in 2 weeks time, but it is nothing really special and has been done before.

#6 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I understand that people like to use plexy glass. In my recent pump action recon mod, I actually used 3/8 inch square pvc rod, attached to the pump handle by screws on both sides. Of course, any type of pvc around that weight could be used. Good luck.

#7 Leon Porter

Leon Porter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

I understand that people like to use plexy glass. In my recent pump action recon mod, I actually used 3/8 inch square pvc rod, attached to the pump handle by screws on both sides. Of course, any type of pvc around that weight could be used. Good luck.

Got any pics I could see?

I've got a picture now.

#8 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Do a search of this forum for pump action recon, you'll find threads on using rulers, plexiglass, coat hangers, and much more.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#9 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Are you going to be shooting darts out of that? From what I can tell you have something like 18+ inches of pipe attached to the front of a very low powered blaster that shoots already wildly inaccurate streamlines... If you manage to hold the blaster completely still while shooting you still have a good chance of the dart just tumbling out. I think your best bet would be to reconfigure your design to minimize that barrel length; like others have said, check the directory for various mods that accomplish pump action. Also, just as a general tip, be sure to check mods to blasters that are even remotely similar to what you are modding because quite often mods are not at all blaster specific and have a wide variety of applications.

#10 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM

Do you have an air-tank inside your recon?
Are the internals a brass breech. Maybe you should explain more.

For my air-powered recon, the air-tank is located where the plunger was. The Top Peak bicycle pump where the clip goes And I use a wye hopper.

#11 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Got any pics I could see?

I've got a picture now.

Posted Image

#12 Leon Porter

Leon Porter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

Are you going to be shooting darts out of that? From what I can tell you have something like 18+ inches of pipe attached to the front of a very low powered blaster that shoots already wildly inaccurate streamlines... If you manage to hold the blaster completely still while shooting you still have a good chance of the dart just tumbling out. I think your best bet would be to reconfigure your design to minimize that barrel length; like others have said, check the directory for various mods that accomplish pump action. Also, just as a general tip, be sure to check mods to blasters that are even remotely similar to what you are modding because quite often mods are not at all blaster specific and have a wide variety of applications.

I've shot it, and it's just as accurate as it was when it didn't have the barrel on there.
As for he length, it's 20 inches, and feels quite comfortable when I hold it.

Posted Image

Looks pretty sweet, good job.

How do you all think flattened PVC pipe would work?
I've heard Rulers work fine, and I'm pretty sure that flattened PVC would be significantly stronger.

Edited by Leon Porter, 22 November 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#13 pSyk

pSyk

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

Posted Image
This was from like, Jan 2011.

Anyways, to show you how it works (yes, shocking hair.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQLZMM9chY
Damn you, Screw!

#14 Leon Porter

Leon Porter

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image
This was from like, Jan 2011.

Anyways, to show you how it works (yes, shocking hair.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AQLZMM9chY

That's cool, looks kinda like a stronger version of plumbers strap or something, either way, it's cool, I believe I figured out what I'm gonna do anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users