Photos of Homemade Nerf Guns

1306 replies to this topic

#851 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Call Kenny Loggins... 'cuz you're in the Danger Zone.

I built a SuperPAC the night before Cataclysm. Full unibody, seven inches of draw, bow arms mounted all the way forward for maximum mechanical advantage. Shoots laser beams - supa range, supa accuracy, supa rate of fire, supa unfair. Pictured below is our resident fashionista IceNine demolishing fools. I left this behind with Kane and Ryan, since I don't think the TSA would appreciate it.

Posted Image

If you hate this gun, you hate America.
You pinko commie fuck.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 27 May 2015 - 09:20 PM.

#852 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

I present to you the first known TornadoBow with a Rainbow Catch:
Posted Image

Proudly owned by Funky Mutha Facko
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#853 Bchamp22795

Bchamp22795

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

RainbowPump for a guy in Singapore. Features Rev. 2 Priming, an omnidirectional catch, 3/8" Polycarbonate, 7" of draw, 11" of a K45 spring, Vertical Pump Grip, a super seal, and dry-fire-able via 4 rubber grommets to absorb maximum impact.,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry for the bad photos, lighting wasn't ideal.
Also, don't use wooden handles, or triggers in the rain...the wetness softens the wood and makes it easy to break. This is my third set because I was attempting to range test outside.

#854 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#855 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

I just finished a fresh homemade Manta Ray shell (I'm calling it the Manta+ for the time being) for Zinv. It's in three sections for efficient shipping/storage. I adjusted the design slightly for this second one and majorly streamlined the construction process. Also pictured is a healthy assortment of hardware for Zinv to use when he mounts it on whatever blaster(s) he chooses.

If you want one as well, I've tentatively set the price at $50 shipped (to USA buyers, additional shipping charges will be added for international buyers) for a Manta+ shield, some nuts and bolts, and plenty of spare zip ties. More or less what is pictured below, with a few adjustments. Send me an email at venomm213@gmail.com if you're interested.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Artsy.

Posted Image

Super zip ties. If I recall correctly, I got this whole tube for about $10 at Menards.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 03 June 2012 - 04:50 PM.

#856 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I managed to finish a fixer-uper I've had for a few months (Thanks Lt.Dan). I bought this Pumpbow for the sake of time, and because it had an aluminum priming bridge I wanted for my own pumpbow. It was honestly in a terrible condition. I replaced the front most side plates, catch, handle, back stock plate, plunger rod, and plunger tube. Now it's a +bow. The side plates have been painted with a couple of coats of silver so that they still have a slight transparency and plastidipped the handle.
Posted Image

The integrated titan was made pretty much specifically for the Draconis missiles, though I may need to redo the templates and lower it some depending on their size. Still needs a trigger and new PJ.
Posted Image

Edited by andtheherois, 04 June 2012 - 08:16 AM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#857 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Here's some more pictures of the SuperPAC (a bunch of people had questions about it). I'm not going to post a writeup - just take a look at Carbon's SNAP 7.5 if you need guidance.

Posted Image

The bow arms and hopper are offset by 45 degrees, in order to give line-of-sight clearance, and also to give the string more clearance from your left hand
Posted Image

A slot is cut out of the PVC for the hopper, and I used packing tape and goop to seal the coupler. No pretty craftsmanship here.
Posted Image

The front T was a donor from one of Kane's AAbows. The tip of the barrel is flush with the hole.
Posted Image

Ghetto plunger rod. Nylon, skirt seal, and a epoxy ramp with washer catch. I planned to make a rainbow catch for this blaster, but we didn't have parts for it in the shop the night before, so I switched it to a SNAP style catch.
Posted Image

Nothing special here. Cheerios had to fix the trigger - it was originally a nylon l bracket, but it snapped off during the war.
Posted Image

Super special stock. This hooks under your armpit, providing much needed leverage. The gun is basically unusable without this.
Posted Image

#858 Pointman9

Pointman9

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Bolt action SNAP. Only shoots 90-115 cause I screwed up the front bushing seal.
Posted Image

Showing the fully compressed [k26] at the end of the priming stroke.
Posted Image
There is no such thing as overkill. There is only cost efficiency.

#859 jiauniverse96

jiauniverse96

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

First homemade. Deemed "Swiss Cheese" due to the drastic number of drill errors.
First Test
Posted Image

Final (Full Breakdown)
Posted Image
Final (Assembled)
Posted Image

Edited by jiauniverse96, 03 June 2012 - 11:04 PM.

#860 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:47 PM

Mechanically fastened everything, for you, Diamondback. Or for making sure the trigger doesn't fall in the Texas heat. This is the original shortened pumpSNAP, updated to fix some breaking issues it had.

The catch is screwed on.
Posted Image

The handle is attached with the use of a really dremeled 1 1/4" to 3/4" reducing tee. The trigger is guided by a nylon spacer running through the tee as well.
Posted Image

Using this tee necessitated making the priming shroud out of 2" pvc so it could fit over. There are spacers on the front and back of the 2" pvc to guide it.
Posted Image

And an overall shot.
Posted Image

There's also a check valve in the plunger head now, but I forgot to take a picture of that while I had it open.

Edited by snakerbot, 06 June 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#861 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:35 PM

Rainfire for shoopy
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#862 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

My take on Beaver's latest, finished it a few days ago. Go big or go home, right? 9" draw because I fucking can, and the whole thing is 4' 7" long, 5' wide. Average 10 year old boy height.

Posted Image

Oh yeah, it's a rainbow. Used a new style of plunger rod that uses less than a foot of nylon. I'll take pics at request.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Size comparisons. That's a full-sized 8" draw AAbow. I used to think it was big.

Posted Image

So how unwieldy is it? The center of mass is right at the front of the priming grip at rest. I need to work out more to be able to use this more than half a round at SPANO.

All it needs is some pink zebra-striped duct tape.

#863 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 08 June 2012 - 12:47 AM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#864 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

RBPistol Contract #3 Complete.

Sporting a 6 inch 17/32nds brass breech. Shoots 80' or a tad more.

Posted Image
20:45 Talio I'll have the talk with you
20:45 Talio penis in vagina
20:45 Talio fin

#865 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I call it the +Five (Bullpup Buzz Be Big Blast). It made it's debut today at NJW7 and passed the field test with flying colors. I'm putting this here because other than the tank and pump, it's homemade, and could probably be made using a PVAT with some adjustments to the templates. I'll be making a write up sometime soon. Numa-T is going to be making official templates, as the ones I made used graph paper, a ruler, and a approximated pencil markings.

The Idea was Taerkitty's, I just made it a little prettier, so huge thanks to him for the original design.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by andtheherois, 09 June 2012 - 05:59 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

#866 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Wait........THERE ARE MORE OF THEM?!?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Recent batch of RBPistols number 3-7. :3

Might make another batch soon, lemme know if you are interested.

#867 Funky Mutha Facko

Funky Mutha Facko

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

The Painter's bow

Posted Image

4ft 3/4in cpvc arms into a 1/2in to 3/4in pvc tee that has bored out 3/4in pvc in the outputs. 9in of draw, 12in barrel, 7 dart hopper, adjustable ranges from poop to over 100ft.

Posted Image
Pictured with 3in pvc arms tied up to 3ft of rubber tubing. Much more compact, much tougher draw, much more scary. I definitely recommend trying out rubber tubing if you haven't yet.
HARDCORE NERF!

#868 Nerfomania

Nerfomania

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

Finished up my personal +bow today.....

Posted Image

Alternate view of the stock that has been stained and sealed with a glossy clear.

Posted Image

#869 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 08:09 PM

"Bullpac" is taken, so I call this the Bowpup. Basically a SanchoPanza powered by rear-mounted bow arms. It amuses me.
It is extremely powerful - I clocked it at 250fps on my chrono with a foot-long hopper.

FIRING VIDEO

Posted Image

Has 6" of draw, 20" bow arms, and is 23" long.

Posted Image

The bow arms are off-set, so they don't smack you in the face. This doesn't have a proper stock right now, but for the next one I'm going to use a PVC cross instead of a tee, and attach a standard PVC stock.

Posted Image

#870 koree

koree

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:21 AM

Prototype of an updated DCIT. (Link to the original in my sig.)

Posted Image

#871 Nate45

Nate45

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Made a SnapBow. I stained the stock and handle with Minwax wood finish.

Posted Image

#872 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Nerf like it's forever ago!

Posted Image

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#873 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

I really like side plates. Sure tubes are just as efficient but I think side plates look a lot cooler.

Posted Image
The YooToobz
Photobucket

#874 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

I made a Rainbow with a really nice thumb hole and stock butt. Orange PJ that fades into the color of the wood. Two catch notches: one at 3/4 compression and the other at full. It's pretty basic but nice. I finished it up two days ago but I'm just now getting it on the fourms. I kinda don't mind pull back over pump-action now. :P

Posted Image

Backwards $ shot (to switch it up a little).
Posted Image
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#875 BOSS9

BOSS9

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:50 AM

SwagMaster Revision One

(SupaPAC)

Posted Image

It grew to 5' long. Shoots too far.

Most importantly, pink zebra-stripes.

Edited by BOSS9, 15 June 2012 - 02:58 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)