You do it

354 replies to this topic

#351 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

You can improvise with the plunger tube, I've seen lots of different stuff used. If the plunger tube you use ends up being too "fat" (OD too large), you can just add some washers in between pieces to act as spacers. You can also build a plunger head using rubber washers, similar to how SNAPs are build. But try to track down that nylon plunger rod - that's a fairly critical piece.

#352 louiec3

louiec3

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=9&t=4351

A Jolt integration for the +bow using the integration holes.

Posted Image

#353 jon evans

jon evans

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 11:58 PM

I am currently almost done with my +bow, and have been using a combination of Amazon and McMaster for parts. For anyone interested, you can get the clear 1" x 1/2" bushing on Amazon for $10 if your really intense. hope to get a picture up in the next few days.

#354 Cambo11235

Cambo11235

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I'm looking into redoing my side panels of my +bow, I want to machine solid piece panels, vs the standard 2 pieces, as well as making the bottom a bit longer to more comfortably add a plate for attachments.

My 1/8th inch polycarb side plates have held up wonderfully, but I am trying to avoid the expense and wait of shipping new material in. My Lowes carries polycarbonate sheets to use to replace windows that comes in .093 inch thickness. Will this material take the stress as well as the 1/8th inch (.125) standard polycarb?

Also, can sheet 1/4 inch PVC sheet be used for side plates? I remember reading on a different home made thread someone had used 1/4 inch pvc sheet, but I haven't been able to find the thread.

Thank you.
Ninja Squad
Assault Crew
Minion

Light Green

#355 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm looking into redoing my side panels of my +bow, I want to machine solid piece panels, vs the standard 2 pieces, as well as making the bottom a bit longer to more comfortably add a plate for attachments.

My 1/8th inch polycarb side plates have held up wonderfully, but I am trying to avoid the expense and wait of shipping new material in. My Lowes carries polycarbonate sheets to use to replace windows that comes in .093 inch thickness. Will this material take the stress as well as the 1/8th inch (.125) standard polycarb?

It will be far more likely to crack than the already susceptible 1/8".

Also, can sheet 1/4 inch PVC sheet be used for side plates? I remember reading on a different home made thread someone had used 1/4 inch pvc sheet, but I haven't been able to find the thread.

Sure, go ahead. You'll be much better off in the long run, though it will weigh a bit more. Not a ton, though.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users