Photo

Vinyl Tubing Bonding

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

Ok so my 2k check valve got fucked, I realized though that a magstrike pump fits almost perfectly over top of a 2k pump, so i cut the check valve end off of my extra magstrike pump and jammed it over the end, however I need to connect the ends of the tubing (magstrike pump to 2k goo gauge tubing) So what would be the best way to do this? I've been thinking of using those barbed tubing connectors however I cant find any in near me, if you know where let me know.
Thanks.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:59 PM

Barbed couplers are instant tube fittings are the best way to go. If you can't find either of those at your local hardware store and you don't want to order them from online, you can do what I have done occasionally. Get a CPVC plug and an end cap. Drill a 1/4"-5/16" hole in the center of each. Stuff one end of tubing into the hole in the plug and the other tubing into the end cap. Connect the plug and the end cap and seal it with PVC cement. It further helps to seal around the tubing joint with plumber's goop.

Again, this isn't ideal, but it will get the job done. You really do want a barbed coupler or instant tube fitting.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:10 PM

Instant tube fittings don't work too well with soft tubing (tubing has to be durometer 60A or higher). Barbed fittings are the way to go.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 14 January 2009 - 08:12 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:14 PM

When using barbed fittings do you add an adhesive or just shove it in(oh god, dont sig that)?

trans as shit because fuck you

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:17 PM

When using barbed fittings do you add an adhesive or just shove it in(oh god, dont sig that)?

If you are using the correct size of barb for the tubing you have then no clamps or adhesives are needed.
Clamps only start to be needed for tubing sizes over 3/8" ID.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:20 PM

Alright so I live in Canada, where would I find the fittings or are there any online stores that ship to Canada that have stuff like this?

Edited by Kyrativ, 14 January 2009 - 08:21 PM.

NERFSTRONG #44

#7 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:07 PM

I find barbed fittings at Home depot. Im really sorry that you are having all these problems with the guns I traded you. They worked when I had them. I made sure of that before I put them in the mail.
You are looking for 1/4od barbed fittings, they look a bit like a dumbbell.
EDIT: 900th post....

Edited by mystefansdontflystraight, 14 January 2009 - 10:08 PM.

QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#8 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

I use bits of a broken airsoft gun's barrel. It acts as a coupler and gets the job done. I also recently obtained 1/8" OD fuel tubing. I just glue that inside to ends of my 1/4" OD, 1/8" ID vinyl tubing and voila! Seriously limits airflow, but that isn't an issue when most of the air being shot out is coming from the tank. Barbed fitting are too expensive. I said forget it when I saw the 1.17 price per fitting at ace. Even if I ordered in bulk online, using the fuel tubing is much cheaper.

Edited by TantumBull, 14 January 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#9 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:51 AM

I find barbed fittings at Home depot. Im really sorry that you are having all these problems with the guns I traded you. They worked when I had them. I made sure of that before I put them in the mail.
You are looking for 1/4od barbed fittings, they look a bit like a dumbbell.
EDIT: 900th post....

Well actually the 2k was my fault, i think i fucked up when i plugged the pump and i was just doing some shootin around my house and it suddenly stopped working, I opened it and sure enough the black pointy piece had broken off. As for the sm750 i have it working again it just has weak range and accuracy. Thanks for the help and Ill be sure to go to home depot sometimes soon and get this moffo working again.

NERFSTRONG #44

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users