Heavy body work

9 replies to this topic

#1 testmachine55

testmachine55

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:45 AM

Hello,

I would like to try my hand at giving my nite finder a new look. i have searched for what is the best thing to use for body work but cant find a good answer. here is a picture of my thoughts. i need something to fill in large holes, since i will be cutting a few parts off, but that is easy to sand and paint. i want to fill in the front of the blaster, the circle nerf is coming off and so is the dart holder. I already modded the light and took that out and put in a laser pointer and switch to the side by the trigger.

Posted Image

http://i61.tinypic.com/2hdw9kg.jpg

if the above didnt work...

if this is in the wrong spot i apologize in advance.

-mario

#2 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:54 AM

You want to do more than just fill in large holes, you probably should just remove the existing upper shell and fabricate your own. If you were to "Fill it in" to the desired look you're gonna have a HEAVY little blaster.With how blocky that concept art is I'd probably go with, yeah, new body panels.

I see what you want to fill in on the flashlight compartment and for that I'd use an auto body filler.

#3 testmachine55

testmachine55

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

You want to do more than just fill in large holes, you probably should just remove the existing upper shell and fabricate your own. If you were to "Fill it in" to the desired look you're gonna have a HEAVY little blaster.With how blocky that concept art is I'd probably go with, yeah, new body panels.

I see what you want to fill in on the flashlight compartment and for that I'd use an auto body filler.

just the side hole. i need the front hole open since i have the laser pointer installed in it. but that ugly circle nerf in the back kills me. needs to be gone. new body panels = cheap toy guns that i can pull apart and use as parts?

#4 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:36 AM

Your drawing looks almost exactly like a scout. Perhaps you could rob the cocking slide off the top and mod it to fit over your NF? you'd save a bundle on filler material and hours of sanding.
"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#5 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:53 AM

just the side hole. i need the front hole open since i have the laser pointer installed in it. but that ugly circle nerf in the back kills me. needs to be gone. new body panels = cheap toy guns that i can pull apart and use as parts?

Yeah, I knew what you meant by only the side hole, sorry I wasn't clear enough. You're red circles are a little confusing, in the 'barrel' area of the blaster, are you wanting to fill that in to make it flush with the plunger assembly?

shmmee's idea of a Scout slide is a good one but I'm still not sure what your end goal is here. Were you wanting a square, boxy-looking blaster the way your concept art shows or is that just how it looks to us?

#6 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Your drawing looks like a rebel blaster lol.

#7 testmachine55

testmachine55

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

Im sorry for the drawing. it does look blocky. where the plunger tube shows is would like to fill that so its flush. but that isnt important. The front part with that huge gap i want it covered. here i used some play dough to get an idea. the back where the nerf logo is is also going to get cut, and made flush to the body of the rest of the blaster.

Posted Image

i wont be able to post again till tomorrow. so my question is, what clay like substance can I use that will dry hard, be sandable and paintable.
another post said epoxy putty. thoughts?

thank you all in advance

#8 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

So...

Posted Image

?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#9 SolarFusion

SolarFusion

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 03:18 PM

Im sorry for the drawing. it does look blocky. where the plunger tube shows is would like to fill that so its flush. but that isnt important. The front part with that huge gap i want it covered. here i used some play dough to get an idea. the back where the nerf logo is is also going to get cut, and made flush to the body of the rest of the blaster.

Posted Image

i wont be able to post again till tomorrow. so my question is, what clay like substance can I use that will dry hard, be sandable and paintable.
another post said epoxy putty. thoughts?

thank you all in advance

Well epoxy putty comes to mind. It comes in a stick that you cut off and mix together. So you're wanting to keep the rounded shape of the NF then? Reading the OP I'd thought you wanted to make it square. I'd definately recommend epoxy putty if all you're doing is filling gaps like you showed with the Play-Doh

BTW, I hope you aren't shooting people with those darts.

So...

Posted Image

?

Yeah, Lol, judging by his latest post (that you obviously didn't read) he wants to keep the rounded look of the plunger assembly and just extend it so that it covers the barrel section. Not squared up to be a pseudo-scout like his concept art shows.

Edited by SolarFusion, 25 November 2014 - 03:21 PM.

#10 Nitemare

Nitemare

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:43 PM

It will have the feel of a Nitefinder with the look of a scout.

Edited by Nitemare, 30 November 2014 - 12:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users