Photo

Dollar Store Arrows

4 replies to this topic

#1 iamthatcat

iamthatcat

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

My dollar store carries some nerfy stuff. My favorite so far are these arrows. The are labeled "Silly Shotz" & use a rubber band for launching. I've found them to have decent performance out of UMB's and the like.

They fly fairly accurately with some punch! They hold up to some power too. My little reflex launches them to 45' flat and can send them 55'+ angled. They work fine with a UMB's missile launcher for an adapter. They have a rubber band running through them. Better range might be had by modifying them a bit. They are not solid foam. That's probably why they don't destroy themselves.

They had that little bitty reflex and I had to pick it up.

Posted Image

Edited by iamthatcat, 12 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

#2 waffleman

waffleman

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've seen these and bought these for my guns before. They don't have arrow refills for Nerf, but these arrows work fine for me. I found a 99 cent store that sells 3 for 50 cents! Check those for even greater deals on these arrows.
Rednecks carry flamingos and use their redneck shotgns to hunt wild paper IN SOVIET RUSSIA OF COURSE!

#3 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:59 AM

These things are awesome. My last job got some with the company logo to give away as swag and they have crazy range with the "stock" propulsion rubber band.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#4 The Manta

The Manta

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Cool find! Also, if you plan on using these only with blasters, I think it would help to cut off the tip of the elastic and add a glue dome or something like that to increase aerodynamics. For some reason, it seams the elastic band would flap around and decrease accuracy and make the weight distribution a little off.
Get chance and luck

#5 iamthatcat

iamthatcat

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

The Manta wrote : "if you plan on using these only with blasters, I think it would help to cut off the tip of the elastic and add a glue dome or something like that to increase aerodynamics. For some reason, it seams the elastic band would flap around and decrease accuracy and make the weight distribution a little off."

Yup I have found that to be true. I want to try modding them but only have 3 so far. As soon as I can pick up a few extra I plan on trying.

Where the rubber band mounts inside the arrow is open all the way to the tip. If that area could be blocked a bit, better ranges would likely result. It's likely that blocking it totally would lead to damage with high pressures though.

Edited by iamthatcat, 14 April 2012 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users