6 replies to this topic

#1 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

POPULAR

Cincinnati Ohio, October 25, 10am

I know this is kinda short notice, but there is an event happening in Cincinnati Ohio, the weekend before Halloween that you guys might want to be part of.
https://www.facebook...stBlasterBattle

I realize that this is a stock blaster and ammo thing, but it is for a good cause. I prefer war more along the lines of Canada and Australia but, if successful, we will end up in the Guinness Book of World records. You could tell your grand kids, I was a nerd when that meant something...lol
I am working with these folks to see if it can become an actual war or as close as we can get without giving the lawyers a stroke. Log in and check it out
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#2 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

This looks really cool! I should probably be there with my definitely-not-modded Stryfe.

#3 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

A quick link to the event page.

This is strictly a stock class event, and is being hosted by the Children's Wellness Foundation. Tickets are $15 and go to charity, come on down and Nerf for a good cause!

October 25th, 10:00AM, Hamilton County Fairgrounds Cincinnati Ohio.

MERGED WITH THE OTHER THREAD

Was unaware there was already a thread about this, apologies.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 11 October 2014 - 08:32 PM.

#4 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:17 PM

Just a quick update, we got a bunch of SWAG from Hasbro
http://www.facebook....f_t=photo_reply

Edited by father time, 11 October 2014 - 08:18 PM.

-Miguel Ramos

#5 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:21 AM

Newest update, the war has now been changed to a FREE EVENT they will be accepting donations, but the event is free. Please go to the registration page and register.
http://childwellness...attle/#register
-Miguel Ramos

#6 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

Ok, I realize this event was Monnnths ago, but I was asked by an admin to do a "Recap" so here goes. The event was fun, even though we didn't really get anywhere near the record. The record is 468, we only had an "Official" count of 208. The count may have been more had they not waited till the very end to do it, by that time we had quite a few people leave already.
(Insert Rod Serling voice)
"Imagine if you will, more than 200 people running around at a war, hosted by a group that has never hosted one before". It was total chaos, I spent most of my time running around being the "Goggle Nazi", lots of people running around like "It's a little foam dart, what's it gonna do, blind me"? Well actually, yeah. "You'll shoot your eye out kid."
No one really knew who was on their team, or who to shoot at, and when you did shoot someone, they just kept on going like you never got close...lol I still had fun (Chaos is my element).
They used cardboard boxes for cover, problem was, they didn't have nearly enough. This was partially my fault since as usual I was late and I was bringing several large boxes.
They actually had "Sponsors", one of which was our own Duke Wintermaul, he had a stand selling both performance, and cosmetically modded blasters, he was also able to get some cool aerial footage from his quad copter. One of the other sponsors was a restaurant called "Tom-an-Chee" I had never had anything from there, and was like, "How you gonna have a restaurant that only sells tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches" BEST frigging grilled cheese ever!

So since it's usually done this way.
Pros:
Meeting lots of fun people
Getting to fling foam at more players than I had darts
Having a Professional D.J. from the Ohio Center For Broadcasting to make announcements
Good food
Great weather

Cons:
Too many players
Not enough cover
No organization
Not knowing who to shoot at
People not taking hits
The D.J. (Casey) sucked...lol

Here's the link to some of the pictures from the Facebook page:
My link
Perhaps Duke Wintermaul will post the video link.
-Miguel Ramos

#7 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:20 PM

It was indeed an interesting event. I actually wasn't aware I was supposed to be selling my gear until I actually got to the event. Fun little surprise, all I sold was a stock Deploy and a painted BuzzBee UltimateRapidBlast.

Still, had a good time in Cincinnati. The next day, Sunday, Father Time and the rest of the Cinci hoodlums hosted an actual war. Their little shindigs are always enjoyable, and I never regret going. Except that one time it rained, fuck you rain.

Edited by Duke Wintermaul, 21 February 2015 - 01:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users