Nerf Vulcan mod troubleshooting

Once again, me and my vulcan XD lol

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dude with a Nerf

Dude with a Nerf

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:17 AM

Dudes!! I've been modding a vulcan for a time, and after doing some steps over and over I've got to the same result, in auto mode darts won't come out. Mods i've done: I replaced the spring, changed the battery for a 12v 1.2AMP solid one (like this one http://www.steren.co...mbo/br-1201.jpg), and I've cut the air restrictor.
I checked the plunger tube head and it's correctly placed. I also sealed it with vaseline (the head where the orange air restrictor goes). But in 'manual' it shoots very well, really strong and far.

I thought if I had misplaced something from the mechanism, the gun wouldn't shoot at all, but maybe I'm missing something. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:27 AM

...vaseline...

I used to use Vaseline, it's not good for the longevity of nerf guns in general. It's a petrochemical, a chemical derived from the refinement of petroleum, which will erode the inside of your blaster slowly as time goes on, as plastics are also oil based.
As to your problem, that particular battery might be making the Vulcan cycle to quickly, give it a shot with normal batteries and see what gives.

Edited by Mully, 29 March 2014 - 12:28 AM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:29 AM

Check the gears, they may have stripped from the extra force of the stronger spring. Other than that I cant really see anything else being wrong with it. But, then again, vulcans are confusing and stupidly built, so all bets could be off.

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#4 Dude with a Nerf

Dude with a Nerf

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

Thanks dudes! I'll check the gearing and belts again. As for the battery, i thought it could be but i've used the same battery on a stock vulcan and it works. It shoots shorter but almost all darts come out of the belt (let's say, missing 1 out of 25)

It's been a little bit of a nightmare modding that vulcan but, I think, if it comes to work finally will be a great relief hehehe. I'll post pictures and videos of my results in some weeks.

#5 P-Bizzle

P-Bizzle

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 12:00 AM

I run about 10 vulcans for our church's nerf ministry and have done the exact same mods u have(plus new marabuchi motors, reinforced plunger rods and 25v lion packs). Recently two have stopped working. Upon close inspection there were what appeared to be discoloration on the plunger tubes. They were actually cracks that formed but really didn't open until the gun was in use. I fused one crack back together and it works again. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users