NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion

100ft+ new loser blaster sub-range+++

62 replies to this topic

#26 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

You listed the price in British pounds. Does that mean it will not retail in the U.S.?
Also, at 1.5 meters long, that is awful lot of barrel drag affecting the dart. Will the barrel be tight?
About the plunger design, I think a bolt-action (similar to longshot and longstrike) will better suit modders and XBLA 12yr COD looozers.
Iron sights? Damn.

Edited by Super0dp, 03 March 2013 - 09:08 PM.

Got Tools?

#27 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:18 PM

What if it has a reverse plunger system...
Gino

#28 MattTheSasquatch

MattTheSasquatch

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

I am definitely getting one of these when it's released in the U.S. It may be big and bulky, but imagine this in a campus HvZ. May not be very "practical", but the size and range may scare the zombies away.
You're never too old to play with Nerf Blasters.

#29 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Until we see internal pictures, there's not much to talk about with regard to the blaster itself. The NIC is consistently wrong when it tries to deduce these things.

The new darts are interesting. I am personally sort of interested in trying out larger darts, though 1" seems overly large.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 03 March 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#30 CigarBaby

CigarBaby

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Seeing a 100ft Nerf blaster is pretty cool, but it also makes nearly all homemades obsolete range wise. With modding I'm pretty sure it will make all the homemades we have now obsolete range wise (besides maybe some air-powered blasters). But being as long as it is, it definitely isn't as maneuverable and not as good in other aspects as well. It will sure be interesting seeing the internals on this thing though. I'm excited.

#31 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

Honestly, I don't care if it is 5 feet long, it's still awesome. And even if its totally unmoddable, I'll still buy 3 or 4 just to paint them and fire in stock form. Sure it may never be war worthy, but as just a toy, it's freaking hilarious. 1" diameter darts, are the new titan missile, as brought up earlier in the thread. And if the barrel actually does rifle, that would be a really cool first from hasbro. 100' range claim is also a huge deal, to me at least.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#32 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

I think that many people would mod this to shoot micros. Also, when is this exactly supposed to come out?

Edited by Tangerle, 03 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Gino

#33 Buffdaddy

Buffdaddy

Do not buy from this member

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 824 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Until we see internal pictures, there's not much to talk about with regard to the blaster itself. The NIC is consistently wrong when it tries to deduce these things.

The new darts are interesting. I am personally sort of interested in trying out larger darts, though 1" seems overly large.

I've gad great experiences with 3/4" foam, out of springers and 4Bs. Somewhat reduced range compared to micros, but still far enough to work great and scare the bejeezus out of people. Although I don't recommend them for DtC if said core has some kind of paper or fabric barrier you have to shoot through. It just doesn't work.

#34 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

I can't wait to get may hands on one of these and be the biggest loser at Nerf wars!!!1

Now in all seriousness, can you tell us anything about this new clip system? Is that a banana clip? Will there be larger magazines? From what you have seen, do you think it would be possible to modify to put a typical CS magwell in its place? If this is the case, it would be possible to breach it to accept micros AND keep its original functionality, just with smaller ammo.

In addition, about how far would you say that bottom rail attachment is from the user? Would it be possible to make this pump action, or is that just too far away?

Thanks for taking the time to share all of this information.

And just to confirm it, this is the blaster you were saying would change the game, correct?

Edited by ShaNayNay, 03 March 2013 - 10:57 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#35 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Seeing a 100ft Nerf blaster is pretty cool, but it also makes nearly all homemades obsolete range wise. With modding I'm pretty sure it will make all the homemades we have now obsolete range wise (besides maybe some air-powered blasters).

If the NIC really wanted to, we could make something that absolutely kills this for range and/or muzzle velocity, and since we don't have to conform to product safety regulations, this will never change. We set limits based on our own (less strict) safety standards. Even that limit we hit a few years back when the +bow came along and pretty much set the standard for top-tier power. A lot of the innovation that has come along since then hasn't been geared towards more power, but to things like rate of fire, ease of construction, and compactness. It is for those reasons that I can't see this changing the NIC much. Mod it to shoot micros, and it'll be too powerful even for our standards, and be war banned.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm sure people will still buy it and mod it, but it'll be more for funzies than war use. And I see it being used more because large ammo is fun than because it can shoot a micro a bazillion feet.

#36 CigarBaby

CigarBaby

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Ok Snakerbot, I see your reasoning. So pretty much the range limit we have right now in the NIC is going to stay the same. So its not that the NIC can't make something really powerful, it's just that it would be pointless.

But anyway to get back on topic, I think this will probably be the range limit for Nerf for quite some time. I don't see anything that can shoot farther than this would be safe for play.

#37 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Seeing a 100ft Nerf blaster is pretty cool, but it also makes nearly all homemades obsolete range wise. With modding I'm pretty sure it will make all the homemades we have now obsolete range wise (besides maybe some air-powered blasters). But being as long as it is, it definitely isn't as maneuverable and not as good in other aspects as well. It will sure be interesting seeing the internals on this thing though. I'm excited.

People who sacrifice mobility and rate of fire at a Nerf war almost always lose. Speed and agility coupled with a small lightweight blaster win rounds. And no, this will not make homemades obsolete in range. The Titan and Jobar didn't make anything obsolete, so this certainly will not. Things that are considered to be dangerously powerful are banned at wars.

Is that a banana clip?

It looks as if it is a straight magazine that is just angled downward.

#38 MyLastDart

MyLastDart

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

I can't wait to get may hands on one of these and be the biggest loser at Nerf wars!!!1

Now in all seriousness, can you tell us anything about this new clip system? Is that a banana clip? Will there be larger magazines? From what you have seen, do you think it would be possible to modify to put a typical CS magwell in its place? If this is the case, it would be possible to breach it to accept micros AND keep its original functionality, just with smaller ammo.

In addition, about how far would you say that bottom rail attachment is from the user? Would it be possible to make this pump action, or is that just too far away?

Thanks for taking the time to share all of this information.

And just to confirm it, this is the blaster you were saying would change the game, correct?

The MCS-6 clip is a beefed up on 'roids cs-6 clip. There are larger magazines - but for what I cannot say due to NDA. It's actually really nice when you get down in a prone position, the MCS-6 clip does not affect using the blaster at all, its chisel design makes it more manageable actually.

This blaster will not and cannot fire regular Elite sized darts. If you want that, you will have to do a complete gut and rebuild. If you did that, I guess you are looking at a homemade with a sexed up mould.

The stock is akin to a Rayven.

If you wanted to make it into a pump action, again the bolt is 2ft long. Think you are looking at a complete rehash honestly speaking.

This is not the game changer blaster, no :) Hang in there.

Edited by MyLastDart, 04 March 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#39 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

OK, my 2 cents... from just seeing the box art and hearing/reading the specs.
Pros:
- Hitting 100ft flat, that was a definite nod to us in finally making proper performance.
- The red coloring is nice to see outside of the Crimson Strike series exclusives (Psyk will be happy)\
- On size and length of priming draw this was designed for the "older" nerfer.

Cons:
- The fact that this doesn't break down will make it very cumbersome. I'm 6'4" and I'm leery about fielding this unless I'm camping a base.
- Pricing, at 40 pounds unless that is a universal price and will be $39.99 USD and such, that is going to translate to a big price increase here stateside, not to mention in Australia and Singapore.

On the fence with:
- New MCS darts. The larger dart obviously is the driving point of being "accurate" at 100 feet, but this means have to either load up on another type of ammo or having to solely use this type of dart and assuming, corresponding blasters that use it.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#40 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:50 AM

Are the other blasters that you mentioned before following this same color pattern and ammo type?
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#41 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

This is by far the most interesting thing I've seen come out of Nerf in a long time. Based off the descriptions (2' plunger stroke, spring that won't shatter plastic, functional barrel), this would seem to be a spring-assisted HAMP or ramrocket, something with huge amounts of slow air that would require the long barrel.

This blaster doesn't seem to be directly targeted at the current NIC, but adds a very interesting dynamic when mixed in with the other stock Elite blasters. Really, it harkens back to NIC wars from before everything was hoppers and pump action, when the decision was between high range but relatively low ROF, or vice versa. It'll make stock wars a lot more interesting, and a lot more fun....and may be something for the NIC to take note of.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#42 AbstractSociety

AbstractSociety

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

For some reason his post isn't on his blog anymore. But I copied and pasted it on my blog if you want to check it out in it's entirety.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm getting word that they want me to take it down as well.

Edited by AbstractSociety, 04 March 2013 - 03:21 PM.

#43 Ivan S

Ivan S

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Guys. Hasbro absolutely always, in every case, 100% of the time, no exceptions, advertises angled ranges. This thing maybe has modding potential to 100ft flat and beyond, but expecting it to get that stock is wishful thinking.
Notice that the fine print, just like every other nerf blaster, says "fires up to" in front of the range.

Edited by Ivan S, 04 March 2013 - 12:55 PM.

You can never take nerf too seriously, but you can easily take yourself too seriously.
~Talio

#44 Datum

Datum

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

There's one of two things going on with the barrel:

1.) It's bullcrap and I'm getting rid of it because I don't want 5 feet of blaster in the closer quarters of where I play, and replacing it with a much shorter working barrel out of PVC etc.

2.) It actually is useful as a legit barrel and after I finish being happy I'll still cut it down considerably.

In both cases I'd be doing some barrel porting that looks like a muzzle brake, just to make sure it stays accurate if I shorten the barrel past its optimal length.

The new cigar darts I like. It seems like a lot of the sameness of modern nerf blasters is having to do with everything kind of maxing out on the same dart. Having something that handles differently is going to be a great addition to battles at my school.

I'm glad they finally understand that scopes do nothing when your darts arc like mad given their low velocity, but I do want some good iron sights, something adjustable like those old rifle sights, so I can hit targets at distance better.

Edited by Datum, 04 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#45 atomatron

atomatron

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Guys. Hasbro absolutely always, in every case, 100% of the time, no exceptions, advertises angled ranges. This thing maybe has modding potential to 100ft flat and beyond, but expecting it to get that stock is wishful thinking.
Notice that the fine print, just like every other nerf blaster, says "fires up to" in front of the range.

I doubt this given MyLastDart's experience with them first hand, also given the plunger tube size it sounds like it could do that.

As it looks I'll be getting one (at least), the potential for this is leaps and bounds ahead of any blaster currently in production, you weren't kidding when you said there was something that would blow the LS and longstrike out of the water. I am a bit dissapointed with the incoming old-megas/mongos/megas confusion but whatever, terminology doesn't really matter if the distinction is clear.
Perche Germolgi. [Because it shoots]

Rainbow Clan

#46 Atlantis Risen

Atlantis Risen

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:19 PM

I tend to agree with this. If the blaster truly hits 100' flat, then that would mean that it would hit about 125' elevated and Hasbro would be putting "hits up to 125 feet!" on the box. They always advertise the maximum it can hit.

For some reason his post isn't on his blog anymore. But I copied and pasted it on my blog if you want to check it out in it's entirety.

http://basicnerf.wor...-first-blaster/

EDIT: Sorry guys, I'm getting word that they want me to take it down as well.

Word from who? Hasbro directly?

Edited by Atlantis_Risen, 04 March 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#47 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but sorry if someone did.
If you look at the dart, it's just a Whistler Dart with Red Foam and slightly thicker foam.

#48 Atlantis Risen

Atlantis Risen

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but sorry if someone did.
If you look at the dart, it's just a Whistler Dart with Red Foam and slightly thicker foam.

Except it's 1" thick and 4" long. If you draw that on a piece of paper, you'll see how huge it is. That hole in the end of the dart may just be the hole that allows air out so the tip can compress easier that is seen on all darts.

Edited by Atlantis_Risen, 04 March 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#49 Ezio Nerf

Ezio Nerf

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Except it's 1" thick and 4" long. If you draw that on a piece of paper, you'll see how huge it is.

Oh, ok. Yea, you put it that way it's bigger than Chuck Norris's dick.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

YOUR JOKE BLOWS AS HARD AS YOUR MOM LAST NIGHT

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 04 March 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#50 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

My main question is why there isn't an awesome looking (if unnecessary) scope.

This is by far the most interesting thing I've seen come out of Nerf in a long time. Based off the descriptions (2' plunger stroke, spring that won't shatter plastic, functional barrel), this would seem to be a spring-assisted HAMP or ramrocket, something with huge amounts of slow air that would require the long barrel.

I know people are always complaining that rifling barrels means air will just escape around the dart, maybe the long/slow plunger is to keep the airflow up despite that.
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users