26 replies to this topic

#1 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:10 PM

WANO VI (Washington Area Nerf Out)

Woodland Park, Seattle, WA
Saturday, September 27th (rain or shine)
12:00pm - 6:00pm

Primer:

This may be the last one of the season so let's make it a good time. Feel free to invite friends! We always have plenty of loaner weapons thanks to our generous participants. If you can arm yourself, great. If you can bring extra darts (within regulations) please do! See you all there.

Directions:

Posted Image

Meet in the parking lot just off of Highway 99 (#1). If you are heading north on 99 there is a turn that leads directly to this parking lot. Once 12:30 hits we will be moving to the area by the picnic structure (visible from the parking lot, just east of it). If this area is occupied we will be using an area south of there, right up against 99 (#2). Stick to the fence and walk past the stone wall: that's where we'll be.

Bring:

Eyewear for yourself and extras if you've got them.

Blasters! Be aware that these wars feature higher powered blasters (modified, long range, homemade). Loaners are very much appreciated.

Darts! We generally use homemade darts (stefans). We will have a stockpile of stock and homemade but would love to borrow yours for the day.

Water and lots of it. Food would be good. There will be no lunch break so eat beforehand.

Etiquette:

(RULE #1, of the utmost importance) Don't be a bitch – or put more positively, be a gentleman. We are all gentlemen here, treat each other with respect and play fair. Don't try to cheat the rules or do anything untoward -- remember that this is a game! At the end of the day, being upset about something in-game is really not worth it. If you are disruptive or unpleasant you will be asked to leave. Please don't make this necessary.

Don’t waste time. If we are picking up darts, thou shalt help out. If we are gearing up to start a game, get your shit together and get in line. I will do my best to not be long-winded in explanations of games/rules and I ask that you be ready to listen.

Dart sweeps will happen frequently and must be respected. You can load up and otherwise mess with your gear after the sweep. Unless we are doing a thorough sweep, just keep the darts you want and throw the rest in the pool. This will save time in preparing for the next round.

General Rules:

Eyewear required by all players during the game. We have limited extras, please bring your own. If you are not wearing eye protection you will be considered out of the game. Please don't bring full face masks as they tend to freak pedestrians out.

Age minimum is 14 years. If you are being chaperoned, your chaperones will have to stay so we know you can get home. Even if you are younger, you are still subject to the same rules as everyone else. Please be mature and cooperative, not disruptive.

Everyone has the right to call a hold for any reason. If you hear someone yell hold, do the same. We stop for pedestrians or other unexpected eventualities that warrant stopping. Please note, I will call resumes. If we have multiple people calling resumes it will be confusing. If I don’t know what is going on yet, just wait a minute. We will get back in action soon.

Flagging tape for team games should be placed on the head or prominently on the blaster as these things tend to protrude around cover. No one should be confused about what team you are on.

Boundaries are awkward for this field. In general, don't try to be tricky. Stay where everyone else is. If you think your idea is really clever, it's probably too clever and just don't do it.

Hits:

Any part of your body counts as a hit (clothes, accessories, facial hair (this was a thing), whatever). Your blaster also counts as a hit. No shields. No blocking. No exceptions.

The shooter calls the hit, meaning if someone says they hit you, it is true: period. Do not argue. Shooters, if you do not see the hit happen for sure, do not call it! Be a gentleman. Make sure to call your hits because they are frequently not felt. If you are hit and they don’t call it, be nice and just take it. There is no such thing as arguing over a hit at these wars.

Barrel taps are permitted if your blaster is ready to fire and your opponent is unaware of your presence. Please do not touch anyone with your blaster. Give them a friendly pat on the back or just say "barrel tap." Barrel taps do not happen from the front. If you are attacking from the front, just shoot them. If you can't defend yourself and don't want to be shot close range, put your hands up and surrender.

When hit, put your hands/blaster above your head and please get out of the way. Don’t reload/pick up darts in the middle of a firefight as it is confusing and irritating. Go somewhere away from the action to do that sort of thing. If someone has to ask if you're in it's because you aren't making it clear. Do us a favor.

Weaponry:

Do not bring blasters that look like real guns. Bright colors are great. If your blaster looks scary we will ask you to put it away.

Range limit is 120ft. I reserve the right to ban blasters for any reason at all. Bring what you have, but I may have to veto.

No melee weapons. Period.

Darts:

Bring lots of these if you have them, they are appreciated even if we don’t end up using them.

Slugs are standard. No glue domes. Darts should have a soft tip. Nothing heavier than #6 washers. This includes (obviously) #8 washers and slingshot ammo.

Darts will be pooled at the end of rounds, so mark them if you want them back at the end of the day.

Gametypes:

TDM (3:15)
Speedround TDM
CTF (Unlimited Spawn)
FFA Pistols (Continuous)
King of the Stopwatch

Thanks to Gunther, Dayko, FlamingHilt, ooontrprzes and Langley for rule/gametype inspiration! You guys are the best.

Confirmed:
LizardMessiah
namm
iModify

Maybe:
nisaburo
Draconis
Green Wing

Edited by Lizard Messiah, 22 September 2014 - 02:02 AM.

A man is scarcely a man without a handkerchief.

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

POPULAR

I will see what I can do. This is a weekend of my anniversay so matters must be handled delicately.

#3 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:54 PM

Is a hoppered BBUMB okay? I'll make sure i still have the OPRV there for safety issues, i was also wondering, what weights for stefans aren't allowed?

Edited by Axe, 15 September 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#4 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

That BBUMB is fine so long as the opv is still intact. We run #6 washer slugs and stock darts exclusivly at these wars. No domes.

#5 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

That BBUMB is fine so long as the opv is still intact. We run #6 washer slugs and stock darts exclusively at these wars. No domes.

Silicone domes included in that ban too? Also, I'm a vague maybe. I'd like to go, but we'll see.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#6 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

I will see what I can do. This is a weekend of my anniversay so matters must be handled delicately.

Edited by Axe, 17 September 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#7 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

sorry i posted that thingy i messed up, nerf haven is complicated for meh

Edited by Axe, 18 September 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#8 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:13 AM

POPULAR

nisaburo: Understood. Always a delicate matter. Hope you can make it! And thanks for answering questions for me.

Draconis: Silicone is acceptable. It's mainly the hot glue we're doing away with.

Axe: Use your words my son.

#9 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:07 PM

Did a count on the supplies I inherited from Taerkitty. Nearly 500 made slugs plus a few of his "experimental" dart types.

Im also thinking about putting together some dart making kits with the excess supplies for folks that want to get into making their own ammo. What would be the interest level for that?

#10 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

are slingshot weights allowed?

Edited by Axe, 18 September 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#11 Green Wing

Green Wing

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 01:14 AM

Did a count on the supplies I inherited from Taerkitty. Nearly 500 made slugs plus a few of his "experimental" dart types.

Im also thinking about putting together some dart making kits with the excess supplies for folks that want to get into making their own ammo. What would be the interest level for that?

I would be interested in it, mainly for the foam though assuming it has a springer fit in cpvc.

I am still a maybe for the war as I am not sure how my schedule will change yet.

If I do make it I would be interested in buying about 200 slug darts with springer fit in cpvc if anyone is selling. I am moving in for University and unfortunately don't have time to make darts.

#12 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:25 PM

are slingshot weights allowed?

Traditionally slingshot weight implies a hot glue dome, so no. Alternativly, I suppose you could make a modified slug with slingshot weight, in which case I would guess no. The problem with slingshot weight is it adds a lot of mass to the dart which typically results in a much more painful and dangerous dart.

I would be interested in it, mainly for the foam though assuming it has a springer fit in cpvc.

There are a couple kinds of foam I would offer, 2 of which fit fine in cpvc.

Edited by nisaburo, 19 September 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#13 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

alright thanks.. but are there any other weights banned?

#14 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hmm idk if i will go, im underage but I'm mature but i dont think you guys will take that

#15 iModify

iModify

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Count me in for now! And will anyone have a roll of felt tips at the war I could buy?
Air guns go bang bang

-iModify

#16 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Count me in for now! And will anyone have a roll of felt tips at the war I could buy?

I will.

#17 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:15 AM

iModify: Excellent. It will be great to see you again.

Axe: Sorry man, age limit has got to be enforced. Don't worry, I plan on keeping these things going at least another season and hopefully someone will take the reigns when I retire. Also, friendly advice: don't double post and make sure you review how your post looks. The mods here like to keep things real clean.

Green Wing: Hope you can make it.

In general, slingshot weights are no good. As nisaburo said, they are comparable in weight to #8 washers. They hit a little harder than many would prefer. I do enjoy the extra range but I don't want to leave too many marks.

Edited by Lizard Messiah, 22 September 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#18 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

Well, you bitches better bring at least your "B" game, because we'll be there on Saturday. And we'll actually have darts this time. If anyone is looking for stock blasters for cheap, let me know so I can pack them up by Friday night.

#19 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

ok

Edited by Axe, 23 September 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#20 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:57 PM

Ill be coming, but probably not until after 2pm.

#21 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

Is there any equipment you guys would like me to bring? Electronic dart tag flags, balls, requests for cooler supplies, etc? Also anyone want blasters? I have primary-worthy stuff like triple-shots, PAS's, SGRLs, Longshots, 3ks, 2ks, SM1500s, all sorts of stuff. If anyone is even vaguely interested, let me know. I just need to open up space, and am willing to let things go cheap.

#22 Axe

Axe

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

How was the war?

#23 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:25 AM

How was the war?

It was pretty great! While it started off late for myself and my son, due to a four lane-blocking car accident on I-5 through Tacoma, we had a great time. It was nice to finally meet some gentlemen whom I have conversed with electronically for years. We are definitely looking forward to nerfing with you guys again!
One thing is definitely clear, though... I need to work on my blasters, sheesh.

#24 GreenSpike

GreenSpike

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:40 PM

POPULAR

Wish I'd gone.

Edited by GreenSpike, 06 October 2014 - 05:42 PM.

#25 Lizard Messiah

Lizard Messiah

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:41 PM

Thanks to all who made it out, especially Draconis. Sorry about what sounds like a painful journey. As always I had a grand old time. Calling it quits for this season but I will see you all again in May or June! Keep that flame a-burnin'.

Lizard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users