NJNO4

For realzies this time.

98 replies to this topic

#76 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

To anyone concerned about no shelter. I will be bringing a tent with me, it's fairly sizable, enough to fit a good size car under (I think it's almost 20 feet long and at least 8-10 feet high.) and I will get that set up as soon as I get there.

EDIT: Does anyone have a speedloader they can lend me for my nitefinder for tomorrow??

If its minimized I have a speedloader for you. If its not my barrels aren't long enough for you.

I'll also be bringing a crap ton of blasters to sell. Bring your cash!

Edited by hoongfu, 02 March 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#77 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:52 PM

Glad to see people aren't being dissuaded by the rain.

We'll be warming up with a 3-15 FFA match as soon as we get a few people there, so be prepared for that.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#78 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:58 PM

I can bring extra eye protection for anyone who needs it and orange flagging tape.

#79 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

If it's cool with everyone, I'm going to bring a proper camera, for some war vids... my files from NJNO2 got corrupted, in case anyone wondered what happened to that.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#80 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

I'm fine with that. Just get my good side. I'm also bringing my iphone rig to get some blaster-point-of-view footage if I can find software that lowers the resolution of the Iphone's video.

#81 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'm fine with that. Just get my good side. I'm also bringing my iphone rig to get some blaster-point-of-view footage if I can find software that lowers the resolution of the Iphone's video.

You could try to trade capacity for bandwidth and u-stream it. I think they have a feature to record video straight to the web. It'll probably be choppy as all hell though.

I'm thinking if it's wet through to the afternoon, an extra long off-site lunch may be in order. Maybe head over to the Omega Diner around noon if it's still shitty, give everyone a chance to warm up, and head back when the sun starts to come out? I'd rather take a longer break and nerf 'till 5:30 if it's not going to be sunny out until 2

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#82 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:23 PM

You could try to trade capacity for bandwidth and u-stream it. I think they have a feature to record video straight to the web. It'll probably be choppy as all hell though.

I'm thinking if it's wet through to the afternoon, an extra long off-site lunch may be in order. Maybe head over to the Omega Diner around noon if it's still shitty, give everyone a chance to warm up, and head back when the sun starts to come out? I'd rather take a longer break and nerf 'till 5:30 if it's not going to be sunny out until 2

sounds like a plan.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#83 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:30 AM

According to the weather channel. looks like we are in the clear today. did you still want the tent just in case? I have no problem bringing it. I just have to throw it.in the truck.

Edited by Griever 2112, 03 March 2012 - 07:30 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#84 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:35 AM

According to the weather channel. looks like we are in the clear today. did you still want the tent just in case? I have no problem bringing it. I just have to throw it.in the truck.

Please do. I had the most beautiful dream it would be sunny today.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

#85 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

Thanks to everyone for coming to NJNO. We had an active 24 which is awesome. As a bonus the weather turned nice and stayed that way through the day.

For those of you that didn't hear, we're planning on making NJNO a permanent affair (as far as this season goes). We were thinking ever 2nd saturday of the month would be a good way to go. Those who can show up will, and those who can't can just wait for the next month. If a month is slow then I can double host. As far as the parks are concerned, I think size will determine which one is chosen. Today was a good example of why we need a definite head count. Hopefully I'll have some free time to make some ghetto mobstacles to even out the sides next time. Expect the next war thread to be up soon.

Edited by andtheherois, 03 March 2012 - 08:28 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

#86 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

I just got home and realized that I left my blue fold-up chair at the war site. Did anyone pick up a long, blue bag from under one of the picnic tables? If someone can find it and hold onto it, I can give you $5 for your trouble at the next war. Love everything else today, the weather, the turnout, it was all awesome.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#87 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

I just got home and realized that I left my blue fold-up chair at the war site. Did anyone pick up a long, blue bag from under one of the picnic tables? If someone can find it and hold onto it, I can give you $5 for your trouble at the next war. Love everything else today, the weather, the turnout, it was all awesome.

I gotcha covered. We were wondering who's it was. On that note, someone also left a couplerd shotblast. Clowny has it.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

#88 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Also a Jolt, which Redshot has.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#89 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Sweet! I brought it because I wasn't sure if there would be any dry place to sit, but the benches ended up being fine and I totally forgot that I had the chair at all. I'm pretty sure the shotblast belongs to Hydro cannon kid.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#90 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

Also a Jolt, which Redshot has.

Sounds like LT Dan's. He's the only one who I saw brought Jolts aside from Redshot.

#91 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:51 AM

I just wanted to thank Hero for hosting this weekend, I think much fun was had by all, we had good weather for most of the day. Definitely a kick ass war.

My Youtube Page

#92 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Thanks to Hero for another great war. Thank you to everyone who showed up despite the ominous clouds and rain that morning. This was by far my favorite war. Not because of the rounds per hour (because there wasn't too many) but the intensity of each round. Also the variety of players really made this war fun. We had some rushers, losers, and excellent teamwork (sometimes) overall. And even though there were pumpsnaps and pumpbows, a nitefinder was the last man standing in one of the deathmatches. Or it could just be that Redshot is amazing. I took some footage at the end of the day, sadly when the action died down. I'll upload it later.

#93 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

Thanks to Hero for another great war. Thank you to everyone who showed up despite the ominous clouds and rain that morning. This was by far my favorite war. Not because of the rounds per hour (because there wasn't too many) but the intensity of each round. Also the variety of players really made this war fun. We had some rushers, losers, and excellent teamwork (sometimes) overall. And even though there were pumpsnaps and pumpbows, a nitefinder was the last man standing in one of the deathmatches. Or it could just be that Redshot is amazing. I took some footage at the end of the day, sadly when the action died down. I'll upload it later.

Do not forget the absolute awesomeness that is my AT. :D

My Youtube Page

#94 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

Found some slugs when I got home and was realy impressed with the foam. Slightly larger than normal diameter. Like to know who's they were. White and vary dense, black felt tip. Ass end is painted red. Anyone?

#95 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

Sounds like Lt Dan's darts to me.

Did anyone take photos or video of this war?

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#96 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

Those are, in fact, my darts.

I thought I saw someone taking video at the end of a war with an iPhone, but who it was escapes me.

#97 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

I happened to find one in my bag, gray foam with green felt and purple marker on the back. I filmed some of the first Carpe round, I was having trouble uploading it, but going to try again tonight. And Hoongfu has a few up.

My Youtube Page

#98 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

The purple marker on the back is Numa's darts.

Here's a link to my youtube channel with the raw footage. Kinda low action since they are at the end of each round towards the end of the day.

#99 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

I didn't take many pics, here's a few from the end of the day. Thanks for the info Hoongfu.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: The video is finally up, you can see it on my page

Edited by Griever 2112, 13 March 2012 - 05:28 PM.

My Youtube Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users