Fucking New Guys, and other assorted fuckery

2 replies to this topic

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:03 AM

Update: New members will not be allowed to post in the Trading forum. If the Trading forum is what you came here for, move along.

Read this if you are new here.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions from the last few weeks:

Why isn't (e-mail) validation working? Can you validate me?
You already validated the first time you clicked on the link in the e-mail you received when you registered. It worked. Stop clicking it.

Okay, so why can't I post?
Because you're new here, and we've shunted you into the Waiting group so that we don't have to deal with your sorry ass for a few days. No, I won't fix it, and no, I won't tell you how long it takes, it's a few days, and it may change from time to time. Take this opportunity to read the site, search for the answers to any questions you may have, and read the COC

Okay, I can post now, but I still don't have full access to the site.
You're a Fucking New Guy (FNG), so you'll take what we feel like giving you and you'll like it. These measures are in place to slow down spammers and trolls, and to keep new kids from losing their goddamned heads because they suddenly have a post button. It lasts a few weeks. Deal with it.

I can't log into my account, it's saying that username doesn't exist.
Did you create five accounts within five fucking minutes because we didn't give you a post button right away, and you thought trying again would help? If I see duplicate accounts, I will delete all of them (if you're lucky, I may leave one of them). Try the first one you signed up with.

And, since it bears repeating, the new guy survival guide:
  • READ THE CODE OF CONDUCT. Some of us take a perverse pleasure in removing members from our boards. Try not to give us an excuse.
  • SEARCH BEFORE YOU ASK. Our built-in search function (top right of every page) and google are the best way to find your answers. Also check the stickied topics in the relevant subforums before you post a new thread asking a question. We've got almost a decade of posts here, so we've probably already got the answer you were looking for.
  • LURK MORE. Read, read, read, read, read. By the time you make your first post, you should have a pretty good idea of whether or not we're going to bust your balls about it.
  • DON'T SASS THE ADMINS. This forum is not a democracy. It is a totalitarian dictatorship. If someone wants to ban you because they don't like the way your avatar looks, that's just how it is. If you don't like it, there are other nerf websites.

-Langley
No tag line for nine years, no reason to start now....fuck

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 Themeekus1

Themeekus1

• Banned
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:38 PM

That's BULLSHIT I just quit nerf for airsoft so ban me if you want i dont give a fuck.

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

That's BULLSHIT I just quit nerf for airsoft so ban me if you want i dont give a fuck.

Note to new members: If you post a BAN ME thread/post, I will comply with your request. If it turns out it was really just your brother, or your friend, or a time travelling clone of Ben Franklin, that is your problem. Use a good password, don't save it in your browser, and log yourself out if you share a computer with anyone you don't entirely trust.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users