Photo

N-strike Spectre Rev-5

52 replies to this topic

#26 glamdringguy15

glamdringguy15

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:53 PM

This essentially is the next Maverick. We don't know how good its performance will be until we actually get our hands on one, so let's just wait and see. Also, the fun of Nerf most definitely is underrated. Some of the best Nerf memories I have with my friends are of stock wars with Mavericks in someone's basement. Before you complain about reverse plungers and too many attachments and so on, remember when you were a kid. Kids love the customizable blaster idea, and Nerf is brilliant to let kids be creative (while still making money.) Kids are the primary audience for Nerf guns. For Hasbro to aim their products towards that demographic just makes simple sense.
QUOTE(Draconis @ Jun 17 2010, 01:56 PM) View Post

Also, would they be so devious as to retain moose, bears, and wolverines as legal council?

#27 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'm sorry but this gun just looks and sounds terrible. I'll be staying as far away from them as possible. The only way I would ever see myself buying one is if I see it in the thrift stores for $1.99
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#28 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:18 PM

Ugh.

It's going to be 2x as expensive as it needs to be to account for all the superfluous tacticool bullshit while offering nothing that's actually new. They implement the reverse plunger to save on plastic yet they add all this other shit that does absolutely nothing. Stupid.

Silencers? Folding stocks? Tactical sights? Camouflaged ammo?

I hope this realistic shit has an end in the near future.
Hell, I wish Nerf paid more attention to the dart tag line. Their stuff was actually fun and goofy, with an emphasis on actually playing games. Plus, you got way more bang for your buck.

Whatever. I highly doubt I'll be buying this.

Edited by Fome, 04 June 2010 - 06:19 PM.

#29 Coal Ten

Coal Ten

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 07:57 PM

Did anyone else notice that all three of the officially revealed blasters have the same kid on their boxes?

#30 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

Did anyone else notice that all three of the officially revealed blasters have the same kid on their boxes?

I did just notice that now, but only when the pictures were side-by-side on the NH front page. Seems odd to me...
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#31 W477Z

W477Z

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

I haven't read all of the comments posted so far so I have no idea if this has been said already, but, if the barrel system is the same as the maverick's, maybe the double/triple rotating barrels mod could be done. Although, the price of that mod could be up there. looks cool though! B)
[font=Comic Sans Ms]i tried cocking it back but it doesn't come out at the right angle. What do i do???? (speaking of a recon)

#32 meatballica

meatballica

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 06:30 PM

That is one lucky kid. He gets to play with all the new toys before we do. I wonder if he mods too? Maybe he is a member here.
"You've waged your war on nerves, but you can't crush the kingdom."

#33 thedom21

thedom21

• Members
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:05 PM

I am excited for this to come out. I will be getting one for sure! I think the front attachment looks cool.
Funny Irc moments

22:32 hookerninja I would just switch to 2 full 69's
22:32 hookerninja that would diddle shit

11:44 Zorn Her butt is too tiny even for limp 6th grade penis?
11:44 Zorn ergo the dildo

#34 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 08:12 PM

That is one lucky kid. He gets to play with all the new toys before we do. I wonder if he mods too? Maybe he is a member here.

My identity has been revealed! Shit!

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#35 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 07:51 AM

My identity has been revealed! Shit!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Teehee.

#36 TOTtomdora

TOTtomdora

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:00 PM

I am excited for this to come out. I will be getting one for sure! I think the front attachment looks cool.

Don't you see? You've fallen for their trap! Like people before me have said, that's far worse than the mav. I'd buy it only if it wasn't crap. Highly unlikely, although if it has a good seal and working rotation, then i'll consider it. All in all, it's just Hasbro's trap to get little kids to buy it.

#37 Dead Nerf

Dead Nerf

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:21 PM

woo.... Hasbro has found another gun to re shell and call it something else.

#38 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Ive been a big fan of NERF since my childhood (ahh the memories of Seth Green doing Nerf commercials) and after a break I got back in during my undergrad studies in college (Im now going for a masters). Having seen all the different blasters come out from NERF I must say that I havent found anything to necessarily be disappointed in. Ive thoroughly enjoyed all of them (and enjoyed getting my friends into NERF as well...I could tell stories about NERF wars that were spawned everywhere I lived as an undergrad) and Im looking forward to these upcoming blasters (Alpha Trooper, Spectre, Barrel Break, 9.9.10/Stampede) and I certainly plan to make each of them a purchase to add to my growing blaster collection and hopefully one day be able to establish a NERF club where Im going for grad school.

#39 BritNerfMogul

BritNerfMogul

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:57 AM

Looks like it'll be out soon, as I've had an email about the Break Barrel...

Edited by BritNerfMogul, 08 June 2010 - 11:58 AM.

#40 bourbon

bourbon

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:33 PM

Christ, it's a Maverick with a stock and a faux barrel. Stop the presses!

It looks like I'll be clinging to my AT2Ks for a while longer. N-Strike has certainly overstayed its welcome. Been like 6 years now.

Edited by bourbon, 11 June 2010 - 11:33 PM.

#41 QUADSHOT

QUADSHOT

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:22 AM

I am actually very excited for this one. I'm thinkining titan.
You say i will be the laughing stock, well if making others laugh is not reason enough to try, ill be damned if there's any purpose worth pursueing.

Find your niche, and scratch it.

I dont care if I go crazy! 1,2,3,4,5,6, SWITCH!
crazy go I if care dont I! 6,5,4,3,2,1, SWITCH!

#42 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:44 PM

Christ, it's a Maverick with a stock and a faux barrel. Stop the presses!

It looks like I'll be clinging to my AT2Ks for a while longer. N-Strike has certainly overstayed its welcome. Been like 6 years now.

From the looks of it, they are just warming up! :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#43 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:31 AM

One good side to N-Strike's emphasis on 'tacticool' is that the blasters have a lot of hollow space in them, such as the LS and FF. Now, especially with their seeming slavish devotion to reverse-plungering everything, their blasters make great shells for other internals. :P
Fugly is a feature.

#44 magnesium22

magnesium22

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Jackpot! I found a vid with all three of the new guns!
awesome!
the alpha trooper isn't shown too well in the vid :(
(hopefully this works)

Edited by magnesium22, 12 July 2010 - 05:35 PM.

Nerfing in NC? PM me!

#45 sci-olyrocks

sci-olyrocks

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 08:54 AM

Kevinericon's video of the spectre is up on youtube.

Link
You can talk to me about anything you want as long as it involves emma stone

#46 NightCabbage

NightCabbage

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:29 AM

woo.... Hasbro has found another gun to re shell and call it something else.

So, can anyone tell me why someone might want to buy this gun?

It looks very "plasticy" in its box (from the photos I saw on the ebay one)... and I'm not quite sure if it has any good points?

Does the silencer actually work? From what I've read, it just "looks" like a silencer...

I feel that, with this one, Nerf are trying to appeal to both the popular Maverick and Recon markets, without inventing anything new (or ever different really).

#47 SK8R

SK8R

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

When will come into Ontario, October or later?

Edited by SK8R, 24 July 2010 - 11:39 AM.

KIRBY DANCE! <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( 0_0 )> (>0_0)> <( 0_0 )> <(0_0<) <( ^_^ )>

#48 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:09 PM

Does the silencer actually work? From what I've read, it just "looks" like a silencer...

Lol, what kind of a question is that? Of course it doesn't.

#49 Nerfoholic12

Nerfoholic12

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 12:09 PM

Lol, what kind of a question is that? Of course it doesn't.

Your right, what type of question is that?! Has any of the attachments worked like the scope for the Longshot, the flip site, their so called lasers/ lights, and what about that new sight they have its not a scope but sure looks pretty tacticool....

#50 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

Well, the very concept of how a silencer actually works should clue you in to the fact that this one does nothing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users