JSPB-The Mad Ghost

Teaching

31 replies to this topic

#26 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:32 PM

Does anybody know where to buy that style of check valve? My local ACE only has the flap style ones.

Large Menards stores (ones with very comprehensive plumbing sections) should have them.

Great work with the write-up 3DBBQ. I've been interested in your work for many years now, but the fabrication process has never been explained this well before.

#27 bennorco

bennorco

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

1.rifling
I have to post the last year, our people here use my ARB (rifling) for a long time, it can improve the light-weight dart, I have a launch weight of only 1g of the dart can fly 25 meters, and will not fishtail

So the ARB can help improve accuracy and make light darts shoot farther? That would cut down on people having to use heavily weighted darts.

Edited by bennorco, 05 August 2011 - 06:33 AM.

Buy this stuff^

#28 3DBBQ

3DBBQ

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

So the ARB can help improve accuracy and make light darts shoot farther? That would cut down on people having to use heavily weighted darts.

Yep! you can make one,to try it~

#29 noobpwner21

noobpwner21

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

the thing about the mad goast is dont get me wrong its a gr8 airgun but there is alot of dead space, u should try to eliminate it as much as possible in a newer model.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 18 June 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#30 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

the thing about the mad goast is dont get me wrong its a gr8 airgun but there is alot of dead space, u should try to eliminate it as much as possible in a newer model.

Enjoy your suspension.

But while I'm at it, I will point out that dead space is not nearly as detrimental in airguns as it is in springers, especially for relatively high-volume guns like the Mad Ghost. Certainly it is a worthwhile design goal to consider, but I wouldn't sacrifice elegant, easy construction methods currently employed just to eek out another 10 or 15 feet of ranges.

#31 flameshadow54

flameshadow54

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I saw this and knew I had to build one so I did. The problem I am having though is that when I pull the trigger all the air pressure is released meaning I have to re-pump the gun. I'm not quite sure what the problem is so any help would be appreciated.
FLAMESHADOW54

#32 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

I doubt 3DBBQ is going to check this any time soon so take some photos and post a new help topic. I know some other members have build a Mad Ghost so you'd get more visibility for your question there.

Don't necro kids, PM the OP instead.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users