331 replies to this topic

#26 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:32 PM

Pumping, Vibrating and Filtering

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This isn't really a modding material, but a digital camera is extremely useful for doing mod writeups and necessary for um...taking pictures.
SexD Warves

#27 holywarrior64

holywarrior64

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:21 PM

I don't know about you guys, but Drie's Do It center has alot of stuff. They sell 20' FBR for 3.99, as well as free PVC (In small segments). Apparently its rather useless. Unfourtunately they didn't have schedule 80.
Being caught off guard anytime anywere is for noobs!

"Talk is easy; action is difficult. But, action is easy; true understanding is difficult!"

#28 SpectreX

SpectreX

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:08 PM

Hey, this is my first post, but I've been reading your boards for a few weeks now. I just wanted to add for those of you that are looking for brass online, I recently bought brass from USA Hobby and thought they did a good job of low price and it arrived within a couple days of my order. This is good because they're located in Florida and I'm in upstate New York, so I was pleasantly surprised by the fast arrival. I hope this is helpful.

#29 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:12 PM

I found this site for PETG http://acetal-rod-sh.../petg-tubes.htm

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#30 FromAbove

FromAbove

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:27 AM

This is a pretty common link from Spudtech.com.

Mcmaster-Carr

They claim to carry about a half-million products and have everything you could possibly need for modding nerf blasters and making homemades.
Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope.

Do you mean with an integration or what? Because size doesn't have anything to do with performance...-NerfMonkey

#31 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 11:10 PM

PETG: Clueless

PETG (a copolyester) can be purchased from plastics shops and industrial supply.
Check your local phone book for plastics shops and try to find one that stock polyester. Unfortunately most cater to stores needing display cases and contractors that need windows and will therefore only carry acrylic or polycarbonate. But the larger more capable shops have a larger inventory. Most even sell their off-cuts for a few dollars per pound.

Teflon would obviously be a very effective barrel or chamber choice but is a bit more expensive since it's a dense plastic.

Another thing to note is that it's highly unlikely that you will be able to find plastic tubing that matches the inner diameter of PVC pipe (39/64 or .608") accurately but 5/8" (.625") is the closest and is a more commong measurement.

My first-choice online supplier for plastics is http://www.mcmaster.com and they have an ample supply of polyester. Which by the way is also one of the most cost effective plastics available and readily accepts common solvents such as IPS Weld-on 3.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 22 February 2006 - 11:11 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#32 Devil11

Devil11

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 02:26 PM

Insulating foam for stefans has been a problem for me. either way,other than that i've been good. oh yeah,and buy a dremel. you have every reason to.
"I swear to god if they had seen the way i had dressed at the world's fairgrounds today back in 1964,there'd be panic in the streets.

#33 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

McMaster

This is where you can get PETG and a whole lotta other stuff.

#34 nerfgunner

nerfgunner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

What does PETG stand for and why would you be able to buy it at a pet store?

#35 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:24 PM

PETG can be found at a pet store because it is sometimes used in the aeration systems in larger aquariums. Same thing with vinyl tubing. My local pet store sells vinyl tubing in sizes ranging from 1/8" I.D. all the way up to 1.5" I.D. That was the last time I went there, however...

I have yet to see PETG at any of my pet stores except a specialty exotic fish fish store which sold some in 1" I.D.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#36 nerfgunner

nerfgunner

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:39 PM

What section of the pet store would PETG be in? And does anyone have any links to a website that sells PETG?

#37 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

McMaster

This is where you can get PETG and a whole lotta other stuff.

He just said that.
SexD Warves

#38 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:50 PM

First off, FISH. AQUARIUMS. What else did I just say? Hmm...

Second, there are hundreds of retaielrs, which have already been posted. Have you tried McMaster-Carr?

Edit: NerfMonkey beat me by a seond or two...

Edited by GeneralPrimevil, 01 April 2006 - 07:51 PM.

"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#39 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

Where would you find Sch. 80 PVC? my local Menard's doesn't have it, and niether does the Home Depot.

#40 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 06:04 PM

Where would you find Sch. 80 PVC? my local Menard's doesn't have it, and niether does the Home Depot.

McMaster-Carr

Look for the link above

#41 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

McMaster-Carr no longer ships to individuals in Canada. At least, they wouldn't ship me 4 mm threaded rod, apparently due to problems with customs. Can any other Canadians verify this?
-Knowledge Is Power-

#42 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

Sch 80 PVC WILL be found at Home Depot (I gurantee it) but it won't be in with all the regular PVC. It's threaded and used to Split off from the main water line to Sprinklers, so take a look at the Sprinkler Aisle of your home depot, and I gurantee you'll find it (it's dark grey).

Edited by Falcon, 13 July 2006 - 10:43 AM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#43 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 12:06 PM

Thanks. I found some at a local hardware store that just popped up.

#44 spaceman

spaceman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:37 PM

Well, forgive me for resurrecting this thread (even though it's pinned), but I've searched both all over these threads and in the physical world for good replacement springs without really any luck.

The only break that I did find is to just take the spring out of a NF and use it in something else. Hopefully I'll be able to find another source so that I don't have to kill yet another gun.

So where do all of you get your springs from?

-spaceman

#45 cowboybibby

cowboybibby

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:51 PM

Can someone post where to find springs??

#46 meiser5

meiser5

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:48 PM

SEARCH

It has been talked about before,trust me.
As for springs you can get the at these fine local stores...

Ace Hardware

Menards

Meiser---- :)

Edited by meiser5, 21 August 2006 - 03:54 PM.

Account Suspension Notification

[DYE]Terminator[gen],
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended because I don't like you. Shindig doesn't like you either. You watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on 12 systems.
Talio---

#47 spaceman

spaceman

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

Thanks. Unfortunately there's only a Lowes in this town, but ordering isn't a problem.
And actually, I just picked up the last Nite Finder in all of Rolla, MO a few minutes ago. My plan is to use the spring in my LS and integrate the laser onto the extension where the second gun is. I'll post everything once it's done.

Oh, and as I said, I have been searching these forums...a lot, and couldn't find anything for some reason.
-spaceman

#48 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

Thanks. Unfortunately there's only a Lowes in this town, but ordering isn't a problem.
And actually, I just picked up the last Nite Finder in all of Rolla, MO a few minutes ago. My plan is to use the spring in my LS and integrate the laser onto the extension where the second gun is. I'll post everything once it's done.

Oh, and as I said, I have been searching these forums...a lot, and couldn't find anything for some reason.
-spaceman

You want to use a stock NF spring in your Longshot?? I wouldn't recommend it. Not only is it much shorter, but it is also not strong enough to make that big of a difference. When you add a shorter spring, it slides around in the pressure chamber, which makes a lot of noise every time you move.

I'm just warning you about the results you'll get from doing that.

#49 darkstarfire

darkstarfire

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:42 PM

Does anyone have a specific replacement, other than old nerf guns that I probably can’t get, for a longshot spring or where to get one? I have ordered the only long enough spring from ACE and it was extremely way too industrial strength. I also have looked at Home Depot and Menards to no avail. If anyone has a better place, model number, website, or any recommendations it would greatly be appreciated. Please don’t just recommend a website without what one on the site works.

#50 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:19 AM

Century Springs.com
This should help. I think Anima suggested it.

It's not really a material used for modding, but for homemades. Where can I get blow gun triggers, the ones used in modded sprinkler valves? Also, where can I get PETG or some other lightweight, translucent plastic tubing with a 17/32 and 19/32 ID? Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited by Shadow 92, 27 September 2006 - 11:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users