Kinda want some info on Canadian Wars

11 replies to this topic

#1 xMyStEr

xMyStEr

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

Hey guys.

The forums don't have new wars in Canada. And they seem to be scarce on the general web.

So has anyone got up-to-date info on an Ontario war?

Also, I'm considering going to Apoc. If I pay in for gas, anybody give me a ride in my area?

#2 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Forsaken Angel and his crew retired from hosting after the last Hell had about 8-10 of us show up. Basically the vets have retired and not enough young guns have stepped up to fill the void. Some of us have tried hosting wars, but being outside of the GTA has led to less than desired turnouts.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#3 charlie156

charlie156

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:28 PM

Forsaken Angel and his crew retired from hosting after the last Hell had about 8-10 of us show up. Basically the vets have retired and not enough young guns have stepped up to fill the void. Some of us have tried hosting wars, but being outside of the GTA has led to less than desired turnouts.

^^^ Exactly that. Canadian nerfers are to spread out, and unless people want to drive 2-3 maybe 4 hours around, its hard to really get a war going. me and MIG tried to host a war last summer, but the turn out wasn't very large, and people who said they would show didn't. since then, I've talked with a few nerfers from the US, saying if we could get a semi good turnup, they would have a really high possibility of showing up. but until MIG is no longer busy, and school is done for me, that wont be happening. Nerfing in Canada, just isnt as big as the US, brits, and Aus

#4 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hey Like what cheyner said, lot of the guys grew out of the hobby or moved away from the scene
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#5 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

I've talked with a few nerfers from the US, saying if we could get a semi good turnup, they would have a really high possibility of showing up

That would be interesting. School's out soon. I have reliable transportation for myself and 1-3 others provided a couple weeks notice. I haven't been lurking but I've been a PM away, I suspect I'm not alone. I can get darts and blasters for anybody without equipment, or who wants to give Nerfing a try. If anything happens, I'm there.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

I don't understand why 8-10 is so disappointing. Yeah, if you spent a couple hundred bucks on site rental and plastic skeletons, maybe. But in most places 8-10 people is a solid turn out. You should find a decent park that you won't get kicked out of and go for it.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#7 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

I don't understand why 8-10 is so disappointing. Yeah, if you spent a couple hundred bucks on site rental and plastic skeletons, maybe. But in most places 8-10 people is a solid turn out. You should find a decent park that you won't get kicked out of and go for it.

It's all about expectations. Like you saw the year before, HBH was a massive war. When you put the same effort forward to make the next war even better, and 11 people show up it's disappointing. If APOC randomly had 20 people one year it would be upsetting if you're expecting something else. The wallet sting probably sucked a bit, Angel didn't look happy having to make us pay more or eat the bill himself. I enjoyed HBH with 11 people, but Pearson described it like watching your baby die in a fire.

I like the notion of finding a couple decent parks close by, and hoping we don't get booted from both. Park permits are pretty cheap in my city, but most suitable parks become flooded with kids at noon. This park was where I had a war with a couple of my friends. It's far enough from the street that you can't hit cars, but it's very popular on weekends. It's a short drive from a bike trail with a series of parks along it. If I got a permit and nobody called the police we could have a grand old time. Permits here are ~$50, if the city will let me I'll eat the cost.

#8 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

If anyone one wants to have a war or is having a war let me know. I have posted twice to try and get a war going with no luck. I live in mississauga and I know of at least 4 places that would work. they are not busy at all. Most of the time there is no one there. Also there is a airsoft place that is willing to have us come and a place that does dart tag wars for kids said if we get enough people they will let us have the place for a wile. also I have contacted the schools in my area that I used to go to and they said it was ok as long as nothing is broken and we do not leave a mess. My old high school has a football field 2 parking lots, a small area with trees and bushes as well as alot of portables. That would be a grate place to play. There is a park right behind it also. We wont get kicked out, I have played airsoft there before and no one said anything. Yes I am aware that was dumb unsafe and irresponsible. I, like most was young and stupid at one point. There are also 4 other schools within a 15 minute drive of my old high school that would be pretty good to play at as well. If anyone wants to know where they are I can post all the locations. The last place I had in mind is a huge field that is off of the highway. It is far enough away to not be able to hit cars. I play airsoft there sometimes and police have only come twice and both times they where just there to make sure we were being careful had eye ware on and were watching out for others. I am more then wiling to pick anyone up if they need a ride or if the war is some where else car pooling in my car is fine too.

Edited by skullface44, 22 September 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#9 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:07 PM

If anyone one wants to have a war or is having a war let me know. I have posted twice to try and get a war going with no luck. I live in mississauga and I know of at least 4 places that would work. they are not busy at all. Most of the time there is no one there. Also there is a airsoft place that is willing to have us come and a place that does dart tag wars for kids said if we get enough people they will let us have the place for a wile. also I have contacted the schools in my area that I used to go to and they said it was ok as long as nothing is broken and we do not leave a mess. My old high school has a football field 2 parking lots, a small area with trees and bushes as well as alot of portables. That would be a grate place to play. There is a park right behind it also. We wont get kicked out, I have played airsoft there before and no one said anything. Yes I am aware that was dumb unsafe and irresponsible. I, like most was young and stupid at one point. There are also 4 other schools within a 15 minute drive of my old high school that would be pretty good to play at as well. If anyone wants to know where they are I can post all the locations. The last place I had in mind is a huge field that is off of the highway. It is far enough away to not be able to hit cars. I play airsoft there sometimes and police have only come twice and both times they where just there to make sure we were being careful had eye ware on and were watching out for others. I am more then wiling to pick anyone up if they need a ride or if the war is some where else car pooling in my car is fine too.

I would want to get a war going with you because I live only 20 mins away from Missisauga (I'm in Oakville) but on one condition: there are no age minimums because I'm quite young.

#10 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

I would want to get a war going with you because I live only 20 mins away from Missisauga (I'm in Oakville) but on one condition: there are no age minimums because I'm quite young.

grate! like I said I have more then enough blasters to go around and enough foam for everyone as well. just get your parent or guardian to drop you off and sine a waver to relieve everyone involved any legal responsibly if you get hurt. Don't let that scare you away, you will most likely not get hurt, it is just for worst case scenario situations, i don't feel like getting sued by someones emotional parents. If I ever get enough people to have a war everyone will sine one, so don't feel singed out because you are younger. I have been trying to get a war going for this month but finding a indoor space has been very difficult so we might have to wait until the weather is nice. I will be posting all the information about the war in april soon so people will have a chance to get ready.

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:49 AM

grate!....and sine a waver to relieve everyone involved any legal responsibly if you get hurt...everyone will sine one, so don't feel singed out because you are younger.

Maybe get someone else to proofread it.

I've been advised that having people sign a waiver isn't really helpful, and in a court case it would do more to implicate me as being responsible than anything else, at least with the sort of informal events we post about here.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#12 CS- Tiff

CS- Tiff

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Maybe we should ban things that are too OP like singled titans and such. We should probably have an fps cap of 150 or something. I'm not one of those people that use insanely powerful blasters. The hardest shooting gun that I have is either my 180'd demolisher or my centurion plunger tube (My centurion broke but I am able to shoot stuff out of the plunger tube) but the plunger tube broke too. Either way, I'm hoping people won't bring blasters that are too powerful. As for the war, I think making it in april is perfect.

Edited by CS- Tiff, 17 December 2014 - 09:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users