Foam In The Fort - June 19th

Fort Wayne, IN (location added)

31 replies to this topic

#26 LiterSize

LiterSize

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:46 PM

Alas, I got a writing gig and must attend elsewhere on Saturday. Sorry man! Another time.

#27 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 02:40 AM

Poor-timing with this being a week from Spano, and two weeks before Made In America. So I won't be able to come because I can't afford the time off work. Next time, hopefully.

#28 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 07:58 AM

It's all good. I'll probably be trying to schedule another one in late July or early August if possible.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#29 angel of nerf

angel of nerf

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:16 AM

I'm not going to be able to make it family is coming over this Saturday. :angry:

#30 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:06 AM

Well, hopefully you can have some fun with your company at least... :P

Tomorrow is the big day - I hope we get a lot of people, but if not it should still be fun!
Foam in the Fort IV

#31 Demon Lord

Demon Lord

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

I want to be the first to say I'm sorry for missing this war, but DeKalb had a minor monsoon come through it as part of a series of storms that tore across the DeKalb county area and did a decent click of damage throughout the city and campus.
That was the biggest reason, there were a few other reasons that popped up as well, but I do want to say that next war its gonna take hell to stop me from coming.
QUOTE(VACC @ Mar 7 2011, 09:03 AM) View Post

Don't worry so much about what other people will allow. Throw your own wars and kick your friends' asses until they all want one.

#32 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

No poblem Demon Lord - I was blaming myself for you not showing up since I stupidly didn't check my PM's the night before. :)

RECAP TIME!!!

We had a great war, though the attendance wasn't quite as high as I was hoping for (I think the weather scared some folks away - understandable if you had a 2-4 hour drive - but it was clear and sunny all day!). We still had a decent turn-out, and it was still lots of fun!

Hilights:
- hosting my first NIC war
- meeting DarkMatter and Dragonsnipe (and his boys)
- hanging out (and acting like a kid) with my best friend and my brother-in-law
- enjoying another awesome Nerf war
- the melee-only CTF round - it was different but awesome
- finding and playing at an awesome Nerf field - this place is perfect for a war!
- DarkMatter's dad sticking around to take these awesome pics and act as our timekeeper for the war.
- DarkMatter's dad taking up a blaster and joining us for the last round (sieze the balls)!

Lowlights:
- low attendance (due, I think, to the rough weather that tore through the area the previous night)
- cutting the day short (we ended at 1:00 because everyone but my guests and I had to leave)
- some of my guests chickening out on me at the last minute... :lol:

Here are a few shots of the action (the rest can be found in my Photobucket):

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Foam in the Fort IV

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users