Buzz Bee New Guns!

second pic looks sweet

33 replies to this topic

#26 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 01:57 PM

If you look frame by frame at the part in the video where it shows straight down the muzzle, you see two spinning wheels. I would assume the rediculously large and unwieldy trigger pushes a rod out the dart barrel, and into the wheels.

#27 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:21 PM

Of course the ripoffs are going to look cheap or cartoonish; they're based off of well designed nerf brand guns, but can't look too similar due to lawsuits. Speaking of what their designs are based on, look familiar?

user posted image

Buzz bee really doesn't look to have original content comming out at the moment, and the cheap plastic really detracts from their guns, at least to me. Why would I buy the knockoff when I can get the real maveric for only a few bucks anyway? I'll wait to judge the other two new ones just yet, but my expectations are low.

Actually, the Tommy 20 is extremely different from the gattlin storm. The only similarity is the rotating barrels. Apart from that, they have different firing styles (manual vs. trigger) and methods of propulsion.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#28 munson20

munson20

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:01 PM

Where can you get these guns? Online or what? I have searched every where but can't find anyhting.
In war, one death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic...

I know not what WWIII wil be fought with; however, WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones...

#29 Nerferguy

Nerferguy

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

BuzzBee is Nerf's main competition. the only thing BuzzBee has on Nerf is the Shell system. if Nerf makes a new LS type gun with working shells, Nerf wins. also the shells really helps with the realism and their 19th century gun designs are really cool. after the Tommy 20 series came along it got boring.
....anyone up for a Nerf Stock Underbarrell GL?

#30 eliman

eliman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

The pictures aren't working for me.
''you can walk it's ment for peopel'' -my dad

#31 eliman

eliman

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:20 PM

sorry double post

Edited by eliman, 11 January 2010 - 04:21 PM.

''you can walk it's ment for peopel'' -my dad

#32 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Fail.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#33 kunkmiester

kunkmiester

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:50 PM

Don't get the yellow Tommy, it's semi; the full auto one(green) is about the same price. so you might as well get your money's worth.

I found mine had plenty of range(probably at least 20 feet, especially with over shooting), as well as the smaller 12 shot semi one. It does use wheels, I can take it apart again if you want pics. I'm new enough to this stuff I can't argue quality. Nerf does seem a bit better built. Also, the muzzle is basically just a hole big enough to not jam. The darts come straight out of the wheels, which means you have more of a shotgun style thing going on.

For the manuals, you have to pull the trigger all the way back, and let it all the way forward. A rod pushes the dart into the wheels, and if it doesn't go far enough it jams. The FA one lacks some in the firing rate department.

I have plans to mod the smaller 12 shot into a Schlock Mercenary plasma cannon. Mostly because I'll be able to actually shoot, and other arrangements make it reasonable. The motors also provide a reasonable "ominous hum" per the comic.

I've yet to try the shell guns, sounds like I shouldn't get my hopes up too high. The big thing I was looking at with them was practice--They're in many ways similar to real guns, up to and including the need to police your "brass." Might be good for some gun handling practice for someone not yet ready for a real one. Really, the brass isn't as much of an advantage because it leaves the tip of the dart exposed and vulnerable. If Nerf developed a variant of the tubes used in the Vulcan, it'd be far better. Their clip system probably provides most of the advantages a shell would provide though, without as much hassle.

Sorry, first post and I'm running train of thought. It seemed relevant, hope it's not necromancy yet.

#34 AgentMoe64

AgentMoe64

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Would it even be possible to mod that blow dart tube thing? I wonder what compressed air would do.....
"- 99% of teens would cry if they saw Justin Beiber standing on top of a sky scraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 1% who would sit there eating pop corn screaming "DO A FLIP YOU FAGGOT!" Post this as your sig."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users