Photo

NSFWar

Wisconsin, December 20th

15 replies to this topic

Poll: What would make people want to nerf in winter

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What amo would you preffer we use?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:01 PM

I have added a poll to see what people want this winter.

Not Safe Fite in Wisconsin

Date: December 20th 2014 10:30 AM

Winter is approaching, and with that comes jackets and all other heavy and protective clothing. For this reason, there is no reason to keep using safe darts as any accident that could potentially happen is alleviated by these necessary safety measures. If it protects against cold, it likely protects against darts. For this war exclusively, we will be allowing all dart types and blasters, basically a clone of REKT in Georgia.

Regulations and Rules:
No Death darts. Just about any other glue domes and slugs are allowed. Our metal free amo is certainly still allowed as well. I will be supplying SOME darts, but for this war (first time in around a year) I am asking that at least someone else brings some darts, as I never really made large amounts of metal darts. If you have an excess of darts with metal you haven't been able to use in forever, sharing would be appreciated.

Protection: I would strongly recommend a mask and cup, but wont force it. On the other hand, EYE PROTECTION is required. Don't take it off ever, unless you are well out of range of the fights.

Blasters: with the exception of homemade air guns, and Drain blasters, it is free game. Singled 4B's, and Titans are all cool for this. Also bring some not OP blasters, in case we decide to do some more average rounds with normal homemades and such.

Use some common sense. Don't try to make this 100% milsim. It is still just for fun, even if the ranges are higher than usual. I will be making everyone sign a waiver. If you do not sign it, you are not allowed on field. Kids will need a parent's signature. This is NOT a joke.

Gametypes of many types including CTF, Carpe, Deathmatch, and anything else you would like to bring up.

Questions Comments and Concerns, drop them down in a reply.

Edited by orangeparkour, 19 December 2014 - 07:41 PM.

I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

#2 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

If I change this to a metal free war will people come? Is the problem the date? The Rules? The weather?

#3 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 07:30 PM

It's a 3 hour drive for me on Thanksgiving weekend and no one else is going yet.

Gonna be hard to convince either the MN or IL guys to come either to the NE corner of Wisconsin.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#4 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 10:06 AM

I'll be heading back to the East Coast for Thanksgiving, so unfortunately I'll be out. Next one though!

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#5 Thatguyoverthere

Thatguyoverthere

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:02 PM

Sounds like it would be fun, but the date it problematic, if it were a weekend later then maybe it would be easier for everyone. Just a thought though.

#6 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

This war must happen, but not on this date. I would love suggestions on a new date, really anytime in the next few months is good. I mean, its not like it is going to get any colder right?

I personally have zero plans for december-january except small side projects. I'm really really open to date suggestions and input on if anyone else thinks the idea of trying metal out would be fun.

Edited by orangeparkour, 18 November 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#7 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

I have added a poll because I am confused as to why the people who normally show interest and show up aren't saying anything. Our wars had on average 10 people this summer, so why all of the sudden no interest?

#8 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

I have added a poll because I am confused as to why the people who normally show interest and show up aren't saying anything. Our wars had on average 10 people this summer, so why all of the sudden no interest?

Probably because nerfing in the cold is quite possibly one of the worst things ever.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#9 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

Probably because nerfing in the cold is quite possibly one of the worst things ever.

Don't you meant the best thing ever?

#10 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

Don't you meant the best thing ever?

Exactly, my first nerf war was a winter one and I remember it being awesome, as well as my 4th or something hosted by ultranewt. Nerfing in the snow can be awesome.

Also note that when the poll offers darts with metal, that is ONLY reffering to these winter wars, and likely won't be carried over to spring, summer, and fall ones.

Edited by orangeparkour, 03 December 2014 - 08:25 PM.

#11 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:51 PM

I'm not sure which category Slugs fall into. But yeah man. Pick a weekend over the next month or so and I can totes commit. Haven't nerfed in a few months, and I'm itching to get out and play.

-Groove out.

#12 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

Is December 20th too close to Christmas for people?

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

I can probably swing it.

I can def make it if Ryan's hotness pullbacks are done in time.

-Groove out.

#14 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

This is definitely happening saturday. I have 6 people confirmed coming through facebook. I would love to see some more peoples show up.

#15 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:32 PM

Setting up for the war Tomorrow. If you live in the Midwest you really don't have an excuse to not show up. I mean I am
A. Providing the darts
B. Have plenty of loaners
C. Have a working toilet
D. Food and water
E. My workshop has all tools needed to repair and work on blasters either mid war or after if need be.
F. The only thing I need is peeps to show up.
So please, If you're free tomorrow, the more people that show up the more Effeminate this will become.

Check this out
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#16 P-Bizzle

P-Bizzle

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 11:48 PM

Hope the war was sick! Keep me posted on future wars. We have quite a posse in Cedar Rapids that would like to come up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users