#1 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Edit: Post-poned to a later date. Aka Hell Waayyy After Halloween

Intro:

Last year I hosted Hell After Halloween (with tons of help from Dom) in Pittsburgh. The goal was to continue the spirit of Hell Before Halloween after the Canadian nerf scene died. It was a quality outing and birthed the infamous Ultimate Core Penetration game-type in classic Pittsburgh style.

Date:

TBD

Armstrong Park, Pittsburgh, PA 15234

Ruleset:

The Pittsburgh nerf scene changes a man. Dome darts of all sizes excluding 1/4" slingshot weights are allowed, along with #6/8 Slugs and stock darts.

Edited by Xellah, 07 November 2014 - 08:55 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#2 BuffNerd

BuffNerd

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'm in for HAH. I'll defiantly be able to make if it's in Pitt. But if we have it in ohio, then it will take a little more to convince my parents for another road trip for nerf. I'll do my best to make it no matter the location and hope to see you on the 7th.
"God dammit Jax..."-Missile Defense Apoc 2014

Pittsburgh General Rules of Engagement:
1.) Fuck Running

#3 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 05:48 PM

Pittsburgh style.

Does that mean the suck at it or that they just Steel it...lol get it Steelers JK Dom
Ok, since I've gotten the Cincy/Pitt animosity out of the way, if it's held in Columbus I may be able to make it and perhaps bring a few Nerfers so the Pitt crew can see how it's done, he he he(Maybe I didn't get all the shots out earlier) So if it's Columbus It would likely be Me and Overkill plus 1 or 2 more.

P.S. As for the jibes at the Pittsburgh guys,it's all in fun the truth is, if it doesn't involve Nerf blasters or have wheels on it, I'm not really interested.
Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally can't make it if it is on November 9th, and it would be much easier for me if it were in P-burgh. Keep in mind that if you have it on the 1st people will be travelling on Halloween, but I personally don't mind. The main thing for me is that the details get squared away sooner rather than later so I can make travel arrangements.

Edit: I've now got some kind of obligation on every one of those dates. So I guess pick whatever and I'll do my best.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally can't make it if it is on November 9th, and it would be much easier for me if it were in P-burgh. Keep in mind that if you have it on the 1st people will be travelling on Halloween, but I personally don't mind. The main thing for me is that the details get squared away sooner rather than later so I can make travel arrangements.

Having it on the 1st of November in Pittsburgh might be a good idea. I'll give it a few days to see what everyone has to say and then figure out the time and date. I'm good for either location but if it were hosted in Columbus I could provide lodging for anyone traveling. If it's in Pitt I'm sure that Chris and I could carpool with Cinci nerfers if necessary (or Grz).
Ultimator Duel

#6 PBZ

PBZ

Cap'n Whitebeard

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

Nov 1 or 8 works for me, but Pitt would work better for me. I can probably get both VVX2 (Sam, not on NH yet) and Joe to come with, both of whom were at APOC this year. Lots of new toys to bring too.
"There's nothing quite like hunting children." -VACC

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Having it on the 1st of November in Pittsburgh might be a good idea. I'll give it a few days to see what everyone has to say and then figure out the time and date. I'm good for either location but if it were hosted in Columbus I could provide lodging for anyone traveling. If it's in Pitt I'm sure that Chris and I could carpool with Cinci nerfers if necessary (or Grz).

In the last 24 hours I've received word of other obligations that I have on the other two weekends, so basically ignore everything I said. I'll do my best to blow off whatever I have going on the weekend of the actual war, but at this point I'm a maybe. Sorry to jerk you around.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Lord Draconical

Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

Wasn't this fa24's annual war? Does anybody know what happened to him? Also, how many nerfers do you typically draw at this war (IE, is it worth carpooling to?)

// V''''V

#9 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Wasn't this fa24's annual war? Does anybody know what happened to him? Also, how many nerfers do you typically draw at this war (IE, is it worth carpooling to?)

The goal was to continue the spirit of Hell Before Halloween after the Canadian nerf scene died. It was a quality outing and birthed the infamous Ultimate Core Penetration game-type in classic Pittsburgh style.

FA and his group aren't really active anymore. Some number of people more than 10 and less than 100 are coming, many of them from farther than an hour. It's worth driving to if you're not an awful person who wouldn't know a good nerf war if it bit him in the ass.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#10 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:34 PM

... if you're not an awful person who wouldn't know a good nerf war if it bit him in the ass.

Welp I guess I'm not going.

But regretfully I'll be in Taiwan stuffing my face with bubble tea and stinky tofu. I hope to make it out to one of these before its too late for me.

#11 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

I would go but everyone has moved away from New Jersey. I have no one to carpool with.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#12 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

... many of them from farther than an hour.

Hell, I live "in Pittsburgh" and have driven 45 to 75 min to and from every local war.

In case anyone doesn't know, I tore a ligament in my left ankle. I may not need surgery, but I won't be able to Nerf the rest of the season. If it's in Pittsburgh I might show up for a little while then attend an after party, but that's about it.

Edited by jwasko, 26 August 2014 - 11:50 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#13 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:31 PM

I would go but everyone has moved away from New Jersey. I have no one to carpool with.

I'm sure Koree would go with you.

#14 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

If its the first, just know that Halloween is my jam, and I may pull a Jarret. I can travel either weekend other than the first, though later would work better.

I can work on providing lodging if it's in Pitt, as usual.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

#15 Xellah

Xellah

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

The OP is updated with the set time/date. Pittsburgh on November 8th seems to be the best combo of location and travel. I'll add more stuff to the OP in the near future.

RSVPs are appreciated in order to keep an accurate attendance list.

Edited by Xellah, 06 September 2014 - 01:26 PM.

Ultimator Duel

#16 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

I'm down to clown.

Last of the Sex Dwarves, Head of Waifu Relations, Fetishizer of Blasters, The Far Warring, Mini-Van Driver, Possessor of Mattels, and Warden of the Manongahela

#17 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:26 PM

I'm a definite as long as nothing comes up between now and then.
SexD Warves

#18 TheSilentRebel

TheSilentRebel

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Count me in! I've been waiting for a dome dart war...
We are men of action, lies do not become us.

#19 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

Everyone should note, this war is strictly No Running. The ruleset should be updated soon to reflect this.

#20 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 02:54 PM

If anyone from ontario is thinking of going inbox me, I'm thinking about doing a road trip. would be nice to get a war in before winter comes. Since the ontario nerf sean seams to have died this might be the one to go to.

Edited by skullface44, 27 September 2014 - 07:32 AM.

#21 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

Since the ontario nerd sean seams to have died this might be the one to go to.

My condolences to Sean's family and friends. You'll all be in my thoughts.
SexD Warves

#22 sublimedom777

sublimedom777

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

I was contacted by a member of the NMW Facebook page about attending a Pittsburgh war. Would you be so kind as to add Kensie M. to the maybe list.

#23 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'm really sorry guys, it looks like there isn't any room in the LGLF travel budget for this one. If I were still in Jersey I would just hop in my car and go, but I'm several hours farther out and I can't take the time off. Drink some drinks and make some terrible decisions for me.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#24 C-A 99

C-A 99

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Put me down as a maybe. I'm trying to get some OH nerfers to go as well.

Questions:
- Will we be playing amongst trees, open field, or both?
- Will there be mobstacles? Can we bring our own?
- What are the blaster air tank size/muzzle velocity restrictions?

#25 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

1. A combination. We aren't in the middle of the woods, so there's open space between trees. Also we usually play some objective rounds in a more open field as well.
2. We don't bother to bring them any more; I'll leave it up to someone else whether or not they want you to bring them.
3. We're pretty flexible, but if it shoots anywhere near a singled titan then it's a no. SM5ks might be ok. If you think your blaster might be regarded as unsafe, bring a backup.

Edited by jwasko, 20 October 2014 - 11:13 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users