Photo

Wrist Gun

8 replies to this topic

#1 Seafood111

Seafood111

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

I wanted to make a Nerf gun that fit under the wrist that was actually effective. I will probably start tomorrow and post some pictures then but if you have any ideas feel free to post. It needs to be concealable and can shoot a fair distance (Comparable to a maverick at least). I was planning to use the internals of a Nerf Nitefinder but I'm going to look for any spare guns that I don't use for it.

Thanks for your time. Seafood.

#2 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

A small air tank might be the way to go. A panther gets fantastic ranges and the whole system is compact and would be easy to mount. They're pretty cheap, and there's tons of users who have the older large tank panthers they will sell.

#3 Seafood111

Seafood111

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:54 AM

The Buzz Bee Panther? I see what you mean but I was thinking along the lines of a quick reload and go type of thing, which is where the Nitefinder comes in handy. I will keep this in consideration though.Some smart guy made a flywheel on his wrist,http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22076. I'm going to have to put multiple questions on this post because of the 'lovely' post limit I have. Should I spend the time to a brace for it or just use an old belt? Thanks for replying so quick as well.

#4 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 05:06 AM

Even with a short frontloading barrel it'll shoot better than a maverick. I think it's just as easy to pump it up than pull back a nitefinder (I'm assuming a spring addition/replacement). It's also super easy to coupler too, so a speedloader is an option.

A brace would be much more comfortable, and offer more support and a better hold on it. It would likely make either priming or pumping it much easier too. The strap(s) would probably pull out of place when doing either unless it was very tight. If only using straps i'd attach it to a glove so when its starting to be forced backwards your hand wont allow it to move.

Edited by Azrael0987, 09 April 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#5 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

The spiderman and venom wrist blasters would probably do the trick.

#6 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:25 PM

The spiderman and venom wrist blasters would probably do the trick.

Posted Image

This is mine a few years back. It had a spring and barrel replacement and shot just as well as a modded nitefinder. I will say that in a running/jumping/holding another blaster type of situation, it was nearly impossible to aim.

Edit: Maybe people don't know how this blaster works. You pull the red piece that my fingertips are touching out until it catches. The plunger rod slides back into the blaster into it's starting position. To fire the blaster, you press inwards on the same red piece.

Edited by Phree Agent, 09 April 2014 - 02:27 PM.

#7 jktrolldaddy

jktrolldaddy

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:07 PM

Just an idea... What about minimizing a Firestrike, and tying a string to the catch on both sides and wrapping it around to your hand to be able to fire it rather than having a trigger. Ill make a write up for it as soon as i get polycarb
[size="7"][/size]KEEP CALM AND BAMF ON

#8 Seafood111

Seafood111

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:58 PM

"Just an idea... What about minimizing a Firestrike, and tying a string to the catch on both sides and wrapping it around to your hand to be able to fire it rather than having a trigger. Ill make a write up for it as soon as i get polycarb"-jktrolldaddy

This was my original idea. Also do any of you know how long this post limit lasts for?

EDIT: Never mind.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Langley, 11 April 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#9 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:30 AM

This was my original idea.

So go do it. This is an idea thread. Read the New Members Guide.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users