Photo

Speedload 6 Dart Feeding Problem

6 replies to this topic

#1 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:49 AM

So I bought a used Speedload with a broken bolt sled and I fixed it up with some epoxy, and upgraded to a LS spring, and I noticed that it was jamming quite a bit due to a feeding problem. It seems that the problem is the dart pusher and space for feeding the dart. Sometimes the dart pusher doesn't even push the dart to the dart tooth and so it gets jammed midway between the clip and the breech. Other times, the back end goes into the breech, but the front half bends and stays in the clip. Another problem is that if I gently try to prime the blaster, it gets stuck and is unable to be primed so I kind of have to use some force every time I prime. I also find that the spring (unsure of the terminology) for the clip is also fairly weak. Does anyone else have these problems and know a solution? Also, is there any upgrade spring for the clip? I'm currently trying to get a picture of the jams right now, but it seems to be working normally right when I started typing out this thread...pictures will be up as soon as it jams again.

*Note I used new streamlines, taggers, and whistlers and they all jammed. Is this thing able to fire all darts or will I experience more jams with certain ones?
Here are the pics...

Streamline, front pushed into breech, back not
Posted Image
Posted Image

Streamline, back pushed in, front not. Didn't feed and got bent
Posted Image

Tagger, same problem as above
Posted Image

Edited by owmyquach, 21 August 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:53 AM

If your using force to prime it you might have put the internals back in wrong. Take it apart and return the spring to the stock one. Then carefully reset all the interals. Try that first and see what you get.

Also pics go a long way to finding a solution so the sooner you get the up for us the better.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 owmyquach

owmyquach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:15 AM

If your using force to prime it you might have put the internals back in wrong. Take it apart and return the spring to the stock one. Then carefully reset all the interals. Try that first and see what you get.

Also pics go a long way to finding a solution so the sooner you get the up for us the better.

The forceful priming still occurred when I tried it with the original spring. I rechecked the internals too and they seemed fine. Pics are up.

#4 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:01 AM

With the new pics it seems like the darts aren't being pushed all the way into th breech by the dart pusher. I'm not sure of a fix for that so maybe someone else could jump in here. Have you tried the clip full of darts and then with only one? Maybe it could have something to do with it.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#5 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

That has happened to me with a Speedload 6, and it is bone stock... I think it is just the nature of the the design. Unless it feeds perfect your going to get that problem.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#6 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

*Missed a setence. Nevermind*

Edited by Spud Spudoni, 21 August 2012 - 06:02 PM.

industrial designer

#7 Seprest

Seprest

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

This may not be the most helpful thing I've posted, but I want you to know that this blaster extremely finicky. I've modded one before and it was by far one of the worst experiences with a blaster I've had. Must've shredded 10 darts in half trying to get this to work. It is usually the timing of the feeding mechanism that causes this, as it uses some odd pusher on a rather delicate piece attached to the priming handle. If a piece of this has been bent or is not put back together exactly right then you will get a mechanism that seems to work until you start loading it with darts - then you get them half loaded and often shredded, as it lacks the strength to push the whole dart in. As most nerf blasters don't share this mechanism and I don't care to pretend there is official terminology for the pieces, just makes sure that the piece that chambers the dart is fitted correctly to the part that allows it to swing in and move the darts. After putting the thing together for the 3rd time I gave up and decided the feeding mechanism was simply not made to be tampered with after assembled once - it is very delicate.

My suggestion: Accept that the design is flawed, don't attempt to mod this blaster anymore. Even after AR removal and optimization, this blaster never hit over 45ft with taggers, all while being incredibly unreliable. I never fired it much previous to the mod, but other posters seem to indicate that the blaster was often not even reliable before opening it up. If you want to give it one more go, take off the clip casing and CAREFULLY study how the dart pushing assembly works. You may have inserted it wrong, however, as I was quite thorough and only get the same results you did, it is likely that there may now be no way you can get this blaster to go through a whole clip without a hitch.

EDIT: Clarification, the pictures dep.ict exactly what was happening to me, the darts would get shredded when the breach is closed. Often you cannot even close the breach because the head of the dart would become lodged outside of the breach.

Edited by Seprest, 21 August 2012 - 07:01 PM.

4 - HvZ Games Played

22- Mods completed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users