Photo

RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER: War at 'The Grid Code' Indoor Ner

Date TBA

44 replies to this topic

Poll: RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER: War at 'The Grid Code' Indoor Ner (8 member(s) have cast votes)

RSVP

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

New Thread is here.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:40 PM

The Grid Code is a unique indoor location that hosts nerf and airsoft events. This is a private event just for members of NerfHaven and one of the only times when the venue will allow modified nerf blasters. Mark this one on your calendar, as we may not have another until 2014. Photos of the arena at the end of this post.

Langley's Cell:(732) 903-5453 (That's 732-903-LGLF)

Date: RESCHEDULED. New date to be announced. Saturday February 9th, 2013 Starting PROMPTLY at 8:45AM and running until 2PM. If you absolutely can't make it by 9, let me know ahead of time so I know when I can expect you.
Cost: $25 at the door or $20.05 if you pay a nonrefundable $5.05 deposit before February 2nd. If you're putting down a deposit ahead of time, you can pay the remaining $15 at the door or pay the whole balance via Paypal.
Lunch: We won't be having one. The war is only from 9 to 2. I'm going to eat before and after. If you bring something to eat, make it something you can snack on during downtime between rounds, or be prepared to sit out a round.
Waiver: everyone will need to fill out this waiver. If you are under 18, you have to have a parent/guardian sign it, so print it out now and come prepared, or you won't be allowed to play.

I am collecting $5.05 deposits via paypal. If I haven't received deposits from at least 10 people by the end of December, I may have to cancel this event. As of 2/4/13 I have received payments from the following people:
andtheherois
muttonchops
Phree Agent
LT. DAN ICE CREAM!!!
clownieX
Duxburian
TED
Doom
bpso
bhajj94 +1
SlightlySane813
Split

I am still waiting on deposits from the following:
numa-t49
VACC
Greydon
mangonerf
Redshot
Biwinningpanda
Modsfornerf

If you have any trouble finding the place, or otherwise need to contact me, you can call 732-903-5453 (732-903-LGLF)

Rules:
Bring eye protection. Eye protection will be mandatory for everyone. This does not mean eyeglasses.
Rules will be standard Mag7/Apoc rules, with an additional range restriction (Facility Rules).
*Slugs Only (Stock darts and silicon tipped darts made by Kane/U3 are okay)
*No homemade airguns, Titans, Jobars, 5ks, etc. Use your head.
*Any airguns originally designed to shoot something bigger than a dart (arrows/missiles) may not have a plugged pump.
*For the purpose of pistol rounds, a pistol is a small single shot springer (like a TTG, Nite Finder, or Lock n' Load) with a stock plunger tube. If your pistol gets substantially better ranges than those examples because a.)It's not really a pistol or b.)Some crazy bullshit you did to it, it may not be allowed for pistol rounds.
Range: Maximum range for all blasters fired flat at shoulder height is 75'. Be prepared to prove this range with anything you bring. If you're not sure, bring a backup.

Tips for tuning down your existing primary:
The simplest way to do this in my experience is to cut down a barrel to a shorter length than what you usually use, and drill a couple of small porting holes near the end to keep darts from fishtailing. Keep trimming the barrel until you get the desired range. If you have multiple catch notches on a plusbow, you can also put a device on the stock to keep the handle from being fully primed, or just make and install a plunger rod with a shorter draw. The first method seems to be the best if you want to be able to reliably use a hopper. See VACC's suggestion for another method.

Videos:
From up on the wall where the ref sits during airsoft rounds:
Posted Image

Starting from the tire-filled corridor on the other side of the arena. The folding chair up on the wall at the beginning and end of this video is where I was when I took the first video:
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 hoongfu

hoongfu

• Members
  • 475 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

I'm totally in but I'd need a ride. Anyone going from the Philly Area or anyone want to sleep over my place before heading over? I'm looking at you Andtheherois, Chops, shandsgator, phree, LT Dan, and anyone I missed. Oh yea you too Langley ;)

Edited by hoongfu, 09 December 2012 - 04:15 PM.

#4 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm totally in for this.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#5 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I have been waiting for a good reason to put some effort in and get up to a PA war, this looks like just the thing. For now, I am tentative, but I will pay my deposit either way. Time to round up the crew. Hoongfu, I will let you know if I need a place to crash for the night. Thanks for the offer!

#6 m3gamanr

m3gamanr

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

Put me down as a maybe :)

#7 clownieX

clownieX

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

O hell yea. Been waiting for this, I'm in.

#8 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

If you're planning on coming, please vote in the RSVP poll so I can keep track of you and send out Paypal requests. Thanks!

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#9 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Though it is not now, when it is, I will be present.

#10 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

So the 9th is 100% definite?

My birthday is the day before, so this one might not jive with me. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

#11 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

So the 9th is 100% definite?

My birthday is the day before, so this one might not jive with me. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Sorry, I wanted to get a date locked in well in advance. Last year we spent a lot of time hashing out the best weekend, and I thought it might be better to pick a date right away and give people plenty of notice. I hope you can make it, keep us in the loop.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#12 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

I don't have PayPal at the moment, but I'll set one up tomorrow.

Also, if someone coming from south of College Park, MD could pick me up on their way to the war, I'd appreciate it. I'll contribute to gas in that case. I'm a maybe until someone let's me know they could do this.

#13 SlightlySane813

SlightlySane813

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'll be there.
Also known as the French Canadian eh!

#14 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm in. Requested the full price; I know we don't have 10 people yet at $5.05 each, so hopefully this will help you not give up the reservation. Grid Code '11 was one of the best wars of the year, hands down.

As far as blasters, can I use my sceptor that shoots balls?
Teehee.

#15 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm in (+1). I may not be able to make it, but it's worth a $10 risk. Go ahead and send me two, $5 PayPal requests, please.

Edited by shandsgator8, 26 December 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#16 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:48 PM

Paid my deposit. Not sure if I'll make it there on time though. Last time I did, but by laying down 100 miles before sunrise and making a mockery of 4 states' speed limits.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#17 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Sent out bills, updated the list of payments received. Sceptors will not be allowed, regardless of whether or not they are modded.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#18 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

I haven't received an invoice. Thanks for organizing this Phil; it's great venue.
Teehee.

#19 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Sent out bills, updated the list of payments received. Sceptors will not be allowed, regardless of whether or not they are modded.

Why not?

Also, will stock or modded Vortex blasters be allowed? I assume so, but a blaster that shoots balls being prohibited makes me wonder if a blaster shooting discs will be prohibited as well.

I've made my two payments on PayPal.

Edited by shandsgator8, 27 December 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#20 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Why not?

Also, will stock or modded Vortex blasters be allowed? I assume so, but a blaster that shoots balls being prohibited makes me wonder if a blaster shooting discs will be prohibited as well.

I've made my two payments on PayPal.

Sorry, I know that was a bit confusing, I didn't see your post until I had already billed you for 5.05.

Vortex blasters should be fine.

I have a whole variety of reasons for banning both modded and unmodded sceptors. But, since I don't want to get into an argument over it, lets skip that step and just say it's an unfair and arbitrary decision I made because I'm a bastard, and move on.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#21 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Sounds fun to me!
Probably lurking somewhere...

#22 mangonerf

mangonerf

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

I am deffinitly goin i just need to bring up the money.
Just asking will Elite darts be allowed
"paintball shoots pain, airsoft shoots plastic and nerf shoots metal. I think you can tell which one is awesome."

#23 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

I assume at this point that you're just not going to send me an invoice. I'm going to show up either way, so you might as well get the deposit in advance.
Teehee.

#24 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I sent out the next wave of requests and updated the list of who paid. We have a pretty decent number of people signed up, and enough people paid to cover the deposit, so there's no need to worry about me cancelling.

I assume at this point that you're just not going to send me an invoice. I'm going to show up either way, so you might as well get the deposit in advance.

I don't know why you think I wouldn't invoice you. I haven't sent out any invoices since December, and I'm only just getting to the new ones now. If you're going to assume I'm singling you out for some reason and you're ready to start giving me a hard time this far in advance, maybe you should skip this one.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#25 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Its been too long! I will be attending as well with my father, would you be able to send the invoice for two of us?

Thanks!
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users