And world record

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:23 PM

Posted Image

Part One: HvZ

Hosted by Hart Ranch Resort and Gamers for Service.
The Ranch has opened the Humans Vs. Zombies event to the public! Come on in and join us for 195 acres of HvZ fun, July 9th and 10th. Missions start at 9 AM Thursday. Bring meals, or eat at the Chuck Wagon. You can tent on site- just check with the ranch first.

Missions:
Six missions, with the times as follows.
Thursday, July 9th:
9 AM to 11:30 AM- Find the Source
1 PM to 5 PM- The Canyon
6 PM to 9 PM- Legendary Tales

Friday, July 10th:
9 AM to 11:30 AM- Stake a Claim
1 PM to 5 PM- Gold Rush
6 PM to 9 PM- Train Robbery

As you might be able to tell, it's a Wild West themed HvZ.

PART TWO: Charity and World RECORD!

So, Father Time's event went well, though they didn't break the record. As mentioned in my Off Topic thread, there's a 200 acre RV resort that wants to help set the record. We expect 400 campers to participate, as well as local Boy Scouts and a state RV show to pitch in with warm bodies. I need your help to make sure we crush the previous record. Details as follows.

WHERE

Hart Ranch Camping Resort just south of Rapid City, South Dakota.

WHEN
Thursday, July 9th, at 9 AM, until Friday, July 10th, at 9 PM. World record on Saturday, July 11th at 5 PM.

WHO
Hart Ranch, Gamers for Service, South Dakota School of Mines and Technology, and ALL OF YOU! This is a free event, open to the public. Bring your own blaster, and some to spare!

Barbecue and hot dog feed to follow the record breaking, and possibly commemorative T-shirts for sale.

Rules
All participants will sign a safety waiver and receive a bracelet to show their participation.Currently, no blowguns, melee, paintball, airsoft, or Xploder. Please, foam darts or discs only. No homemade darts. Stock or safely modded, light homemades acceptable. This is a public war more than an NIC war, so prep accordingly. Zombies are respawned on respawn points rather than timers, to keep the action fast. Tag only, no 'firm grip,' since we may have a wide age range of players. Participants under ~42" tall are exempt from most infection rules.
The record will be free form or 2-team deathmatch. If you are able, please consider bringing canned goods to benefit local food banks.

Plan now, I would love to have all of you come. I'll update this post as we get more things hammered out.

Edited by TheSilverhead, 24 June 2015 - 09:30 PM.

#2 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

I'll see if I can make it out

#3 father time

father time

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:45 PM

There is a video on You Tube that claims to be "The Largest" now, it's apparently from Gilley's bar in Dallas. The video is really dark, and audio sucks as well, but you can tell there were a bunch of people there. I didn't see reference to Guinness actually being there. If I heard the guy right, he claims that there are 1284 people in the room, but as you know, if Guinness doesn't have a rep there, it's not a record. Here's the video link.

Ask her if she wants you to give her a multiple orgasm.
And when she looks stunned show her a picture of the blaster.
But if she gets excited. You're in.
-Miguel Ramos
Time is the one thing you can never escape.-Father Time

#4 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:32 AM

As of right now, the record is held by Washington University with a total of 461 people.

Although the Guinness World Record website is currently experiencing malfunctions so this cannot be confirmed.

The actual record title is "Toy Pistol Fight"

#5 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2015 - 02:25 PM

Father Time; Actually, you don't need a judge present, just good documentation. That bar video didn't get the record because they didn't get a list of participants or clear footage.
Duke: Thank you, edited the thread title.

#6 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

The current record is 601 held by Mount Royal University of Calgary Canada.

Guinness will get it listed soon, the record was beaten yesterday.

#7 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

Update: The HvZ portion is now open to the public and NiC, and added more details about the world record.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users