My Newest Homemade

My homemade Riffle

31 replies to this topic

#26 MysticNinja

MysticNinja

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 12:28 PM

I’m almost certain that 200-250 psi would be a lot to hope for safely using PVC and brass or even copper fittings together like that; although I’m not sure what precautions you may have taken that I don’t know about. Don’t forget the tire valve is only rated for somewhere in the 60 psi range, even tractor trailer tires don’t break about 90 psi I think.

Edited by MysticNinja, 23 April 2005 - 12:45 PM.

An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

#27 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 09:25 PM

the hose will not snap or anything.

Hardlines WILL snap if too much outside force occurs. With other lines, it's just like using 1/4" OD vinyl tubing, but with a max. pressure of 1000 psi, not 50 or so. I'd recommend using 3/8" OD tubing, or something to that effect. For instance, I have air brake line if I wanted to do that, which can go up to 1500 psi. Also, what paintball markers use are pin valves in the tanks. That's how their removeable, although no one asked that. That was random. Anywho, If you mount the tank to the grip frame, you could use a drop-forward to get the tank closer to the front of the gun, therefore improving balance and shortening the length of the hose. If I didn't already have a few projects started, I'd start one of these too, just because it looks cool.
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#28 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:20 PM

Yeah, something a LOT more durable would be needed to get multiple shots off at decent distances.

I was actually thinking of doing something like this on an At2k. My Dad and I were talking about how we could use smaller canisters, which were prepumped, to pressurize (sp?) the tank. It'd have to be just right though. I'd probably unplug the release or something like that. It would be cool to use several of them, and if one runs out of pressure mid-battle you could just exchange tanks then. Ahhh... the possibilities.

TS

#29 duce

duce

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 05:46 PM

I actually thought of that idea but realized that it would suck to carry around a bunck of canisters, and it would be colstle to put a valve on each canister. Instead, I'm current;y construct something so kickass, I'm sure you'll crap your pants when you see it.
"Thats so good it makes me want to kick my mom in the face." -Halfling

#30 Team Slaya

Team Slaya

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 06:12 PM

Duce, I was actually just thinking of little C02 canisters, like the ones used in Airsoft grenade launchers. I was trying to find something like that, except ones that I could pump. And I would probably only bring one extra in a battle, the rest would just be in a bag. I always like to hear your input though.

And damn, I'm waiting for that project you're working on. I'm prepared - pants padded and everything. :w00t:

TS

Edited by Team_Slaya, 06 August 2005 - 06:13 PM.

#31 kirb13

kirb13

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:23 PM

What kind of valve is that between the tank and the pressure washer handle? It almost looks as if you can pressurize the firing tank with the push of a button instead of twisting a ball valve, which would take more time. Where do you buy them? How do they work?

#32 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:02 PM

Its a schreader valve Ace sells it. http://www.acehardwa...rentPage=family Ninja, yes its probably not very high pressure rating but if I want to I can get this one which is rated 500psi: http://www.palmer-pu...-tire-valve.jpg
Before the elbow snapped I was able to range test it at low pressure 60psi. It would get about the same range as an AT2k, 3 shots 90' about. I couldn't put more pressure because I tightned one of the compression fittings too much and the thread was messed up so it leaked. I could see the bubbles comming out under water. I did replace it and didn't tighten it like hell I mean I tightened it as much as I could with my hands and then I took out a wrench and tightned it an extra turn. (ofcourse I use Tephlon tape for all threads as you can see in the pics). That time before I did it way too much. Forget about trying to build this gun there is too much stress on the 90 degree elbow and it will eventually snap. It might work if an air hose is used to connect the tank to the pressure washer handle and if the tank is mounted to the bottom of the handle like paintball guns.

I was trying to make a good overall gun. I wanted:
1. High pressure for long range shots.
2. Big air tank with lots of volume for multiple shots.
3. Clip similar to Ompa's clip but 8 shot not 5 shot and spring fed of course.

I wanted something that would get 30-40 shots so it could last one nerf round and be filled between nerf rounds and with ranges of 100'+. I was planning on making it reliable and usable in nerf wars where homemades are allowed.

Yes it does have looks and it is intimidating but remember the elbow broke it failed. II will have to redesign it a little bit diffrently if I plan on rebuilding it. The tank will have to be mounted somehow.

Edited by Osiris, 20 August 2005 - 08:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users