Photo

GoT Themed LARP'ing Nerf Battles?

Crazy dream I had...

2 replies to this topic

Poll: GoT Nerf War

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would You Participate in a GoT Themed Nerf War?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

So, I happen to have read all the Game of Thrones books, am hugely missing modding guns, recently witnessed a group of teen LARP'ers, and just finished a new music video with my band, all of which lead to a fricken nuts dream last night conflating all of the above... which brought me to that question, just for giggles ;).

Thought y'all also might get a kick out of the vid, though I wish there was more nerf in it: http://bit.ly/songofarya
~SS

#2 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

Your band has excellent vocals. Color me impressed!
It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#3 Jangular

Jangular

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

Despite the question being just for giggles, I have played pen and paper GoT RPG's, and the setting is fantastic for storytelling outside of the book's storyline. I would imagine that adding foam combat and LARP elements to it would be incredibly fun. The only downside is it would be very hard to create the feeling of grandeur that any large city or castle would have, might have to constrain yourself to a smaller scale story. Like a group of convicts that have taken the black trying to make it to the wall while all the different kings are trying to gain footing, making the trip unsafe. Maybe one of the large European LARP events will do a game set in the GoT setting, that would be really interesting to see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users