• 1,985 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

#27 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Yeah, it's six and a half inches for the blue AND the green, but the blue alone is three and a half inches. And the sides are one and a half inches, so it will be one and a half feet in depth according to your plans.

EDIT: Wow, what the hell was I thinking when I posted this? Please ignore this post, it's completely wrong. I'm usually not this stupid.

Edited by bartel, 22 July 2008 - 12:24 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#28 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

Yeah... I decided after I wrote it all down that it might be cool to have some pegboard on the insides of the doors to hang smaller guns on.

#29 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 03:35 AM

If the back is 5x5 then it's a square, and you don't really need the green to be the sides and the red to be top and bottem, you just need 4x of eather

#30 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 09:53 AM

Yeah, it's six and a half inches for the blue AND the green, but the blue alone is three and a half inches. And the sides are one and a half inches, so it will be one and a half feet in depth according to your plans.

ROFLLLL Where the hell did you learn math?!?!!?!?@!1
If blue + green=6.5,
and green=1.5,
then blue+1.5=6.5
and blue = 5

not to mention, 3.5+1.5 does NOT equal 6.5!! ROFL

Even better: the back is a square, sides are equal. look at where the y axis of the blue square ends! gasp! at 5!

On a far more relevant note, converting to metric should be easy, no fancy numbers. All you do is change the scale. Make 5 inches (apparently the width or height of the box) equal to however big you want your box to be in metric. From there just use the scale.

For mikey: If you want some hardcore looking stuff, get some aluminum square and make an open frame box with a support beam across the bottom, and add little spacers where you need them. The raw metal industrial look is hardcore as hell, but the beams themselves are a pita to cut, especially multiple times. With this though, it would be easy enough to add on more to the sides, unlike with the box plans where you have to remake the doors, back, top, and bottom.
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users