Hey all!

This is my singled Magstrike:

Posted Image

What was used:
$7 Kmart pump
Reflex IX-1 Barrel (fully drilled out)
Loads of duct tape, hot glue and superglue
1 Sewing button.

The pump was hot glued + Superglued onto the cut down old pump shaft (I used this pump because my check valve broke),
The barrel was Duct taped and hot glued onto the end of the 'piston' and it has a nice fit on most darts (whistlers tend to fall 3ft if not twisted in right) And a sewing button was hot glued onto the original air release valve.

It takes 35ish pumps for 10 - 12 shots and I am yet to do a range test (it is currently night in Australia land) (it shoots 3B arrows 25' though)

I am overall very happy with this modification!

Thanks for checking this out,
Poke.

Edited by Poke, 16 December 2014 - 05:21 AM.

#2 shmmee

shmmee

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Your mod inspires mixed feelings in me. On the one hand, it captures the essence of fugly. on the other... Well your bladder is now completely unprotected - from over pumping, from external puncture, from UV degradation... There's a lot of compressed air in there and when they fail - they fail loudly and explosively. Your cap becomes a projectile, and neighbors call the local authorities to report shots fired. I've never heard one fail but Doom (our resident genius) has and he says it's as loud as a shotgun discharge. I don't think it's worth the risk of hearing damage and other personal injury.

Please shell up your bladder.

Edited by shmmee, 16 December 2014 - 10:15 AM.

"and we should respect the people who make our blasters. Even if we do molest the hell out of them..."
~BritNerfMogul

#3 Poke

Poke

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Your mod inspires mixed feelings in me. On the one hand, it captures the essence of fugly. on the other... Well your bladder is now completely unprotected - from over pumping, from external puncture, from UV degradation... There's a lot of compressed air in there and when they fail - they fail loudly and explosively. Your cap becomes a projectile, and neighbors call the local authorities to report shots fired. I've never heard one fail but Doom (our resident genius) has and he says it's as loud as a shotgun discharge. I don't think it's worth the risk of hearing damage and other personal injury.

Please shell up your bladder.

i'll cut the half shell off my magstrikes remains and stick it over
don't want my everything blown up,
even know i only go 6 pumps a shot,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users