Marshmallow Blaster

7 pumps, 4 darts, 80 feet flat...Pistol

3 replies to this topic

#1 Dyxlesic

Dyxlesic

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

So a neighbor of mine made these marshmallow guns. They put them into mass production, and now they are a huge hit. Yes, im talking about the same red and blue marshmallow blasters you see everywhere. They are close family friends, and their kids go to the same school as my little brother. They donated a few guns to the schools auction, so i bid and won a "marshmallow blaster". So after firing a few big marshmallows, i said goodbye to the warranty and the capability to shoot big marshmallows, and modified it. Im sorry Ms. (censored for confidentiality) for turning your hard work into a monster.

THIS NERF GUN IS BANNED AT ALL MY NEIGHBORHOOD NERF WARS, NOT BECAUSE OF INJURY RISK, BUT BECAUSE IT IS CONSIDERED CHEAP AND OVERPOWERED. THE DART SPREAD IS PERFECT, IT TAKES 4-6 PUMPS TO PRIME, 4 DARTS TO RELOAD, ITS A PISTOL, AND NEAR FREAKIN IMPOSSIBLE TO DODGE.

So lets look at this sucker. First take that cool sliding breech and toss it. LIGHTLY press the black dots and slide it off.

THe pump only goes halfway down the shaft, and doesn't go all the way to the check valve, as the pumps rod is too short. It is important to replace it. Unscrew the back red thing where the pump is. Pull your pump out, and cut the plus shaped rod off of the pump head as close to the pump head as you can. Do the same to the handle. Take some 1/2"pvc, cut it to the same length as your pump, and glue it to the pump head. DO NOT GLUE THE HANDLE ON YET.

Posted Image

plug the pump

Posted Image

take the red disc with the + shaped hole, and throw it in your trash or scrap bucket. Slide the red threaded coupler and a piece of pipe that fits loosely around 1/2 pvc pipe. I found 3/4" works the best. This pipe is to stabilize the pump so it doesn't do this
Posted Image

it should look something like this
Posted Image

Now you can glue the handle onto the pipe you use as pump rod
Posted Image

and it should look like this
Posted Image

cut the end of the barrel off, about 1/2" away from the black dots. DO NOT CUT PAST THE BLACK DOTS.
Posted Image

Glue 4 pieces of CPVC of your desired length to the front of your blaster. make sure they are centered. Due to the high air release rates, there is almost no power lost when adding 4 barrels instead of 3, so i HIGHLY recommend using 4 barrels
Posted Image
seal it up with hotglue or something

Sleeve that ugly mess in a piece of pipe
Posted Image

And here is your finished product
Posted Image

Go out and own some face :)

Q&A:

Q: I wanna see internal pics! WAAAAAAAAAA!
A. The way this thing is laid out, taking internal pics is near impossible, and wouldn't show how it works. Its like trying to take internal pics of a hornet tank

Q: How does the release valve work?
A: Its a giant OPV. yes, an opv. it is opened by the air pushing on it.

Q: Are you on crack? do you even know what an overpressure valve is?
A. i refuse to answer that first question. Yes, i know what an OPV is. The opv is held shut by a vertical perpendicular pin. when the trigger is pulled, nothing is holding the valve closed, so all the air rushes out instantly

Q: My head just exploded, as i didnt understand that at all. please compare it to something
A: Your friend (air pressure) is pushing to try and open a locked door (the opv). He pushes and pushes, but the deadbolt holds it shut. you suddenly turn the key (the pin connnected to the trigger). nothing is holding the door closed, and your friend comes flying in the house, and falls on his face. That is exactly how it works

Q: how is it posible to fire 4 darts with such short barrels and few pumps?
A: the air release is almost instant. when pumped 10 times it sounds like a gunshot

Q: Im gonna single it, and put a really long cpvc barrel on it
A: dont do either, caus the seal between the release valve and the barrels has more holes than swiss cheese.

Q: if it has so many holes, why is it good?
A: the air release is INSTANT, and quick, so much that the air seal makes no difference. adding longer barrels actouly reduces range, as all the air is released the instant the trigger is pulled: even faster than backpressure tanks

Q: i have another question that isnt stated above
A: post it here

hope you like it :)
Anything you can do I can do backwards

#2 utahnerf

utahnerf

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:34 PM

Pretty good writeup, you may want more pictures and better explanations, this is pretty vague. Personally, I fucking love the marshmallow blaster. High power, cool aesthetics, comfortable. Damn.

#3 cheerios

cheerios

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

Your explenation of a OPRV is not correct; I believe you are trying to explain the dump valve. The OPRV is what stops the tank from building up to much pressure so your tank doesn't blow up.
22:46- jakejagan :Ryan, did you hear that Zeke's BBBB made N9 bleed?
22:47- Zorn :BONUS

#4 Dyxlesic

Dyxlesic

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Your explenation of a OPRV is not correct; I believe you are trying to explain the dump valve. The OPRV is what stops the tank from building up to much pressure so your tank doesn't blow up.

I get what you mean. The best way i could explain how the valve worked was comparing it to an OPRV, as the engineers told me it was a Modified OPV. However, valve is completely unique

Edited by Dyxlesic, 31 May 2011 - 11:12 PM.

Anything you can do I can do backwards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users