Photo

New Nerf Guns

34 replies to this topic

#26 tylertheuncreator

tylertheuncreator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:21 PM

Some stuff is poppin' up all over the interwebs and it looks like the disks have rubber core to add mass and foam lining on the outside.
Video of the disk
NItron Firing Honestly the ranges aren't even that impressive and I'm not really sure what you can do with a disk shooter in terms of modding, I guess you can just up the voltage.
O o
/¯/___________________________ _\
| IMMA FIREN MAH LAZAH, BLARRRRRRGGGHH!
\_\¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯/

#27 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

They look good and seem to fire well. Probbally no easy dart conversion abilty though. Can't wait to get this in a couple of weeks.

Btw
Not sure but I think the community frowns upon urban taggers.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#28 tylertheuncreator

tylertheuncreator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:39 PM

They look good and seem to fire well. Probbally no easy dart conversion abilty though. Can't wait to get this in a couple of weeks.

Btw
Not sure but I think the community frowns upon urban taggers.

It's kind of easy to see why urbantaggers is extremely erotic, idiots running around with blacked out blasters and they don't generally mod other than AR removals either, they treat nerf like it's like airsoft. The only reason I posted the links was to show how they fire and that some more information was popping up about the vortex line.

Edited by tylertheuncreator, 01 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

O o

#29 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

I thought it was because they release information on blasters without hasbros consent and find ways to get things before they should (ie vortex series).

Anyways the one sounds like it has a slow rof. Unless he just fired slowly on purposed it seemed like the flywheels needed to rev back up after each shot.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#30 tylertheuncreator

tylertheuncreator

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I thought it was because they release information on blasters without hasbros consent and find ways to get things before they should (ie vortex series).

Anyways the one sounds like it has a slow rof. Unless he just fired slowly on purposed it seemed like the flywheels needed to rev back up after each shot.

I was thinking that the blaster had an entire assembly that moves back then forward after each shot to push the discs into the flywheels, kind of like the barricade. That would explain the low rate of fire.
O o

#31 Crankymonky

Crankymonky

It's The Dean!

• Members
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

Pricing information for these blasters and other upcoming releases, according to K-mart. I cannot say that all stores will have these prices, but they do differ slightly from the MSRPs previously mentioned.

N-Strike Reflex $5.99
Vortex Nitron $49.99
Vortex Vigilon $17.99
Vortex Proton $12.99
Nerf scout 2 pack $19.99

Edited by Crankymonky, 07 August 2011 - 11:45 PM.

Tyranny Response Team

#32 burning-ice

burning-ice

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:03 PM

The praxis looks all-out sexy as hell. Cant wait till my TRU gets them. They normally get stuff weeks early (about a month). Seeing the disks fire makes me wonder what it could do to a slug...
I lurk alot.
If I double post blame my internet, I apologize.

#33 Curly

Curly

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:26 PM

Seeing the disks fire makes me wonder what it could do to a slug...

Absolutely nothing. Hasbro has made them nearly unmodifiable, except the Nitron.

#34 Strike

Strike

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Well isn't that interesting the Walmart where I live has already released them. At least the least the Vigilon, Nitron, and proton

Edited by Strike, 08 September 2011 - 06:53 PM.

#35 Umbra Serpens

Umbra Serpens

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

The new N-Strike ELITE series, in my opinion, is a good new line. However, I don't personally think they're reliable in comparison to their standard N-Strike counterparts. Or rather, I got gypped.

See, I got a Rampage a few weeks ago, and it fired spectacularly. The distance was better than expected, and the drum turned the darts into the chamber without a hitch. Then, everything changed in the middle of a Nerf War. The gun jammed during a slamfire session, which I no longer perform due to the effects of this occurance. On one of my pullbacks, unaware of the jam that had just alligned, I pulled back hard enough that internals were bent to the point of leaving stress marks. I ended up getting it replaced free of charge, claiming it was defective out of the box (which in my opinion, it was).

The replacement sent did not get the same distance, and was rather disappointing in that regard. It still fires a little farther than our Raiders, but not by much. At least this one has no problems though, as tested on the field.

Now, I've never had a problem like this with my Alpha Trooper or any of our other weapons from the N-Strike series, before or after the modifications we made. So, all in all, I'm a little disappointed in the ELITE series, but perhaps I just overestimated them from the start. They're not bad guns at all, and I recommend that others test them and give opinions as well. Perhaps I was just unlucky with mine.

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Edited by Langley, 12 August 2012 - 10:41 AM.

"The world isn't as bad as you'd think" - DOLLARS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users