Colleges That Nerf

19 replies to this topic

#1 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:18 PM

Finally validated. Well, my senior year of school is coming up soon and I want to have a good idea of what university I want to attend afterwards. Does anyone have a list ( or know) of colleges that have wars often? HvZ, Assassins, and just straight up wars. Mainly northern east coast schools are what I'm looking for.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#2 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:45 PM

I'm not exactly going to college anytime soon... But I don't think you should be looking solely for a college that has wars, you should be looking for one that has good... Well I don't know education-related stuff.

It'd be nice to have both, but put priorities first.(..)

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#3 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 06:53 PM

Yes, OfAll' made a good point, but This is the HvZ HQ
But here is a list if you are making one for Nerfhaven
Goucher College
Truman State University
Kansas University
Connecticut college
University of Virginia
Most of those games are over but I am assuming they are annual. Good luck at whatever college you choose.
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 24 June 2008 - 06:53 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#4 MithMorchaint

MithMorchaint

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:10 PM

I go to Connecticut College, so I can speak about it if you'd like...

The HvZ games (2 so far) we've played have been ok. The first one was great, kinda went downhill from there as people started cheating in order to win and suchlike. I don't know how it will be this upcoming year because the girl who ran our games just graduated (sad, she was a friend of mine).

Conn also has GREAT academics, but it's a small school (around 2000 people) so it may or not be for you.

But yes, the colleges in the HvZ list at least Nerf a fair amount. My friends and I are working this year on getting some larger groups together on campus for wars, so hunt one of us down if you end up going to Conn. :)

#5 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:29 PM

I'm not exactly going to college anytime soon... But I don't think you should be looking solely for a college that has wars, you should be looking for one that has good... Well I don't know education-related stuff.

It'd be nice to have both, but put priorities first.(..)

-OfAll'

Of course. I have an idea of what I want to go into. If I can find a college with the same stuff i'm interested in, but one has students who nerfs, that will just be the icing on the cake.

-Groove out.

#6 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

University of Maryland, College Park has a Nerf club. I attended one of their meetings but was too busy to do anything else, so I can't give you any perspective about what the games were like but they looked well run. I'm sure someone from UMD will elaborate about the club.

#7 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

I met an Ohio University student that does HvZ.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#8 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:02 PM

I know Olin in massachusetts has a club.

#9 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:07 PM

University of Maryland, College Park has a Nerf club. I attended one of their meetings but was too busy to do anything else, so I can't give you any perspective about what the games were like but they looked well run. I'm sure someone from UMD will elaborate about the club.

The University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society

We host a humans versus zombies game during the fall semesters; this is our period of highest turnout. Fall 2008 will be our third HvZ game, and our second as an SGA-recognized orginization.

Over the winter, spring, and summer seasons, we have small, informal games in which the core club members meet to play deathmatch, CTF, or whatever random gametypes we come up with; test out new mods; and just hang out.

#10 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:49 PM

I'm going to Puget Sound next year and they don't have a Nerf Club so I started one. I don't think it'll get too big until school starts, and even then there's only about 2200 students, but it's worth a shot.

When I visited on admitted students day, they were playing Humans vs. Zombies... for charity. Can you believe it? Anyways, that's not why I chose to go there, but it's definitely an added bonus.

Also consider location. IE if you go to, say, Stanford, I bet they don't have a Nerf Club, but you're in CA, so... you're pretty well off. Or, of course, you could go to the U of M, which doesn't have a club, but you've got me and Sam hosting 15-20+ attendee wars...
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#11 pes142

pes142

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 11:11 PM

Penn State has a club which runs HVZ, Assasins, NERF Capture the Flag, and other Nerf games. The club is call the ugc, just go to pennstateugc.org to check it out. The HVZ games are awesome, they are what got me into Nerf.

#12 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:18 AM

You Serious? I literally live in walking distance of that place. Now that I think about it my local hardware store said that students from there came in asking for PETG..

Anyways...

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

Penn State has a club which runs HVZ, Assasins, NERF Capture the Flag, and other Nerf games. The club is call the ugc, just go to pennstateugc.org to check it out. The HVZ games are awesome, they are what got me into Nerf.

Yes! I'm visiting Penn State in about a month, so I'll have to make sure I ask if any of the students that tour the school are familiar with the club.

-Groove out.

#14 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

You Serious? I literally live in walking distance of that place. Now that I think about it my local hardware store said that students from there came in asking for PETG..

Anyways...

-OfAll'

Yeah, but good luck getting in. It's a tiny, super selective engineering school. Same competitiveness as MIT.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#15 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:37 AM

Anyways...

-OfAll'

Yeah they mentioned it when I was on the tour for Olin.

#16 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

I'm going to Puget Sound next year and they don't have a Nerf Club so I started one. I don't think it'll get too big until school starts, and even then there's only about 2200 students, but it's worth a shot.

When I visited on admitted students day, they were playing Humans vs. Zombies... for charity. Can you believe it? Anyways, that's not why I chose to go there, but it's definitely an added bonus.

Also consider location. IE if you go to, say, Stanford, I bet they don't have a Nerf Club, but you're in CA, so... you're pretty well off. Or, of course, you could go to the U of M, which doesn't have a club, but you've got me and Sam hosting 15-20+ attendee wars...

I've considered going to U of M or Penn State, but then again, I'm a Junior in High School, not the first thing on my mind.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#17 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 02:36 PM

I've considered going to U of M or Penn State, but then again, I'm a Junior in High School, not the first thing on my mind.

U of M is a nice school, as long as you are talking about Michigan (the real U of M).
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#18 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:19 PM

I think it also needs to be said that if your college doesn't have a Nerf club, there is nothing stopping you from founding one of your own! As long as you have permission from the administration, it shouldn't be difficult at all to get permission to set one up. This isn't a high school where you have no rights; if you ask nicely and make sure that they understand exactly what's going on and how you are going to keep the experience under control, you would be surprised as to what they allow.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#19 C5 Z

C5 Z

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

University of Pittsburgh does HvZ games, one per semester..

#20 Deaths Avatar

Deaths Avatar

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hmm, nothing here at Northwestern. But if people in the area wanted to, I'd be up for trying to organize something more formal.

-DA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users