NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion

100ft+ new loser blaster sub-range+++

62 replies to this topic

#51 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

The new gun I get to see everyone single and chop to pieces. At least it'll hopefully be a new spring gun worth buying, and not some reverse plunger piece of shit.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#52 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

If you look at the dart, it's just a Whistler Dart with Red Foam and slightly thicker foam.

Yes, except that the head appears to be the same diameter or slightly smaller than the diameter of the foam. This is hopefully so that this dart can utilize an actual barrel.

#53 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

you put it that way it's bigger than Chuck Norris's dick.

No such thing exists. :lol:

But seriously, if you downgrade the spring power enough and make it shoot micros, this could be pretty cool. As well as remove the bipod. I don't care how high tech it is, it's going.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#54 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

The new gun I get to see everyone single and chop to pieces. At least it'll hopefully be a new spring gun worth buying, and not some reverse plunger piece of shit.

Cutting? I'm planning on integrating this underneath my Longshot.
EDIT: Sorry, forgot sarcasm doesn't work on the internet.

As well as remove the bipod. I don't care how high tech it is, it's going.

I believe that the bipod is detachable and on a tactical rail.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 04 March 2013 - 09:36 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#55 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Cutting? I'm planning on integrating this underneath my Longshot.

This seems like a horrendous idea considering the size of each blaster, but to each their own.

Edited by Soothsayer, 04 March 2013 - 08:14 PM.

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#56 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

The plot thickens…

Nerf Centurion, Hasbro Response

This was sent to me when I inquired about weather or not Hasbro wanted people posting this info.

"Thanks for checking in before posting. We prefer you do not post this information as it is not from an official source. The blogger who posted about the blaster has misrepresent the information and his relationship and access to Hasbro.

Thanks so much for your understanding and for being a loyal Nerf fan!"

So as far as the misrepresentation goes, I guess we should take what ever info we see with a grain of salt.

source
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

#57 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm not sure why you guys took the OP super seriously when he posts gems like this:

The barrel is *not* detachable. It's fixed. Hasbro actually spent a hell of a lot of money with a ballistics University in the US, who proved barrels benefit blasters, and rifling actually does also. So it's something Hasbro are sticking with. They, at my last conversation with Engineers had no intention to make a detachable blaster.

Being an excited preteen is one thing; having 0 critical reasoning ability is another. A key to not being a scrub at real life is to find the small nuggets of truth in the piles of bullshit.
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#58 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'm not sure why you guys took the OP super seriously when he posts gems like this:

Being an excited preteen is one thing; having 0 critical reasoning ability is another. A key to not being a scrub at real life is to find the small nuggets of truth in the piles of bullshit.

I have to agree with this, I've been modifying nerf guns for several years and I've found that 100% of the time, removing the faux barrel increases range. As for rifling, there is no way you could get the foam to expand enough to grab any grooves while still having enough power to heave the barrel. The reason rifling works in real guns is because the heat expands the bullet and it grabs the grooves. If the barrel isnt detachable, it's nothing a hacksaw can't fix.
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#59 VelveetaAvenger

VelveetaAvenger

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image
"I never saw Beastmaster, I just wanted to be cool..."

#60 Atlantis Risen

Atlantis Risen

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

...As for rifling, there is no way you could get the foam to expand enough to grab any grooves while still having enough power to heave the barrel. The reason rifling works in real guns is because the heat expands the bullet and it grabs the grooves. If the barrel isnt detachable, it's nothing a hacksaw can't fix.

This is absolutely correct.

I took a closer look at the image and I believe I can see where the barrel detaches. It's just behind the tac rail that the bipod attaches to. See below:

sorry, I can't insert images

Edited by Atlantis_Risen, 05 March 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#61 DartGirl

DartGirl

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say that I believe the barrel is detachable judging by that groove where the barrel starts above the bi-pod. Also as someone said earlier, the shipping would be unreasonable if they were sending out thousands of five foot long boxes all across the world.

Another thing to note is that if Hasbro doesn't intend for the barrel to be removable then they'll probably design it similar to the LSK stock instead of a recon-esque barrel nub, and in that case it's not going to be difficult at all for anyone here to remove(if they actually attach it in the first place).
Altman Be Praised

#62 DartSlinger

DartSlinger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

sorry, I can't insert images

Yes, you can. It is extremely simple. All you do is click "show codes," then mouse over "hotlink for forums (1)" so that it is highlighted. Then when it is highlighted, you copy it to your clipboard and paste it into the post box on NerfHaven.

Also, you should probably start using a real image hosting website such as Photobucket. It's easier to use; it will be around a lot longer, and when people click on your link, they won't get spammed with sketchy ads.

#63 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:42 PM

MLD had just posted the Heartbreaker Bow and the Rebelle line post, so it's not exactly unreasonable that this thread was taken seriously. The rifling comment (among others) was...interesting...but I did't think that it necessarily invalidated the rest of the thread.

However, considering that Hasbro has now asked people to not post this stuff, and the blog post that started this whole thing rolling has been pulled, this thread has parked itself firmly in Speculationville. Time to call it quits.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users