Photo

New Nerf Line?

22 replies to this topic

#1 drazniich

drazniich

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

It appears that there will be a couple new items in Target by August 1st, part of a Zombie Strike Line. I haven't seen mention on here, so I thought I'd share.

There is talk of a lot of Elite guts going into these, which is great.

Posted Image

The Hammershot.

Posted Image

The Sledgefire, and I have no idea what I'm looking at other than a break open action. I know speculation is extremely erotic, so I'll leave it at that.

Original Articles:
http://io9.com/prepa...strik-743035852

http://basicnerf.wor...ths-found-here/

Edited by drazniich, 11 July 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Build for the sake of building.

#2 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

The Zombie Strike line has been flitting on the edge of nerfdom for a few months.

I am not impressed. Seven shitty pistol like blasters, most single shot.

Also a horrid marketing scheme, 'lets slap ZoMbIeZ on these blasters we made to cash in on the fad' is not a solid business plan. Well, actually it is; they will make money.

These shit blasters will sell like hotcakes. However, the Hammershot is a confirmed 50ft OTB. So less than elite ranges, and not worth buying.

Don't expect any love for these blasters on the Haven, and please try to not rehash a reddit thread. I know that's where you found this shit.

#3 drazniich

drazniich

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Got it from iO9 actually, not reddit.

Posted Image

The cocking mechanism is certainly new for Nerf, as far as I know. That alone makes it worth picking up and stripping down, especially if it lies in the >$15 range.

I do agree on the marketing end, as it seems Zombies will never die in the public eye.
Build for the sake of building.

#4 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

They came out with new pics for the newer guns and I agree with Duke Wintermaul that these just "seven shitty pistol like blasters". I WILL be getting them mainly just to see how I can mod them and if I don't like them, see how well they blow up.
My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

#5 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

The cocking mechanism is certainly new for Nerf, as far as I know. That alone makes it worth picking up and stripping down, especially if it lies in the >$15 range.

Resembles the Dart Tag Snapfire 8, actually, IMO.
I like it because it's actually a viable secondary, being that it be primed with one hand. I wouldn't mind carrying that around in one hand, with a Stryfe in the other.

Dual Wielding should be cool, too! For those who do indoor or office wars, should be neat.
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#6 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

All the Hammershot is the "boys" version of the Rebelle lines Wildshot.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#7 Exo

Exo

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Aww, listen to the heartbroken bitchings of an angsty teenager who thinks that NERF and Hasbro owe him something. I couldn't care less. If it is shit, at least it's NEW shit. I like the Hammershot, it's unique, the Sledgefire is nice, the Crossfire could get interesting, the Slidestrike has a holster for fuck's sake, and the Fusefire's "continuous loading system" could be good. The sword is a sword, the Ripshot seems like crap, and the Riccochet also seems useless. But at least it's small, so it could be used like a grenade for shield-breaking: small, and one shot.

#8 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

I agree with Exo, while the new blasters may seem like "shit", the Hammershot is unique and seems like a fantastic akimbo blaster. There's a lot of bellyaching about these new blasters, but other than the Hammershot, we haven't seen what they can do. So let's not jump to conclusions just yet.
I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#9 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Resembles the Dart Tag Snapfire 8, actually, IMO.
I like it because it's actually a viable secondary, being that it be primed with one hand. I wouldn't mind carrying that around in one hand, with a Stryfe in the other.

Dual Wielding should be cool, too! For those who do indoor or office wars, should be neat.

Why are you not dualing Stryfe's?

#10 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Too OP for the style of gameplay I usually have hah. So I usually have the Stryfe and something that's primed for at least one shot so I don't have to keep motors revved.
Better Nerf By Science!

#11 Noodleownz

Noodleownz

Self-Fondler

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

The last decent line of Nerf blasters was the original N-Strike line. Score one for Nerf for creating another shitty (albeit new) line of blasters.

Edited by Noodleownz, 11 July 2013 - 06:50 PM.

It's Nerf or Nothin'!

#12 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Elite is much better than the N-Strike line, that's for sure..
Better Nerf By Science!

#13 Steampunkzombie

Steampunkzombie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I do agree that the Ripshot and the Ricochet do look pretty useless and if you look the Ricochet is just the Ripshot with the ammo holder taken of.
Posted Image
cut away this part:
Posted Image
And you get this:
Posted Image

Edited by Steampunkzombie, 11 July 2013 - 07:15 PM.

My Youtube
My deviantART profile
Good things come to those who drink Pepsi
Your stupidity offends me

#14 Azrael0987

Azrael0987

formerly ijackofftomen. Different dude from Azrael.

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

the only one I could see actually being somewhat useful is the hammershot. purely for the one handed priming capability
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Yo dawg, I know you can press the shift key more than once.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 12 July 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#15 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

please try to not rehash a reddit thread. I know that's where you found this shit.

I don't think you get to be the arbiter of that. Believe it or not, not everyone reads /r/nerf, let alone Reddit.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#16 Super0dp

Super0dp

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I don't know about you guys, but i'm buying the Rebelle version just because its pink. And Nerfing with it would be sweet...
Anyway the blasters has some potential but maybe seem worth it just for re-fitting internals into those cool shells. the springs look small enough to come buy at Lowes or whatever. Might sacrifice on the one-handed capability. The vortex pistols are Hasbro's last chance to push a small vortex blaster.

I see potential, but it may not be worth it.

Edited by Super0dp, 14 July 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Got Tools?

#17 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Aww, listen to the heartbroken bitchings of an angsty teenager who thinks that NERF and Hasbro owe him something. I couldn't care less. If it is shit, at least it's NEW shit. I like the Hammershot, it's unique, the Sledgefire is nice, the Crossfire could get interesting, the Slidestrike has a holster for fuck's sake, and the Fusefire's "continuous loading system" could be good. The sword is a sword, the Ripshot seems like crap, and the Riccochet also seems useless. But at least it's small, so it could be used like a grenade for shield-breaking: small, and one shot.

For the fuse fire continuous loading system I think I got it pegged. On top of the blaster behind the see through green things looks to be a clip. Its almost like a praxis with a top mounted clip over the loading area. I think some one in the NiC did that a while ago though.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#18 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

I don't think you get to be the arbiter of that. Believe it or not, not everyone reads /r/nerf, let alone Reddit.

/r/Nerf is actually the only subreddit to consistently never produce original content. 75% is reposts of Nerfhaven and Urbantaggers, with the rest being thrift shop finds.

Instead of circle jerking about how sucky the new line will be, I have to say that the Hammershot will certainly have a place here with the indoor Nerfers as it can be primed with one hand and gets ranges exceeding those of the original N-Strike line.

Edited by ShaNayNay, 14 July 2013 - 11:31 PM.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#19 Zorns Lemma

Zorns Lemma

Sir Scrt

• Moderators
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:24 AM

Next person to talk about reddit gets a week's ban. We don't need to start meta.nerfhaven
"In short, the same knowledge that underlies the ability to produce correct judgement is also the knowledge that underlies the ability to recognize correct judgement. To lack the former is to be deficient in the latter."
Kruger and Dunning (1999)

#20 MAV13

MAV13

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Only thing I really want from this line is the neon green elites. As it stands, HvZ games in the dark are murder on my wallet.

#21 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

I was never complaining about the line, I like the ZombieStrike Idea, and taking the pistol from the Rebelle line, like Nerf has never re-purposed stuff for other lines... But that Crossbow intrigues me, and I am definitely giving the Pistol a shot, I don't know about the Sledgefire... seems like they tried to combine the single handed priming of the Hammershot, the triple barrel firing of the tripleshot, and shell ejecting/swapping from the BuzzBee rifles. It seems like they are trying too many things in one.

Edited by Griever 2112, 15 July 2013 - 08:16 AM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#22 ShaNayNay

ShaNayNay

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

It seems like they are trying too many things in one.

That's a perfect way to describe this blaster. I enjoy seeing Nerf trying out an absolver type blaster, but I feel like they are eliminating the potential through the use of shells and single handed priming. as revealed by the ranges of both the Hammershot and the Snapfire 8, single handed firing yields sub-par elite ranges, which may not be enough to launch three darts a significant distance. It does seem to have potential to be modified into an air tank based blaster while still keeping its break action, so it has that going for it.

New Jersey is fuckin weird

#23 MR MAPLE MANN

MR MAPLE MANN

• FNG1 
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

i just pick up a hammershot it isn't the best gun but it looks awesome so stop complaining people and i sure like it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users