Photo

A little help required on Longstrike modding.

Don't worry, it's not a stupid "how do I remove the AR

21 replies to this topic

#1 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi all, I've never modded a blaster before, but looking to get into it. I was thinking about buying the OMW Massacre Longstrike Kit, but it says that you cannot prime the blaster one-handedly after installation without it breaking. Is there an alternative that would allow you to one-handedly prime without breaking the blaster except for shotgun-primes?

#2 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:56 PM

Hi all, I've never modded a blaster before, but looking to get into it. I was thinking about buying the OMW Massacre Longstrike Kit, but it says that you cannot prime the blaster one-handedly after installation without it breaking. Is there an alternative that would allow you to one-handedly prime without breaking the blaster except for shotgun-primes?

The longstrike is reverse plunger and is no longer worth spending money for a OMW kit for it. I would look into A elite blaster with a direct plunger.

#3 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

The longstrike is reverse plunger and is no longer worth spending money for a OMW kit for it. I would look into A elite blaster with a direct plunger.

I already have direct plunger Elite blasters. If I asked how to mod it, I don't want an answer saying screw your current blaster and get a new one.

#4 foamboy31

foamboy31

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

I already have direct plunger Elite blasters. If I asked how to mod it, I don't want an answer saying screw your current blaster and get a new one.

The longstrike has a problem with the bolt sled flexing with a one handed prime. I would say if your dead set on a one handed prime just remove the ARs and pad the plunger tube and add lots of silicone grease. You could add a OMW spring but a one handed prime may be difficult.

Edited by foamboy31, 19 August 2014 - 09:08 PM.

#5 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Sorry wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Edited by Droid31, 19 August 2014 - 09:10 PM.

#6 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

There's an aftermarket website which sells an improved bolt with a larger priming bar listed here: http://www.xplorersg...&prodid=7163996
If I used this instead of the OEM bolt, would it make a difference?

#7 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

There's an aftermarket website which sells an improved bolt with a larger priming bar listed here: http://www.xplorersg...&prodid=7163996
If I used this instead of the OEM bolt, would it make a difference?

It might, but you could build something similar fairly easy and much much cheaper.

Edited by Droid31, 19 August 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#8 Scixer5

Scixer5

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

Putting in a stronger bolt will not prevent the bolt sled from flexing/snapping, no. Also, I believe coop did a commission for some one who wanted these type of parts in their blaster, and he said that they were expensive shit. the metal would tear up the rest of the blaster, and it wouldn't fix the problem. I don't know to what extent you want to mod it, but here is T da B's write up.

#9 Scixer5

Scixer5

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Here is the link to Coop's video. Make sure to read the description.

Edit: You also could look in the modifications directory. With a Quick look, this is what I found.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> Long Strike
::Dead Space Removal
::Brass Breech
::AT3K Tank Powered
::Hornet Tank Powered
::AT2k Tank Powered
::Nite Finder Internals Replacement
::In depth AR removal, Removable Stock
::Brass Breech Titan Internals Replacement
::CPVC Breech Titan Internals Replacement
::Bolt Reinforcement
::Homemade Internals

Edited by Scixer5, 19 August 2014 - 09:33 PM.

#10 Droid31

Droid31

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

Here is the link to Coop's video. Make sure to read the description.

Edit: You also could look in the modifications directory. With a Quick look, this is what I found.

>>>>> Long Strike
::Dead Space Removal
::Brass Breech
::AT3K Tank Powered
::Hornet Tank Powered
::AT2k Tank Powered
::Nite Finder Internals Replacement
::In depth AR removal, Removable Stock
::Brass Breech Titan Internals Replacement
::CPVC Breech Titan Internals Replacement
::Bolt Reinforcement
::Homemade Internals

COOPs video is of a longshot not a longstrike.

#11 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

If you really do like your Long Strike you can wait for the rumored Ranger one for possibly similar shell, or pay 75$ to get a DP LK from OMW, it'd surprise the crap out if everyone your playing with.
Heres the listing,
http://www.orangemod...ct_p/i-lst3.htm

#12 AMATHE821

AMATHE821

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

I just recently bought the longstrike massacre kit, and I have found that my blaster won't catch unless you use 2 hands. The way I do it is to put the stock against my stomach and to just quickly pull it back with both hands. I don't recommend even bothering to mod it. I get another maybe 15' or so. Like SDD said, just wait for the rumored ranger one.

#13 Scixer5

Scixer5

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

COOPs video is of a longshot not a longstrike.

But it is the same idea, with expensive metal parts in a plastic blaster.

#14 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

A lot of people have successfully taken Retaliator internals and put them into a Longstrike.
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

#15 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys, but all I want to do is get the kit, drop it into my Longstrike, and a find a method to one-handedly prime it. So any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

#16 DillPicklesss

DillPicklesss

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

I definitely feel where you're coming from, I've spent ages trying to get my longstrike's power to match its badass looks.
My advice would be to either get the OMW Massacre kit, knowing that you will probably have to reinforce the bolt sled or find some way to rig together a one-handed prime (you could attach string to both sides of the bolt around the back end of the longstrike so that you just have to pull back one side of the bolt and twist it to pull the other side that extra milimeter) OR just wait for the Immortal Longstrike kit to come out.

If you have the money, wait for the Immortal Kit.

Best of luck! :)

#17 rockinon96

rockinon96

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

I saw this as an alternative OMW kit for the longstrike, Sidewinder.

Elite Longstrike Kit

If you are willing to pay what it costs, I think it would be well worth it.

Also, It should be out either August 31, or sometime that week.

Plus signapore has something that you could use, and has very minor shell adjustment

recon style priming grip

Only drawback with this is that you would have to pay shipping, which depending on how much you get, it could be a lot

EDIT: the only thing you have to do is there is a little tab on the tactical rail towards the back, you would have to file that away.

Edited by rockinon96, 21 August 2014 - 01:22 PM.

I know. I was just busting your Muttonchops. It's just what I do.

#18 Kyhan

Kyhan

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:25 PM

As for the Bolt issues, according to this Xplorer product, the uneven one-handed priming and unnecessary stress is due to the size of the priming handle they give you with the stock blaster(4.3mm bar in a 4.8mm slot).

Theoretically, (assuming you don't want to pay out the ass for their priming bar), you can just get any metal rod that is ~4.75mm and mod that to be a new priming bar, which, due to the decreased slack in the blaster, should work with one-handed priming. Given, a pump-action mod would be much better, but I'm all for keeping the aesthetics of the blaster intact.

(I'm planning on refurbishing/modding/painting my friend's broken Longstrike for his birthday, so I've been following this thread).

Edit:
The 3/16" diameter Cold Finish Steel Round bars on this site should fit. You can get 2' for about $1.12 before shipping. For me, it'd be $13.90 with shipping, though. Seems like shipping is a flat-rate, so you might want to stock up on anything else you might need for mods too. Or you might be able to find it cheaper. Either way, it's a start—just look for 3/16".

Edited by Kyhan, 21 August 2014 - 07:05 PM.

#19 Snoop Doggy doge

Snoop Doggy doge

Fig you, Van

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys, but all I want to do is get the kit, drop it into my Longstrike, and a find a method to one-handedly prime it. So any help on that would be greatly appreciated.

For drop kits, wait for OMW direct plunger system LSK, massacre puts you on par with NIB elites practically, or get the overpriced Xplorer DP kit. It really depends what your using it for, but direct plungers where its at man.

#20 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:51 AM

For drop kits, wait for OMW direct plunger system LSK, massacre puts you on par with NIB elites practically, or get the overpriced Xplorer DP kit. It really depends what your using it for, but direct plungers where its at man.

What do you mean by NIB Elites, and could you give me an example?

#21 Kyhan

Kyhan

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:25 AM

What do you mean by NIB Elites, and could you give me an example?

New In Box Elites. Basically an elite blaster in its stock form, so around the 70-80ft ranges.

#22 sidewinder1911

sidewinder1911

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:38 AM

New In Box Elites. Basically an elite blaster in its stock form, so around the 70-80ft ranges.

Thanks for the info, and considering a stock Sonic Longstrike does 20-30ft, that's a pretty solid improvement, am I right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users