Nerf Snapfire 2015 teardown

oh snap..not very mod friendly

1 reply to this topic

#1 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

I recently picked up a Nerf Snapfire 2015, not to be confused with the Snapfire 8 from 2012.

Did a tear down on it to see what type of mods I can do to this thing. It's a pretty simple blaster and there isn't much to it. You can easily access the plunger rod, spring, and plunger head.

Unfortunately having further looks and test mods this thing is very mod unfriendly. Springs are not an issue as I have an assortment of springs that will fit. Even the spring from a hammershot fits. Problem is the catch. It is so weak that any spring stronger than stock it will not catch on the plunger head. The whole blaster is also solvent welded together so there is no way to get to the trigger and catch. It does have, what looks to be a giant AR which should be easy to get rid of, but what's the point if you can't upgrade the spring. Well I guess this blaster goes to the bottom of the bin for now. I was so hopeful, but now disappointed. Even the Mega Centurion would be more fun to mod.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 racer188

racer188

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:05 PM

You give up far too easily. With the plunger out, I stuck three corn-dog sticks down the barrel (in between the a/r prongs) and one tap with a hammer brought the entire restrictor/peg assembly out in one piece. The trigger/catch is removed exactly the same way as in a Jolt, and falls out through the front of the trigger guard.

Posted Image

Ohhhh.. well then.. challenge accepted. Let's see how much FPS I can get out of this bad boy. Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users