#1 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:32 PM

Date: April 21, 2012
Time: 10-Whenever
Where: Babbage Park: 2 Edison Avenue, North Brunswick Township, NJ 08902

View this map with a detailed legend in a larger window.

Rules:
-Eye protection is mandatory.
-No singled Titans/Cobras/etc. (of course you can bring them for fun)
-I would prefer if blasters that originally fire ammo larger than a mega have some sort of OPRV.
-Barrel taps are of course allowed.
-Gun hits count.
-Don't bring all Black or camo guns.
-No age limit, but if you're getting annoying we will tell you to leave.
-General duchebaggery will not be allowed, and we will tell you to GTFO.
-No shields, no exceptions.

Lunch:
Midday.

Trading:
I'm allowing open trade, however this is not an open invitation to bring all of your shit and try to pawn it off. If you're trading when your name is called for rounds and you don't notice, you will be left out for that round.

Dart restrictions:
Slugs. Don't bring shit ones. If you're concerned about their quality talk to me. Following the Mc#s guide is preferable to all other types.

What to bring:
-At least two primaries
-At least 1 springer pistol
-Stefans (I'd say over 200 since we like to get some objective games in)
-Water
-Lunch or money for lunch
-Stuff to trade (within reason)
-A friend
-A good attitude

Attendees:
Andtheherois +2
Griever + John
Popatachi
SlightlySane
TheSilentRebel
Redshot
LT DAN ICE CREAM
Heavyweight
Icy Sushi +1
Limitless
Langley
Nerfaholic

Maybe:
foamkiller
koolky +1
shoopy
Landstricker
KaptainKrazy
Big Modz +1

Edited by andtheherois, 20 April 2012 - 09:03 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#2 modsfornerf

modsfornerf

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

I am a maybe.
Check out my youtube channel My link
Also check out my blog: website

#3 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

What parks are you looking at as maybes?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 09:33 PM

So far, we've been doing Babbage Park in North Brunswick, NJ
http://maps.google.c...jersey&t=h&z=14

But today we used Bicentenial[sic] Park (apparently the secret to finding it on google maps is to spell it incorrectly)
http://maps.google.c...l park&t=h&z=16

I'm honestly not sure which park is preferred for what number of people. Bicentennial worked well with 24, but I guess Babbage has more room to spread out, outside of the area we usually play in.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 landstricker

landstricker

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

I have a slight chance of being there.

#6 Shoopy

Shoopy

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Put me down as a maybe Hero. Let me talk it out with my parents and I'll let you know sometime in the near future.
You know you all want to crouch like a tiger...

PA POWER Clan Is that all ya got?

#7 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 06:53 AM

I'm a maybe if it's at Babbage.

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#8 foamkiller28

foamkiller28

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:12 AM

I'm a maybe if someone can provide me with slugs at the war or wants to sell me foam now.
I rip out ARs with my teeth.

I open guns with my feet.

#9 Big modz

Big modz

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

Put me down as a maybe for me and another for my cousin.

#10 DX-Robert

DX-Robert

formerly DX

• Members
  • 679 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 12:38 PM

I am a maybe at this point.

I feel that Babbage is more balanced in objective gametypes (specifically carpe, VIP, and territories) while Bicentennial gets better straight up deathmatches. I think it's easier to make hits in deathmatches at Bicentennial - there are less routine trees to provide everyone with cover. At Babbage, you get more stalemates as people go tree to tree and avoid the open. However, those trees make for excellent objective gameplay because 3 sides have good options for attack and defense. Bicentennial is better when there's been rain, since it has sand rather than mud. Judging from my dart bags, it also returns more darts, since there were no leaves and the grass was short. I can't really judge which one scales better. Babbage is fun with about 16 people, but I don't know if there's ever been 24 there before. We can expand it into the second tree area, but there's not too much to do in the field. Bicentennial could have room to expand down the path near the woods, but I don't know what is back there. It also has a problem that the cars are parked right along the trees to the left, which makes carpe difficult since you don't want to shoot in that direction on defense.

United Nerf Ops - The premier northeast US nerf club serving the tristate area (NY, NJ, CT)
NYC Nerf Ops - Nerf in New York City itself
NJ Nerf Ops - Nerf in New Jersey
CT Nerf Ops - Nerf in Connecticut

UNO also has a Discord server, DM me on Discord to join (@vincentdrake)

-----------------------------------------------
My other groups:
Nerf Thrifters - A group for posting thrifts and other second-hand finds

#11 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:58 PM

As of now, We'll default to Babbage. If I can find a different park in the area We could try that. My idea was to just rotate parks every month.

@Kaptain Krazy I really don't understand what the difference in 5 minutes is. There were more out of state Nerfers at last Saturday's war than there were in state nerfers.

@DX Very valid points. At the (first?) NJNO we used the opposite side of the area we play in now. It had a lot less cover so for the subsequent ones we switched over to the other tree filled side. We may have to expand into that area if it gets too full.

The paths down lead towards the lake past the volleyball field and soccer fields past the framed path. The riverside might be usable, but come the summer, it might be harder to use the other path. I'm going to try exploring more parks to change it up.

If I can manage to assemble some mobstacles within the next 7 weeks, we could expand to other parks, or even expand to the open field in Babbage, and would make the open area in bicentennial better to use.

Edited by andtheherois, 05 March 2012 - 12:26 AM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Added this to the schedule thread. I don't think I'll be able to make this one, but if that changes I'll let you know.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 KaptainKrazy

KaptainKrazy

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

[quote name='andtheherois' timestamp='1330923526' post='312457'
@Kaptain Krazy I really don't understand what the difference in 5 minutes is. There were more out of state Nerfers at last Saturday's war than there were in state nerfers.
[/quote]

When I google mapped it, it said that there was an 30 minute difference. Strange.

the only mod you can have is the range extetder mod.

#14 Kryptonx

Kryptonx

• Banned
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

When I google mapped it, it said that there was an 30 minute difference. Strange.

I believe you are looking at Bicentennial park in Middletown,NJ. Langley and Hero were talking about Bicentenial Park in Milltown,NJ

Edited by Kryptonx, 05 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

Not that I don't need more grinding in my life.

#15 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:06 PM

I believe you are looking at Bicentennial park in Middletown,NJ. Langley and Hero were talking about Bicentenial Park in Milltown,NJ

The trick is to spell it incorrectly. The one we nerfed at is actually called Bicentenial Park with just the two 'n's. Or at least that's how it's labeled on Google Maps. You also could've just entered the address Hero posted in the thread, or paid any attention at all to what town the park is in. But it's cool. You had such a productive day with your ipad.

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#16 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

Thanks Langley. The sign at the park spells it with 3 n's so it's kind of odd. In any case the parks we would be looking at would be in North Brunswick/East Brunswick/Milltown area. So regardless they'd only be 10 minutes at most from Babbage.

Edited by andtheherois, 05 March 2012 - 05:33 PM.

The YooToobz
Photobucket

#17 foamkiller28

foamkiller28

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:28 PM

Could anyone provide me with slugs at the war?
I rip out ARs with my teeth.

I open guns with my feet.

#18 TheNerfGuru15

TheNerfGuru15

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:06 AM

Admission?

#19 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:22 PM

Admission?

You get to nerf all day for the cost of free, provided you bring your own stuff.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

#20 LT DAN ICE CREAM

LT DAN ICE CREAM

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Not looking too good for me to attend this one, but my situation may change in the next few weeks.

#21 koolky98

koolky98

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

put me down as a maybe i have to see whats going on and see if my friend can go let ya know the answer soon dude

#22 modsfornerf

modsfornerf

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I am now a definite and can we post what we have for sale in this thread?
Check out my youtube channel My link
Also check out my blog: website

#23 shandsgator8

shandsgator8

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm a maybe.

#24 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

I am a positively solid maybe, I don't see why I should not be able to make it but at this point I am almost certain I can make it.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

#25 RedShot

RedShot

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Sorry it double posted! DISREGARD!

Edited by RedShot, 18 March 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together!
[RedShot]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users