Modification and Paintjob Pictures

POST PICTURES ONLY. How hard is that.

5162 replies to this topic

#276 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 03:42 PM

If you can, try replacing the spring. The Tek Six is capable of decent ranges (in the Maverick Ballpark). You just have to work with it a bit.

But what kind of spring should i use? I only have a "lazertek" and "rapidfirerifle" spring and a couple of airsoft springs.
QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#277 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 11:25 PM

Try looking around for one that's the same size (you may have to cut it down to length, but that's okay) but a somewhat heavier gauge than the stock spring.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#278 TheCheatIsNotDead

TheCheatIsNotDead

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 12:39 AM

DirectThread, those are so SMEXY!!!

How do you make them look all battle-scarred and worn? It looks FANTASTIC.

Amazing job!

~TCIND
It is impossible to govern a country with 120 different types of cheese.

#279 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 08:29 PM

Posted Image

Thats my singled 3k blue. The turret was busted so I just slapped on a coupler to the air tank and I got this.
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#280 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:19 PM

Pimpdaddy, that is really nice. What sort of ranges are you getting? I have the same gun and was thinking about doing that.

#281 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 03:00 AM

A friend gave me this a few weeks ago and said "go nuts". I pretty much hate the maverick but I was bored out of my mind and sick today so I needed a distraction.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The typical modifications including restrictor and peg removal along with cutting some tabs off the cylinder frame pieces to allow it to flip out all of the way. I cut off the bottoms of the grip and replaced the stock forward site with the one from the Longshot sidearm.
I don't have any other plans for it. Probably going to give it back to my friend and tell him to play around airbrushing it.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#282 PiMpDaDdY

PiMpDaDdY

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:48 AM

Pimpdaddy, that is really nice. What sort of ranges are you getting? I have the same gun and was thinking about doing that.

I can get around 85-90 feet with 3 or 4 pumps. The pump is plugged. CaptainSlug WOW that it is a really nice maverick. How did it take you do that?
NerfMonkey:
I only ask because I'm thinking of trying these and it would suck if the balls got all covered with hairs after a while.

#283 Direct Threat

Direct Threat

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

DirectThread, those are so SMEXY!!!

How do you make them look all battle-scarred and worn? It looks FANTASTIC.

Amazing job!

~TCIND

A knife, the willingness to slip and cut yourself, as well as little care for the wellbeing of your gun. After that, the right colors, and a boatload of drybrushing and highlighting:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#284 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

Jesus, they're godly. Next paycheck will be going to you :P.

#285 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 01:46 AM

I really like the second one in your most recent post, Direct Threat. It's really col how you lined up those three cuts across the shell and turret so it looks like someone hit it with a sword from the side. Absolutely awesome.
----------||||||||)
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#286 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:34 AM

Those remind me of painting orc models for 40k. That was liek four years ago. then I found out nerf was cheaper lol.
QUOTE(WratH @ Sep 5 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.

Mmmmmm.... Pie

#287 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 03:06 PM

My SuperMaxx 750 with removeable stock that is a ramrod, shoots megas out of 21/32 brass. Soon to have a add on 750 on it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Ranges 90-105 feet on ten pumps.

Edited by JurassicPark, 20 November 2006 - 07:47 AM.

"Why can't we see shit? Thats not a good sign."

-My Dad

#288 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:37 PM

Is that attachment on the front so that you can shoot around corners?

Interesting idea.

#289 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 10:39 PM

I'm pretty sure it's the stock(see it in the second picture). The angle on the elbow pipe is too extreme for the dart to contour to it.

#290 funkyjake

funkyjake

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:34 AM

Mmmm, I dunno. It's attached to the barrel pretty clearly, and you wouldn't have to push the dart into the barrel past the bend...

but then again, I have no damn idea.

#291 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:46 AM

That is a stock that is a ramrod.

-My Dad

#292 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

Ranges 90-105 feet on ten pumps.

I give that gun a day of use before its broken.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#293 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:03 PM

Agreed. I would highly suggest you only pump that 750 about 5 times max. Those things have a hell of a pump for such a small airtank; even five may be more than necessary.

Just take it easy on the gun; you don't want the airtank of a gun of that caliber and value to pop (even if it is a new edition, it's still a great gun).
----------||||||||)

#294 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:11 PM

I know, I only did that five times, three for range test, two for shooting a cardboard box. (it pierced at 40 feet on ten pumps.) I usually pump it four.

Edited by JurassicPark, 20 November 2006 - 11:12 PM.

-My Dad

#295 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 11:56 PM

Then your ranges aren't accurate. Typically ranges posted are ones that you would use the average pumps for the gun, not overkill pumping it to get it to shoot 100's of feet. Nice mod though, 750's are the shit, I've always has spectacular results with my petged old and new editions.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#296 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 07:29 AM

Then your ranges aren't accurate. Typically ranges posted are ones that you would use the average pumps for the gun, not overkill pumping it to get it to shoot 100's of feet. Nice mod though, 750's are the shit, I've always has spectacular results with my petged old and new editions.

On the normal 3-4 pumps I get 75-80 feet.

-My Dad

#297 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:48 PM

Here's my new Longshot. It has a 10'' aluminum barrel that fits my darts pretty losely, but is still a way better fit than the original barrel. The only down side about the new barrel is that my darts jam with it, so I have to put the darts at the top of the barrel and let the dart slide into the bolt. I then push the dart further into the bolt so it's closer the plunger. This gives it maybe a 7-10' boost in range. You can't tell from the picture, but I finnaly got around to epoxing the front gun on. I tried super glue but it just wasn't sturdy enough. Now it feels even sturdier than the rest of the gun. With the new BBB spring I put in, it gets 70' flat consistently and up to 150' angled! It's my first gun to shoot past the century mark!
Posted Image

And here's my BBB. It was my first modified rifle and my first gun to shoot past the 50 foot mark. I was amazed by how much further it shot with just a crayola barrel. It has a tight fit with my darts but isn't enough t hinder the ROF. I also lightened the plunger by drilling a ton of holes on the large, winged-shape pieces on the plunger. I figured it was just dead weight. It shoots 57' flat consistently and up to 125' angled but doesn't have the accuracy my Longshot has.
Posted Image

#298 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 01:46 PM

I don't see how the difference in your range with your angled to flat shots, that is not possible, or it doesn't seem that way. I have seen BBBs used as primaries, and 60 feet isn't very good for a primary, unless the ROF is amazing. My AT1K gets 65 (flat, I'm not shitting you) and the ROF is much better than my BBB. And where did you get that alluminum?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#299 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:13 PM

I found this thing in a grocery store earlier this day. Modified it the moment i came home. Originaly it fired mega sized darts but now it fires micros. It is some kind of nerf knock of.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by anders, 26 November 2006 - 02:14 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#300 JurassicPark

JurassicPark

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 November 2006 - 02:17 PM

Anders, did you paint that?

-My Dad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users