Houston Area Nerf War 2015

Planning and Execution For The 2015 Houston Nerf War

5 replies to this topic

#1 uranium

uranium

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 11:59 AM

As the title says, this is the thread for planning a nerf war in the Houston area for the year 2015. I have not yet picked an exact date, or location and am open to any and all suggestions for either variable. What I do have is an abundance of blasters (still in stock form for now) and an abundance of darts (800 brand new koosh darts still in the packaging). I am brand new to running a Nerf War, but I do have experience with paintball scenario games which I will be relying on heavily for this first go around. With all of that said lets get onto possible locations and dates:

Locations: I have been looking more to the west side of Houston and into the Katy and Cypress areas. So far the list is as follows (address in parentheses): Bear Creek Park (Bear Creek Pioneers Park, 3535 War Memorial Dr, Houston, TX 77084), Cullen Park (19008 Saums Road, Houston, TX 77084), Nob Hill Park (10300 Timberoak Drive, Houston, TX 77065), and Terry Hershey Park (Link to Park Map as it is a very long and narrow park with many entrance points).

Dates: Looking in the March to April weekends. Easter is the 5th of April this year, so that date is out for most people. For a start, I am going to say that the tentative date would be March 28th, with a rain date of April 11th.

Game Types: Pretty much TBD at this point and will be dependent on turnout. If interest and participation is high enough, and if the location has enough trails while being sparse of bystanders, I will come up with a scenario game that will last 4 to 6 hours (honestly though, odds of this happening seem to be extremely low, but here's to hoping).

#2 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:13 PM

I'm in. April 11 is most likely a no-go for me, and March 21 is 100% impossible, but the rest of March and April for now are open. Bear Creek Park is pretty close to my apartment, so that works fine for me. The rest are farther, but by no means out of the question. I've texted JPRoth1980, and he said he's free whenever, so count us in.

#3 uranium

uranium

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:10 AM

So it looks like the end of March/first of April is out, so lets move this back a few weekends and make it April 25th with a rain date as May 9th. That gives more time to get more people interested as well. I don't expect that this will be a 50 person group, but the only thing stopping that is word of mouth. I have a bunch of friends that I am trying to get out to this event and if everyone does the same thing, this could be a great time. I have no familiarity with using facebook, however, I do know that people set up events using it and that might be an additional way to attract attention and get more people involved.

As for location, I do personally like Bear Creek park and it is near (~20 minutes) to where I am located as well. There is enough room to fit a rather large group and the areas that I am looking at aren't used that often.

#4 NerfSurgeon

NerfSurgeon

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

Did you guys pull the trigger on your plans? I'm highly interested in participating in a Nerf war here in Houston. Lately, I've been getting into the mod scene and would really like a community to interact with.

#5 zack0909

zack0909

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

If this goes through then I promise you that me and my friend will show up.

#6 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

How did you miss the thread that was posted in four days ago and find the one that was posted in three weeks ago?

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=26209

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users