post yo parks

4 replies to this topic

#1 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

Hey guys! I'm looking to host a war in the Chiraq area within the next month or so. I know you guys are out there, I just don't know why you aren't doing anything, I'm willing to host a war if you guys can feed me the parks you frequent, as I just don't have the time to scout any myself. I work in the Bolingbrook area, so I'm willing to travel as far south of the city as that.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#2 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Hey guys! I'm looking to host a war in the Chiraq area within the next month or so. I know you guys are out there, I just don't know why you aren't doing anything, I'm willing to host a war if you guys can feed me the parks you frequent, as I just don't have the time to scout any myself. I work in the Bolingbrook area, so I'm willing to travel as far south of the city as that.

The trouble is, there aren't any parks that we frequent. We've had a spotty history with the cops, so we've been trying (failing) to get a privately owned location. That's why Ryan and I haven't hosted any wars around here this summer. Down in Bloomington and up in Green Bay we've had wars without trouble, but that's not exactly Chicago area. That said, if you find a nice, privately owned spot around here, Ryan and I will be there for sure with hella war gear. If you find a nice public park and want to just hope for the best, we'll still probably come, but won't take the trouble to bring more than blasters and darts.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#3 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

When it was looking like we would have to move Apoc after getting kicked out of the park a few years ago, I looked into what would be required to nerf on private land without anyone actually owning any. Turns out LARPers have all this shit figured out already. They will usually rent out a scout camp for a weekend. Insurance is typically required, but for groups that aren't big enough to do that themselves, I've heard of groups forming BSA Venture Crews just for the insurance. It sounds crazy, but if it works for LARPers, it seems plausible. If nothing else, it's worth checking the schedule for one of these groups to see what sorts of parks they use. Admittedly, they need a lot less space and tend towards woods over open fields, but it's better than nothing.

http://www.nerochica...p?page=schedule

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#4 HiGhVoLtAgE1211

HiGhVoLtAgE1211

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:58 AM

im in the NW burbs of Chicago and i have been looking for awile to meet up and war. i would also be interested in helping plan and run events if anyone wants help. i have a TON of blasters and darts i wouldnt mind letting others use too. There isnt many groups i can find around me so i wouldlove to get in on this and start some games!

#5 orangeparkour

orangeparkour

Mostly Harmless Darts

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

Chicago wars would definitely attract a sizable group of Wisconsonites if you find a good location.
I hung out with Ice Nine once, and he thought I was pretty cool.
How to make Silicone Domes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users