My clip blaster design.

I call it: The Russian Replacer

Details.
. based on the Nerf Retaliator
. uses Xplorer stefan clips
. shoots stefan darts
. trippleshot spring
. top prime
. Rainbow catch attached to internal removable plungertube.
. swivle push clip release

Internals before paintjob.
(this was without the trippleshot spring)
Posted Image

#1227 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Repairs after bendgate:

Posted Image

Shameless video plug.
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#1228 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 06:46 PM

Horizontal printed pump grip

Posted Image

Pullback prototype

Posted Image

Edited by Ryan201821, 18 October 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#1229 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Streamlining the Double Rainbow. I use slightly less draw and slightly more pre-compression. That's with all my blasters, so I'm deviating from Koree's design a bit to increase strength and ease of assembly. Or I could be wrong. That's a possibility. Writeup soon.

Posted Image

With pistol grip and pump. Can be 3d printed or hand-manufactured.

Edited by Aeromech, 24 October 2014 - 08:09 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1230 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Posted Image
Available for purchase soon!

Edited by Ryan201821, 28 October 2014 - 09:07 AM.

#1231 Pacific

Pacific

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Tornadobow with custom made internals, made by archangel24. Extended draw, reinforcements, and such.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1232 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:02 PM

POPULAR

The +++blow:
Posted Image
Posted Image
It's a work-in-progress, but it's a working work-in-progress. The magazine retention and release mechanism works great, and should be adaptable to other, less ridiculous blasters.

Aside from a waffle-box-free pump grip, I want to add a valve system and associated trigger so that I can have 1 input tube rather than 3. Once I do that I can make a video of myself firing this thing until I lose consciousness, which will probably happen before I run out of ammo. Sadly drum mags do not fit in this rig, but the mechanism could be altered to make that happen in the future on similar blasters.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 02 November 2014 - 08:10 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#1233 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:30 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Coming to a war new you. The evolution of the Double rainbow I've been toying with for the last couple weeks. String stop makes this dry fire safe. Precompressed low draw plunger system gives this thing really good ranges, just under a traditional cocentric-force blaster. Barrel-slide lug in the front prevents this blaster from bowing out and splitting apart like I've seen other DRs have a tendency to do. Polycarb sideplates make it pretty strong and allow for an optic attachment if you're really lame like me. Writeup soon. I'm more pleased with this than I expected. Stock to bushing measurement is 18.5 inches.

EDIT: Yes, I've been whoring this thread but I've been on a building spree. There is another one coming soon I'll try to be more concise.

Edited by Aeromech, 09 November 2014 - 10:56 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1234 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

POPULAR

This +blow is only 1/3 as cool as the last one, but much more practical and adaptable:

Posted Image

I'm not crazy about the barrel setup --9/16" ID nylon nested in thinwall PVC-- as it seems much less efficient than the 0.548" sch80 PVC (IDK why some of it is .526" and some is .548", but I definitely used latter stuff), BUT nerf darts have super wide tolerances, and once in a while a dart would be too fat for the sch80.

Expect to see a version of this attached to ESLTs soon, and possibly some other blasters.

edit: I did, and it doesn't really work. I think the breech seal in this version is dramatically worse than the +++blow because the hole was printed in a perpendicular orientation. Next version will at least rely on a separate piece to seal in order to keep that hole in the right orientation.

Update 11/26/2014
Major design update. The main breech seal is printed vertically, and the junction is a CPVC T rather than a printed manifold. The seal is massively improved, and the magazines now fall out when released with gravity alone. The difference in seal is clearly noticeable as a blowgun, and it makes use with springers more practical. I still need to properly adapt this to an ESLT, but I tested the magazine and breech module on an ESLT with promising results.
Posted Image

Update 12-22-2014
I've built 3 of them now, and madea post on thingiverse. I gave them to a guy and his kids who sheared rods loose from their set-screwed location on 2 of them, and then fixed them without any help from me. It's pretty clear that using a set screw through a printed plastic piece into a plastic rod doesn't hold well. I wanted it to be easily adjustable but at least the rear piece is going to be changed to a fixed end mounted version.

Edited by KaneTheMediocre, 22 December 2014 - 09:09 PM.

RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#1235 makeitgo

makeitgo

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:08 AM

The Bloodlines have been Xrossed!

Posted Image
Unprimed

Posted Image
Half prime

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still a WIP. My latest endeavor/prototype. Inspired by the Mountain bike forks above (I mountain bike - Downhill/Enduro). Obviously, much tweaking and testing still needs to be done. Nothing has been 'set' as I'm leaving it with the ability to dismantle it for the eventual write-up.
"...he is one speedy bastard." ~ Cheyner

#1236 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Drev's Bullpup blaster with some Aeromech flair, currently in the "Trident" configuration, with reverse wye chopper designed to be used specifically with my removable clips. If you've used a chopper before, it works alright, the blaster itself still has some teething to do. Not war ready quite yet.

Edited by Aeromech, 03 January 2015 - 09:09 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1237 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Posted Image
Just some "slotless" pumpsnaps. First edition is on the top, second edition is on the bottom. They both work well, but the bottom one is 6 ounces lighter than the top one.

Posted Image
The "slotless" mechanism. I made a writeup on this like two weeks ago.

Posted Image
Ambidextrous stock with face guard.

Posted Image
Just because.

Edited by Aeromech, 09 January 2015 - 06:13 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1238 Drev

Drev

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

This is made of normal blaster parts, but it has been mostly homemade-ified beyonf recognition. It's an expanded hornet tank with a bike pump and pvc/polycarb shell. It shoots very hard.
Posted Image
Check out my blog: Fly Nerf

#1239 KaneTheMediocre

KaneTheMediocre

Belligerent Asshole

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Posted Image

I made yet another version of the BullPAC. The hope was for a smaller, easier to build, and more reliable BullPAC. I think the latter two worked out.

Major changes new stuff:
*Half inch plunger rod with o-ring seal
*2" Actual ID polyester plunger tube with well sealed plumbing
*O-ring check-valve
*Recurve bow arms
*Updated Purple catch handle

Better plumbing and an o-ring check-valve:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Another variation of the Purple-catch handle. The PullSCRTs use something very similar to this.
Posted Image

And, recurve bow arms:
Posted Image

As you can see from the above comparison, it doesn't look like I've revolutionized bow power just yet. I think I can make the bow arms a bit shorter with less forward bias, and hopefully make the bow cross shorter/more compact as well. Currently each bow arm is 24 degrees off perpendicular, I think maybe 15 or 18 would be better. Ideally, I just need to stop using plumbing supplies for my bow arms.

And here's another pic just because:
Posted Image

I'm very happy with the consistently good performance this blaster provides. The piston system has very little friction, and seals very well. Range is slightly greater than an ESLT, which is meaningless to most people, but lets just say I've got it shooting as hard as I want it to shoot.

The priming grip kind of sucks, and will be replaced with a 1" wye as was used on earlier, similar BullPACs. I printed that one as a temporary measure.
RAINBOW CLAN FTW
I'm Purple

My Half-Baked MHA Site

#1240 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
A bunch of boredom on a Sunday with neither football nor Nascar led to this. Stupid simple snap crossbow. I didn't even bother with routing the airflow. It just goes around the bow arms, which are one solid piece all the way through.

#1241 Xenomorph1320-D

Xenomorph1320-D

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Quite possibly the largest caliber homemade blaster the NIC has ever seen: Xeno Cannon!

Posted Image

Specs:
Class: Air Pressure
Caliber: 50.8mm (2")
Length: 27"
Firing Pressure: 30 PSI
Powerplant: One 12 volt Air Compressor
Capacity: 1 Xeno Slug
Rate of Fire: 2 rounds per minute
Range Flat: 75 Feet
Range Angled 45 Degrees: 110 Feet
Ammunition: Xeno Slug:
Posted Image

Edited by Xenomorph1320-D, 21 February 2015 - 12:51 PM.

In space No one can hear you mod.

#1242 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Takedown bitches! Still needs a trigger because I am missing one 25 cents screw for the trigger rotation bar. Has a 5.75 in draw, a full [k26] Spring, pump action, and can (theoretically) work with a barrel up to 10 or 12 inches. Only uses one eye-bolt to lock the two halves together, so this thing can be assembled without the use of any tools! Designed for close quarters nerfing and easy portability, this blaster weighs only 1 lb 12 oz, or 1.75 lbs, before the barrel and hopper assembly are added. Will be making a pullback version too, I really like this concept

Posted Image

With semi retained trigger and tool free removal screw.

Edited by Aeromech, 23 February 2015 - 09:22 PM.

Watch my shitty videos

#1243 Queen of Trash

Queen of Trash

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

I'll just leave this trash here. Could have studied for midterms, but nah, got too much uncut PVC.
It is just a trashy pump snap variant with a rotating speedloader attached at the front.
Posted Image
I also made this Aabow. I kinda like using this thing. Feels great to fire with a hopper. Also my "model" didn't want his stupid face shown.
Posted Image

#1244 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

ESLTs now in stock. 5 available colors to choose from.

Check out our sales thread.

PullSCRTs will be available by early next week.

Posted Image

#1245 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:01 PM

Lots of blasters now in stock! ESLTs, PullSCRTs, BullPACs, Aabows, HAMPs, and Silicone Dome Darts!

Check out our Featured Sales Thread.

Posted Image

Edited by Ryan201821, 01 April 2015 - 05:01 PM.

#1246 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

The rest of you guys suck! Triple post up in this bitch

Super rocket attachment. Loosely based off of Sorrow's turrets he used to sell.
Posted Image

Experimentation with "M600" command allowing you to change filament mid-print. Super rainbows, son.

Posted Image

#1247 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

Another refinement of the bullpup series. Not satisfied with the stock size. I've been trying out various designs and widths before applying foam padding.

Posted Image

The blaster is 23" long with the added 2" of stock. It could be 20" long and entirely functional but I prefer a bit more handle to shoulder length, as well as a 3.75" priming grip.
It still has slamfire and all previous features.

Posted Image

The bullpup is still shorter than my plusbow even after I shortened the plusbow by a couple inches to increase stability and accommodate for 12" sideplates.

Coop made a video on this blaster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SeaULOyy-0

The bullpup in his video uses a 3" PVC priming grip that was heated and shaped around the plunger tube. I've been doing some experiments with heating PVC to create more ergonomic priming grips.
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#1248 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

sub-optimal stock, blowgun attachment, cooler than your blaster.

Posted Image

#1249 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:55 PM

Old photo.

Posted Image

Rainbow-fied ESLT, exploded view.

Posted Image

Assembled. 27" long with some extra plungertube length.

Posted Image

Side-by-side comparison with a modified MIG design.

Posted Image
Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#1250 spencerak

spencerak

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

I Finally finished building my shorted pump snap.

Posted Image

It is just over 24" without a barrel. The design was inspired by Dan Beaver's Don Quixote and snakerbot's shortend pump snap. It also has an anti face diddle sheath.

Edited by spencerak, 17 May 2015 - 05:55 PM.

Holy shit it's Captain Slug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users