Photo

GEORGIA WAR: Chicken's APOC Prep

2 replies to this topic

#1 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:57 PM

With a group of us making the trek up to APOC in a few months, I figured we should start to prepare accordingly. Also, I need another NIC war before NoMNE.

Date: Saturday, May 30th, 2015

Time: First round starts at 10:00 am. Most of us will be there by 9:30. We play until 5 or so.

Posted Image

What to bring:

1) BLASTERS: Bring at least one reliable PRIMARY and a springer PISTOL.

- Blaster restrictions: DO NOT bring anything crazy overpowered. No homemade airguns or singled Titans/Hydro Cannons/drain blasters. If I deem your blaster to be too powerful, you will be asked to put it down.

- Pistols MUST NOT shoot above 70' flat. If you do not have a pistol that meets this requirement, one will be provided for you.

- Realistic blasters are dumb.

- If you need a blaster, most people will loan you one if you ask nicely.

- For this war, blaster hits WILL count.

- Melee weapons will NOT be allowed for this war.

- There will be NO barrel taps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) DARTS: You may use stock micros, stefans (slugs and domes), megas, discs, whatever. I recommend at least 200 darts per person.

- Dart restrictions: no 3/0s or “deathdarts.” All darts must have at least one inch of foam.

If you don’t have darts to use, you are free to use darts from the community dart box, but please pick them up with us and return them at the end of the war.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER:

- LUNCH, I would recommend a packed lunch so you don't waste time running out to get fast food, but you are free to do as you wish.
- LOTS OF WATER; I will have a cooler full of ice water for everyone to use.
- SUNSCREEN
- Eye protection: PRESCRIPTION GLASSES DO NOT COUNT AS EYE PROTECTION. You must be wearing something that completely covers your eyes. I don’t care if you’re over 18 or not, YOU WILL BE WEARING THEM.
- Money/Blasters for trading. We like to do a lot of this down here, so bring what ya got.
- Intelligence; don't be an idiot.
- A good attitude; don’t be a crybaby.
- Please do not bring any open alcohol, illicit drugs, or real firearms to this event.

- We are playing on private property, so PLEASE be respectful to the homeowner's property so we can continue to use this wonderful field.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POTENTIAL GAMETYPES:

FFA
Wingman
Deathmatch
Wildcard
Freeze Tag
Gunslinger
Carpe Testiculum
Headhunters
Jousting
Civil War

Any gametype rules can be explained at the event.

Raffle! We will be having one as per the usual. Please try not to bring absolute garbage. We will be doing it as a picked first = gets to pick what they want.

DINNER! If you are part of the awesome kids you will attend dinner with us at a nearby buffet/other restaurant.

Here's the Facebook event: https://www.facebook...52569351702513/

Attendees:

flyingchicken
Zaxbys
Nerfomania
Red
n00bman133712
Mellow
Margo
Spud Spudoni
Various SENC people

If you’re in the Southeastern U.S. and you’re interested in coming to this event, we’d love to have you! Here’s a video of a war we had last year:

Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by flyingchicken, 16 May 2015 - 08:59 PM.

I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

#2 Spud Spudoni

Spud Spudoni

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 09:17 PM

I'm in. Probably not for APOC though.

industrial designer

#3 flyingchicken

flyingchicken

• Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:55 PM

Location has been confirmed and attendance list has been updated!
I am so omniscient; if there was to be two omnisciences, I would be both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users