Photo

Broken Guns

16 replies to this topic

#1 YoyoBoy12

YoyoBoy12

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

My Retaliator is broken, the cock thingy won't go all the way, I've taken it apart and put it back together but it still won't work. Any help would be great:-)

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

Some pictures would help....
And maybe a little bit more detail....
S.C.U.N.

#3 Naturalman7

Naturalman7

• Contributors
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Details such as all the way forward and all the way back would be great. I have extensive experience with Recons and Retaliators; I might be able to help. If the slide is hard to pull either direction resulting in the slide not going all the way, the boltsled is probably just misaligned. Make sure that everything is in all the little sliding grooves. If it won't go all the way back and you've replaced the spring, it could also be because the spring's compressed size is too long.

Edited by Naturalman7, 23 November 2012 - 02:29 PM.

#4 YoyoBoy12

YoyoBoy12

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

I got the gun for my birthday (Nov. 15) and it broke on the 18th. The plastic piece on top would slide half way then stop, no amount of force would make it slide more. I took it apart and found out why it was broken, when I put it back together the plastic piece went half way and stopped, just as before, but this time it wouldn't go back. I took the gun apart and put it back together several times and I got the same result. I think I will just buy a new gun if I can't get this one fixed easily.

#5 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I took it apart and found out why it was broken

Why was it? If you don't tell us things, we really can't help you.

#6 cheyner

cheyner

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Must have rammed his cock in to hard.

Beaver's post claiming Kane's post claiming Demon Lord's post is correct is correct is correct.

Canadian Nerfers-R.I.P.

#7 lionhawk

lionhawk

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

It sounds like you have a misangled barrel. Open it up again and make the plunger tube align with internals pics from the internet. Also, make sure that your priming handle is connected to the breech.

#8 Aeromech

Aeromech

• Moderators
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

the cock thingy won't go all the way

Let me google that for you....
Watch my shitty videos

This is so ghetto but so awesome.

#9 pop tart

pop tart

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Heh. Heh. Cock thingy. Heh. Heh.
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Don't post unless you have something to say. Its like the entire first section of the Code of Conduct

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 25 November 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#10 quertyman

quertyman

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Did you remove all the locks? The locks could be screwing with the cocks. :D

Edited by quertyman, 23 November 2012 - 07:28 PM.

I have identified the problem: "maverick" -Daniel Beaver

#11 abowden

abowden

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:08 AM

I suggest you add lube, the cock will be able to move smoothly that way have you got parts misaligned?

Edited by abowden, 24 November 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#12 YoyoBoy12

YoyoBoy12

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

I think the pump is in the gun wrong because when I take the pump out the two halves go together easily, but with the pump in I have to force the two halves together. I can't figure out how to make the pump fit though... and stop making fun of cock thingy

#13 Crater

Crater

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

When you say "pump", what part are you referring to, exactly? The Retaliator doesn't have what most people here would call a pump. I thought you might mean the slide, but that's on the outside.

Do you mean the white cylindrical part (plunger tube) or the orange L-shaped piece (boltsled) in this picture? They both need to be aligned correctly to fit in the shell; are yours positioned like the ones in the picture?

Posted Image Photo credit: Greydon
Crater is a combination of a box and a dent in the ground. (Thanks Tangerle)

I'll stand on my head and gargle peanut butter for 70 dollars.

#14 Hammy

Hammy

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:21 PM

There is s lock on the bolt sked.
If you are a noob to blasters, which it sounds like you are. The lock on the boltsled can make blaster reassembley tricky.

I suggest that you remove the lock on the boltsled (there are 2 small screws, remove these, remove the small cover. Then remove the spring and plasstic piece, then replace the small cover and screws.

Then blaster reassembley should be easier.

#15 YoyoBoy12

YoyoBoy12

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hey guys I'm back... I was suspended for something. Anyway, to answer your questions, yes the gun looks exactly like that crater. Still doesn't work tho. Hammy I am not a noob but I am a novice, I know a lot of basic stuff. I took your advice and removed the locks, still doesn't work. Hopefully something will come up. Yes crater I meant the plunger tube :-)

Edited by YoyoBoy12, 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#16 Daniel Beaver

Daniel Beaver

HQRSE CQCK

• Moderators
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Please post pictures. It's very difficult to offer advice if we can't see what we're working with.

#17 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

OP was banned for being underage.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users