Where to get, and where not to get

331 replies to this topic

#301 snakerbot

snakerbot

Maker of Things

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:23 PM

Where do you get skirt seals from? I have looked every where but I can't find them.

9562k46 for a 1-1/4" PVC plunger tube.

#302 Jaynerf176

Jaynerf176

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

I've found brass very cheaply online, I haven't seen any at my local lowes or Home Depot

here's the site: http://brodak.com/bu...ass-tubing.html
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

That's not actually cheaper if you do any comparing.

Edited by Zorn's Lemma, 31 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

I do reviews and mod guides, check them out here: https://www.youtube....jtOQo09ejo7bHnQ

#303 Modded Brain 115

Modded Brain 115

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I found an extremely strong catch spring for Longshots on McMaster. Product #9657K56
(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your profile to help him gain world domination.
(")_(") (yes i found this on another profile)

#304 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

Useful shotgun absolver pieces: http://flexpvc.com/c...VC-Distributors

It's like a Hurricane ate a Tornado and shat out a Monsoon!!

#305 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

A absurdly strong spring for the retaliator: http://www.mcmaster....springs/=nqtjy1
Not so absurd springs for the elite guns: http://www.mcmaster....springs/=nqtkiq , http://www.mcmaster....springs/=nqtl1d (the ends of these when cut to the appropriate length will need to be closed)

#306 Boris99

Boris99

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

For those of you that live in Colorado, 1/2" Sch-40 CPVC can be found at ACE Hardware.
I like apples!

#307 GrandpaBoomStick

GrandpaBoomStick

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

I have found PVC Cutters at Harbor freight as well as O' rings and springs.
O-Rings: http://www.harborfre...ment-67554.html
Springs (catch springs and the little spring under the rails: http://www.harborfre...-set-67562.html

I am in Milwaukee WI but I know you can order online.

#308 Guest_CanadianMasterMods_*

Guest_CanadianMasterMods_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:02 PM

I finally found plumbers goop and decided to tell you where you can get your basic modding needs. (If not known) Any questions or comments are taken.

Plumbers Goop: ACE Hardware as far as I know, a purple tube.

PVC: Basic, at any hardware store I cant think of.

FBD: Called "Caulk Saver" in USA. At your local Lowes, and sometimes Home Depot. EDIT: Heh heh, FBR, sorry.

Hot Glue Gun and Glue: Basic, any hardware store probably.

Brass: The only place I can find it is at Lowes.

PETG: Clueless

Hacksaws and other blades: Should be able to find at any Hardware store.

Screwdrivers: Do I really have to say, same as above.

Ruler: Any store with school supplies, honestly can't remember.

EPOXY: I think Lowes

PVC Cement: At any hardware store probably.

Ok, anything I missed, just post below. Now you can start to mod!

Where do you get springs?

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

There are a plenty of places in this thread alone where it is stated where to buy springs. In addition, there are also dedicated threads to places to buy springs in Canada as well.

Edited by Zorns Lemma, 20 July 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#309 prophetofmtnDEW

prophetofmtnDEW

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

Hey everyone, not so sure if this is a necro, but I have a valid question so oh well.

I was wondering if the Tundra brand FBR sold at home hardware in Canada would work for micro stefans, and if it were to work, what size should I buy?
Thanks, ProphetofmtnDEW.

EDIT: it comes in 5/8, 7/8, and 3/8 OD sizes.

Edited by prophetofmtnDEW, 26 December 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#310 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hey everyone, not so sure if this is a necro, but I have a valid question so oh well.

I was wondering if the Tundra brand FBR sold at home hardware in Canada would work for micro stefans, and if it were to work, what size should I buy?
Thanks, ProphetofmtnDEW.

EDIT: it comes in 5/8, 7/8, and 3/8 OD sizes.

You answered your own question. Micro darts are 1/2" diameter. Old megas are 5/8", and ne MEGAs are 3/4". So no, those sizes are not going to be very useful for you.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#311 prophetofmtnDEW

prophetofmtnDEW

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 03:03 PM

You answered your own question. Micro darts are 1/2" diameter. Old megas are 5/8", and ne MEGAs are 3/4". So no, those sizes are not going to be very useful for you.

So theoretically, I could make old style mega stefans with this FBR, but what pipe would you recommend to shoot them out of? Have people made stefans with this size before?

#312 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

So theoretically, I could make old style mega stefans with this FBR, but what pipe would you recommend to shoot them out of? Have people made stefans with this size before?

Yes, in fact there have been a couple of recent east coast wars where the only darts allowed were megas. Typically, we use 1/2" Sch 40 PVC to shoot them. It is pretty much perfect, and fits in the same couplers we use for most other barrels.

#313 prophetofmtnDEW

prophetofmtnDEW

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:18 AM

Yes, in fact there have been a couple of recent east coast wars where the only darts allowed were megas. Typically, we use 1/2" Sch 40 PVC to shoot them. It is pretty much perfect, and fits in the same couplers we use for most other barrels.

Ok, thanks. I bought the foam and have already cut the roll into 155 blanks. But there is one problem, I can't find any 5/8" felt pads, only 3/4 and 1/2". Do you have any recommendations for a dart head for this foam? I don't really want to make glue/silicone domes because I've heard they hurt more and aren't as safe. That and no one that I know of makes dome molds that big.

#314 Birch

Birch

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Ok, thanks. I bought the foam and have already cut the roll into 155 blanks. But there is one problem, I can't find any 5/8" felt pads, only 3/4 and 1/2". Do you have any recommendations for a dart head for this foam? I don't really want to make glue/silicone domes because I've heard they hurt more and aren't as safe. That and no one that I know of makes dome molds that big.

I have made 5/8 mega stefans before, and I just used 1/2 felt tips. They worked pretty well, but using something 5/8 in diameter would have been better. I would recommend getting some fairly thick craft foam and a section of 21/32 or 5/8 brass, and using it as a die to punch out pieces of craft foam. Adhere the tips to washer, and adhere that to your foam, and you've got a mega slug dart. If you could find adhesive backed craft foam that would be even better.

#315 prophetofmtnDEW

prophetofmtnDEW

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

I have made 5/8 mega stefans before, and I just used 1/2 felt tips. They worked pretty well, but using something 5/8 in diameter would have been better. I would recommend getting some fairly thick craft foam and a section of 21/32 or 5/8 brass, and using it as a die to punch out pieces of craft foam. Adhere the tips to washer, and adhere that to your foam, and you've got a mega slug dart. If you could find adhesive backed craft foam that would be even better.

Ok, thanks for the idea. I will see if I can find some craft foam when I go out today. I don't think my hardware store sells brass though. Anything else I could use to punch it out? I live in Canada so I can't use McMaster, and I'd prefer not to order online to save shipping costs.
EDIT: I actually couldn't find craft foam, it was sold out, but I did find some felt sheets, any idea how I could punch circles out of that?

Edited by prophetofmtnDEW, 04 January 2015 - 05:05 PM.

#316 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Ok, thanks for the idea. I will see if I can find some craft foam when I go out today. I don't think my hardware store sells brass though. Anything else I could use to punch it out? I live in Canada so I can't use McMaster, and I'd prefer not to order online to save shipping costs.
EDIT: I actually couldn't find craft foam, it was sold out, but I did find some felt sheets, any idea how I could punch circles out of that?

The same kind of method with the tubing should work. Instead of brass, though, get a small section of 1/2" copper pipe. It has a 5/8" OD as well, and should be much easier to acquire. Once you have it, sharpen the edge by filing it down at an angle. You should be able to cut circles from foam or felt by twisting it down.

#317 Brad

Brad

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:18 PM

Even though Home Depot and lowes sells FBR you should try finding foam in the trading section of the forums where you can get really good quality foam

#318 MysteryMan

MysteryMan

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:14 PM

I was looking for clear pvc, and found 2" on amazon but they are out of stock. Is there any other sites I can order from that ship to Canada?
If your not bleeding your not modding right

#319 The2ndBluesBro

The2ndBluesBro

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

I was looking for clear pvc, and found 2" on amazon but they are out of stock. Is there any other sites I can order from that ship to Canada?

Contact Curly if it's for sale on McMaster as he has offered to act as a middleman for McMaster sales to Canada, for a very, very modest fee.

Edited by The2ndBluesBro, 28 September 2015 - 04:42 PM.

Nerf, Gaming, knives: https://www.youtube....FjcObRZTl2KReDQ

#320 Remzak

Remzak

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

I have been using Teflon tape to make seals in plunger tubes. It can be found at Lowes or pretty much any hardware store. From my tests it creates much better seals than the tape under the o ring method for spring blasters.
Unnoficial "Drone" Expert

#321 DjOnslaught

DjOnslaught

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 05:00 AM

Is the tubing used in air guns such as the Titan and Hornet the vinyl tubing mentioned earlier in this thread?

#322 blitz

blitz

• Members
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:52 AM

Is the tubing used in air guns such as the Titan and Hornet the vinyl tubing mentioned earlier in this thread?

Probably somewhere. I get mine from Lowes, which means it's probably at Home Depot as well. Take your stock tubing with you to find a close substitute.

That said, I swear by 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD flexible PVC tubing glued down with PVC cement. It's usually in the isle with the PEX and drain parts. Plus, they should have the tubing and the tiny fittings for the replacement tubing there too. 

Blitz, member of the FNBS
"sexual innuendo no intendo"

#323 Brsd1961

Brsd1961

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hi,  My son tells me that he somehow lost ALL the shell screws for his "Magnus".  Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement set, or if not, what size and type of screws are used by the magnus, please?

He has a learning disability and is quite upset.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Brsd1961

#324 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hi,  My son tells me that he somehow lost ALL the shell screws for his "Magnus".  Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement set, or if not, what size and type of screws are used by the magnus, please?

He has a learning disability and is quite upset.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Brsd1961

Let me pull a few screws from one of mine and check, but I am pretty certain that I can supply you with screws from any number of blasters to help him get it back together.  I have totally done this myself, so I understand his frustration.

#325 skullface44

skullface44

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 07:42 PM

Thanks,

Brsd1961

#4 sheet metal screws fit in some blasters. Iv never used them on a magnus but its worth a try if you cant find any. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users