Epic Summer War Part 5

Bringing WA to a whole new level of sexiness

51 replies to this topic

#1 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:16 AM

That's right, were bring Washington to a whole new level of sexiness.

When: July 31 ( Saturday )

Where: MerryMoore Park

Meeting Place: Windmill area

Start time: 10:00

Rules:

Eye protection is mandatory
No Head shots
No singled titans
No pump plugged BBBB/Lbb/Spy Gear Launcher with single barrel
No blaster that can go over 150'

Everyone brings at least one blaster and Stefans. (I don't mind sharing my guns with friends I'm trying to get into nerfing or new guys who want to give it a try, but it"s getting a bit out of hand lately. I noticed after the last war some of my guns are really taking a beating. I don't mind sharing at all especially if giving someone a try kicks up their interest but some of you are bringing your own guns and not even using them; you're just grabbing mine for the day. Don't forget, half the fun is what we each bring to the game as well as playing the games. It's different for Zombies, I know a lot of you don't have low powered guns but thats an easy fix, get a maverick, raider or fury fire, etc. and don't overkill on the mod.)

Game types:

Death Match
Zombies
Medic
NF push
CTF
Pistol Round
Ammo Depot
Civil War
Pimp
And any other game types you guys would like to try

Attendees

Dayko + 1
Nisaburo
Staticforce7
tuna the fish
Darth Freyr
pvt. butters

Maybes

TaerKitty
Used Man

Edited by Dayko, 30 July 2010 - 02:17 PM.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#2 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:21 AM

Ok, gonna request THIS one off. I hope.

#3 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

I'm my usual maybe. Will be able to give a solid answer about a week out from the outing. By then, I should have anti-Battlemax strategies in place (chief among them being in the US while TantumBull is overseas...)
Fugly is a feature.

#4 used man

used man

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Put me down as a maybe too, ill give you a solid answer in a week or two.

#5 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:46 PM

Wyes at PlumbingSupply.com are $1.44 each, but shipping will cost minimum $5 (for 1 lb) up to $10 (for 5 lbs).

I don't want to go into business selling wyes - too much hassle and time. However, I'm open to group-buying with people who will be attending Effeminate V and splitting shipping costs.

I know I said I'm a 'definite maybe' for Effeminate V, but if we commit to this, I'll be sure to drop by to distribute the orders (assuming I'm the person who ends up ordering the stuff) even if I can't Nerf with you all. And, if I'm not the person doing the ordering, I'll be sure to PayPal for my share and pick it up at the next war.

In case you're wondering, "why not do this for Effeminate IV?" I know it's almost two weeks away, but given shipping lead time and all, that gives us only a week to get our act together. Also, it looks like Effeminate IV will be lightly attended. Doing this for Effeminate V gives us a better chance to get more people in on it, and gives Darth Freyr, Nisaburo and Broderick a chance to get in on the fun. Tantum, if you want in, I'll spot you the money until you get back.

Lastly, if you had bad experiences with PlumbingSupply.com or want to go with another supplier, feel free to say so. It's not like I get commission from them or anything.

==

Edit: I'll offer to be the person doing the ordering unless someone else wants to step forward. I'm going to put in the order more than a full week before, Thursday 7/22 (my Friday will be hell and I don't want to blow this.) We'll split the shipping proportionally to the number of wyes you get, so if you order 5 to my 10, you pay 1/3 the shipping cost, whatever that will be. These rules are negotiable, but not in PM - let's air our opinions in the open.

As I said, I'm offering only until someone else wants to do it. In fact, I'll be grateful if someone else steps up.

I'm in for 10 of them, just to start the ball rolling.

Edited by taerKitty, 06 July 2010 - 07:14 PM.

Fugly is a feature.

#6 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:57 PM

I would be down for a group buy on some wyes. I just hope these don't become dominant in our games.

#7 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Whoa shit. Triple post. That's never happened before. Sincerest apologies.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 06 July 2010 - 06:31 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#8 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

Yes, me again, demanding attention. Actually, there was an internal server error, so I'm going to refer you to the next post I made (see below). Thank you.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 06 July 2010 - 06:31 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#9 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:30 PM

I'm out for this one, I'll be back in MN. Still hoping to make the one on the 17th and the one after this (hopefully later than August 16th, that's when I get back *nudge nudge*).
V

#10 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Yeah, I'd buy a few wyes if someone was to order a bunch. I've been meaning to post a WTB thread for some, but it's such a small thing, eh.
I'll be finished up with my baseball camp (That's ironically in Seattle, up at the UW) by the 26th, and Kyle gets back from D.C before then, so it seems like the 31st should work. Put me down as a maybe.
Oh, and I just got 400 red blanks from Mrcrouse, so I should have plenty of darts this time around so long as I can get some slug materials from McMaster.

Edited by Broderick, 06 July 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#11 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:27 AM

Updated the first post. I wouldn't mind paying for two or three wyes, I'm in. I know I said this in the Effeminate Summer 4 thread but I thought I would say it here too. We should start the contest at this war since there will be more people at this one then at Effeminate 4. Is everyone cool with that?

#12 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:30 AM

Updated the first post. I wouldn't mind paying for two or three wyes, I'm in. I know I said this in the Effeminate Summer 4 thread but I thought I would say it here too. We should start the contest at this war since there will be more people at this one then at Effeminate 4. Is everyone cool with that?

I'd be fine with that; I'm going to start work on a Longshot here soon, so if I can get that working and everything, maybe I'll enter that. But yeah, only time will tell. So does the contest consist of modifcations only or does paint earn you brownie points?

#13 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:41 AM

I'd be fine with that; I'm going to start work on a Longshot here soon, so if I can get that working and everything, maybe I'll enter that. But yeah, only time will tell. So does the contest consist of modifcations only or does paint earn you brownie points?

I think paint will earn you points in the Cleanliness/Cosmetics category.

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

I'll be in Germany. Have fun guys.

#15 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:05 AM

I'm good with the mod contest starting at ENS V. Tantum, you will be greatly missed.

#16 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:39 AM

I'll be in Germany. Have fun guys.

Dang ;) . I'll see ya at Effeminate 6.

#17 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

Amen. I'll miss you, Tantum.

So, Effeminate VI is still Aug 21 as per the original Effeminate thread? Will it be at Marymoor again, or can we piss off the golfers at Crossroads instead this time?
Fugly is a feature.

#18 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:49 PM

So, Effeminate VI is still Aug 21 as per the original Effeminate thread? Will it be at Marymoor again, or can we piss off the golfers at Crossroads instead this time?

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I had replied already.

How does everyone feel about doing this for the final two wars: Having them on the August 21 then on the 28, so we have a back to back. Does that work for everyone? If that doesn't work then we could do the VI on the 21 then do the VII on the 11th of September. Give me your feedback and lets make the last two wars a huge Effeminate WA turn out!!!!!

#19 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

So, Epic VI is still Aug 21 as per the original Epic thread? Will it be at Marymoor again, or can we piss off the golfers at Crossroads instead this time?

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I had replied already.

How does everyone feel about doing this for the final two wars: Having them on the August 21 then on the 28, so we have a back to back. Does that work for everyone? If that doesn't work then we could do the VI on the 21 then do the VII on the 11th of September. Give me your feedback and lets make the last two wars a huge Epic WA turn out!!!!!

Having them back-to-back like that may be a bit much - people who work weekends may have a hard time asking for two weekends off in a row. Also, people with lots of family obligations (that's me) will likewise have similar difficulties.

So Epic V will still be at Marymoor, then?

Edited by taerKitty, 17 July 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Fugly is a feature.

#20 nisaburo

nisaburo

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

Confirmation on my schedule, I'll be there!

#21 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:32 AM

Idea for Epic V - a stock round. (No, stock Splats don't count.) Stock blasters, stock ammo. As much as I love modding, this may be interesting just because it'll put the emphasis back on the Nerfer.
Fugly is a feature.

#22 Staticforce7

Staticforce7

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:02 PM

Hey I'm in but put me down as a maybe!

#23 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

It's looking better for me - family is okay, but as before, I'm working a double shift the night before so I may be thrashed.
Fugly is a feature.

#24 Broderick

Broderick

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

It's looking better for me - family is okay, but as before, I'm working a double shift the night before so I may be thrashed.

Get the new Monster Nitrous drink! It has Nitrous Oxide in it!
...No, I got one a couple days ago and it tasted horrible, while giving me a massive headache.
I'm still on for Effeminate V, can't wait to see this mod contest. <_<
I probably won't have anything to contribute, apart from maybe a BBB if I get my ass out to buy and mod it.

#25 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 01:13 PM

(Probably better for the awareness thread, but I want to mod it and bring it to one of the Epic wars, so I'm hoping it qualifies as on-topic.) Where the heck do we buy 4Bs in the PNW?

Also, to work around the Eff'ing bug, use the following hack-around:
[b]E[/b]pic
or
[i]E[/i]pic

Fugly is a feature.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users