Photo

Stryfe Battery Question

1 reply to this topic

#1 Anole

Anole

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

I have recently bought IMR Batteries and have only put about 30 rounds through my Stryfe before the Thermistor shut down my blaster. I will rewire my Stryfe over the weekend, but I was wondering: Is it safe to run a Stryfe on four IMRs for long term usage? I'm using the stock motors. Thanks!

Edited by Anole, 09 October 2014 - 09:10 PM.

"...your local chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Local Free-range Organic Butt Touchers like Beavs" ~ Langley
NCRV- Are you in?

#2 Lunas

Lunas

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

I have recently bought IMR Batteries and have only put about 30 rounds through my Stryfe before the Thermistor shut down my blaster. I will rewire my Stryfe over the weekend, but I was wondering: Is it safe to run a Stryfe on four IMRs for long term usage? I'm using the stock motors. Thanks!

I would not there is a rather steep curve upward on noise from these motors. I would run on 2 or 3 but personally i run 2 and keep 2 charged for when the first 2 are exhausted.

If you need a battery blank i made my own using a sheet of paper and a solid core wire down the center with a coil on either end. I simply rolled a piece of paper around a wire until it was as thick as a AA then put glue on either end then stripped the wire ends and coiled them to form terminals... i have 2 one that is 2 AA end to end long one that is a single AA long removes and sits just as a battery would.

Edited by Lunas, 09 October 2014 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users