Nerf Tank

I will be buildin a Plywood tank for Nerf wars

44 replies to this topic

#1 re link

re link

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

This thing will be awesome... 10' long by 5' wide by 6' tall w/ turret or 3' tall w/out turret
4 hatches and 1 turret
Side View:

..........s..___
..........s..|_.|
.._______|___|_______
./............................\
<.............................>
.\___________________/
DESTROYER OF ALL WORLDS
PROTECTOR OF ONE

Never going to happen

.._G__T
./__\_[]
O......O

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

Seriously? A nerf tank?

How is it going to be propelled? Who's going to allow it at a war? Why is it even necessary?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:16 PM

Why thats just nifty. It really wouldn't be hard to build. Although I see no purpose for it, it would be cool just to put in a field as a sort of an obstacle/wall/ctf base.

If this actually develops you have to paint a giant Nerf logo on the side.

Is it meant to just sit there, or do you actually think your going to build a working, moving, Nerf dart shooting turreted tank?
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#4 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:34 PM

I personally hate flaming people and blatant critisism of an idea without any usedul advice, but I'm gonna have to change my standards in this situation.

THIS THREAD IS AN Effeminate PHAIL
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#5 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:56 PM

You can use it if i can bring my francesca axe. But seriously, go to a nerf war. You will see that tanks would not things more fun for anybody. If you watch several of the nerf war videos from the NIC, you will see that dodging and being maneuverable are important.

If you had searched, you would have discovered the opinion of tanks in nerf without getting flamed.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#6 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 03:59 PM

Please. If I saw this, the first thing I would do is run full force at it, break it/knock it over, and blast whoever was inside. Fuck 3-15, whether I got shot or not, I would be so offended by this, I would be unable to control my urge to destroy it. In conclusion, I concur with shadowkid33.

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:16 PM

Please. If I saw this, the first thing I would do is run full force at it, break it/knock it over, and blast whoever was inside. Fuck 3-15, whether I got shot or not, I would be so offended by this, I would be unable to control my urge to destroy it. In conclusion, I concur with shadowkid33.

Overreact much? Yeah, it's silly. But that wouldn't give you the right to destroy it, no matter how much you were "offended".
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:22 PM

Haha, yeah a little, but still. What am I supposed to do with that? I can't rush at it. I can't stand back and pick them off from a distance. I can't wait for it to move out in the open. The only other way to defeat it that I can see is destruction. Its invincible otherwise.

#9 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

I would just put a plywood frame on a tricycle. Not too overly complicated.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#10 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Two words: golf. cart.

You could probably used this for a scenario match and use titans/LBB/BBBBs as anti-tank weapons, but I'm not a big fan of objective-based matches. Other than that, I so no practicality in a nerf tank, but by all means, don't let us stop you. Build it and rain foamy death upon whoever you see fit :lol: . That should be the objective of every nerfer. Nerf on.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#11 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 04:59 PM

If it were made of cardboard, high powered nerf weaponry would just cluster fuck it. It would make it's passengers less mobile, and they would have less of a field of view. Bunker buster grenades thrown inside, or those lanard grenades would also screw anyone inside.

Nerf wars are not supposed to resemble real wars. They are more about sprinting, dodging, aiming, and reloading. NOT sneaking, snlping, hiding, or being protected by some sort of tank. Seriously, go to a nerf war, and see what would be useful and what would not.
QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#12 cheesypiza001

cheesypiza001

• Members
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:17 PM

You could use a life-size half golf-cart half toy car ( Link ). Maybe if you took the roof off of the toy jeep and added vulcans to the back seats (one on each side), then the passenger would have say a Longshot, and the driver had a pistol.sticking out the side and carrying massive amounts of ammo. The toy vehicle could be spray painted camo with a large nerf logo on the the side along with a dart tag logo too. The titan rocket could be the "anti-tank weapon." Each team would have one designated "tank driver."

It looks quite similar to this military jeep Link

This would also make the game more practical and fair due to the toy vehicles greatly low speed. It would increase the fun even more in my opinion if everyone has some walkie-talkie or some means of communication. The teams would have to obviously be on different channels as to not give away the enemy positions. Maybe this could become a new game type if other people like the idea.

This is a funny idea, but i think it is defiantly worth a try. If anyone has a toy vehicle and would like to experiment , please try it out at a war with your friends, and tell us if it works, and if it has any real Nerf war potential.

-Cheesypiza001

Edited by cheesypiza001, 12 November 2008 - 07:14 PM.

#13 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:26 PM

THIS THREAD IS AN Effeminate PHAIL

Well... so is your spelling.
On topic: This would HAVE to be florescent or some onlooker would freak out. Although you could make it out of a go-cart and have a titan on top and a vulcan underneath like a real tank.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#14 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:31 PM

Heh. Today at school I saw a golf cart, and was imagining how fun it would be to drive around at a nerf war firing a RF20 with your other hand. Or even better, to "hijack" a golf cart. The only way it would be fun is if it was with a golf cart, since otherwise it would be impossible to hit the driver.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#15 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:49 PM

Well I've done this with a wheelchair in underground parking lot.
oh by the way: CARS HURT!!!
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#16 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 05:50 PM

Hmm your golf cart idea gives me a thought for the next gcno. I knew I'd think of something to do with my 2 golf carts and my go kart.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#17 Foamfoot

Foamfoot

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:23 PM

You live across the country from me, but you are hereby banned from any wars that I host.

As for rules, maybe just have a certain number of hits before the tank and everyone in it were destroyed. Or you could make it a rule that if any dart goes in the hatch, everyone dies.
Pro-pants
(Unofficial) Wii thread
QUOTE(Bedhed117 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

Damn it Foamfoot. Why is it that you kill every good topic with a retarded response a few days late.

#18 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

You live across the country from me, but you are hereby banned from any wars that I host.

Yeah this is a slight over-reaction on my part but let me explain. My deep rooted dislike for plywood tanks comes from my paintballing days. I played a reenactment of the Battle on Hoth from Star Wars, and similar structures were used to represent AT-ATs. They were much more rudimentary in design than what has been proposed here, and were still impossible to take down. Seriously. It took us like 2 hours to get everyone inside of that thing out, and there were only 6 people in it. Versus like 15 outside of it. With semi-automatic weaponry. Firing all at once. Did I mention 2 hours? It would be the anti-fun if used in a nerf situation, because nothing would be effective against it. You could create some kind of special rule system, but it would be really hard to make balanced.

#19 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:03 PM

Simple solution. Target holes drilled in the sides. That way you have a chance of getting a shot inside the tank. You could either run up and if you can get close enough you can dip your hand in and take out the operator or if your shooting skills are up to par you could do it from a distance. If the thing is impenetrable then this kills the fun of the game. If there were rules hits till death. then someone would need to keep track of that. also you would have to expect for the structure to be taken down fast in that case.
If it were like 30 shots till it was blown I'd just load up a couple magstrikes and pummel you with darts.

I'm thinking such a structure would need to be stationary tho. And of course it would not be allowed unless there were one for each team unless it were an assault type scenario.

I just noticed you're in WA. If you actually intend on building one of these and bringing it to a war you might want to talk with one of the local guys that organize the wars around here (me being one of them) before bringing it. If the majority of the guys aren't down with it it will get no play time.

Edited by Blacksunshine, 12 November 2008 - 07:09 PM.

Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#20 nerfer34

nerfer34

• Members
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 07:13 PM

I've always wanted to make one too. Go for it! Even if it doesn't move who cares, it'd be sick.

Put a vulcan on top of it along with an RF20. Then stick a titan in the front.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->God Damn it Groove, you stole my kill.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->-OMC

#21 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:46 PM

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole!

Well I've done this with a wheelchair in underground parking lot.
oh by the way: CARS HURT!!!

Offtopic: You go hit by a car?!?!?!?

On topic: Are you done making it yet?
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#22 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:50 PM

On topic: Are you done making it yet?

How the fuck could he make it in about 6 hours?

I highly doubt this will work. Good luck.
TMC

#23 tennis8668

tennis8668

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:54 PM

Making something like this is a lot easier said than done.

On a different note, I think it would be cool to take a simple RC car toy and integrate a vulcan on top. Rewire the vulcan so that the car remote control can fire it. Then, put it on a circular platform above the car that could be spun with a motor via the same remote control, and you've got pretty cool weapon.

Of course, I have never been to a war, so my idea is probably just Effeminate fail and would not be fun at all in an actual war, but it's interesting to think about, considering how simple it would be to accomplish.

Edited by tennis8668, 12 November 2008 - 08:54 PM.

#24 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:14 PM

This is a concept thread. Concept threads are generally extremely erotic here.

It is about a nerf tank. Nerf Tanks are generally extremely erotic here.

Also, A plywood tank would be useless in a nerf war. It would be bulky, slow, and would only be useful for people who would camp anyway. If I saw a plywood tank I would just ignore it and work around it. It can only be in one place at a time.

A cardboard tank would be dangerous. It encourages the use of high powered nerf blasters that have the potential to hurt someone who is not wearing the cardboard armor. Also, darts have been know to come apart, leaving the smaller and more dangerous head to hurt someone inside upon penetrating the tank.

Lastly, I don't think you'll actually build it. This concept has been around for a long time and nobody has done it yet because of the necessary investment of money and time. It's dumb.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#25 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:23 PM

The only way I can see this working would be to take a golf cart and add some plywood into the mix to give it more of a tank feel, but not enough that its occupants were fully protected. Then, the tank would be "destroyed" by something like a Titan Missile. That way, the tank and its occupants are far from invincible, and would really have to work to make it effective.
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users