New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Finally some news everyone wants

335 replies to this topic

#326 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:59 PM

Just spotted another two at the Walmart at Highway 400 and 7 in Vaughan.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#327 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

I believe it may be time to raid every Walmart in a 100 km radius of my present location. Thanks for the heads up. And $20? Wow. Is Nerf finally giving us better prices in Canada? Let's hope so.

Edited by penguin807, 04 January 2008 - 07:52 PM.

#328 IN-THE-DARK

IN-THE-DARK

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:29 PM

Okay, who's the one calling up all the Redmond/Bellevue/Kirkland area Targets and Fred Meyers getting info on this gun? apparently there's one of you out there that is just dying to get his hands on this, and you're making more phone calls than me! If I can figure who it is, let's work together rather than seperate, it may go about a smidge better (and if I get somewhere where I can get one, I can pick one up for you too...)

Hey I also live in that area. I plan on going out tomorrow to look, i'll tell you if i find anything.

#329 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

As for nerf getting cheaper in Canada, the Canadian dollar is almost equal with American, so that would bring the price down.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#330 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:32 PM

Actually the canadian dollar is higher than the American. I went to the bank to exchange $102.59 american and got $103.82 canadian back, and thats with the exchange charge. But I would never had guessed that they would be in Canada this early.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#331 elf avec gun

elf avec gun

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 01:49 PM

Yep basically the value of the American Dollar is shot to hell, and it isn't going up any time soon. Invest in Gold and silver folks.

Anyways, back to the gun:

SO the price is about $20 American?

I was thinking, wouldn't it work to increase the power by putting a spring behind the plunger rod? One would need to have a tight barrel so maximum pressure could be built up before the dart leaves the barrel. And something to damper the striking of the Plunger head against the front of the plunger tube might be a good investment.
"It's hard to imagine a more specific subset of nerd than our community. One day we shall be studied by a single sociologist whom the other sociologists will mock incessantly." ~VACC

Got Nerd?

#332 n-strike

n-strike

• Banned
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:54 PM

I was thinking, wouldn't it work to increase the power by putting a spring behind the plunger rod?

If you meant plunger tube, there's already a topic about that http://nerfhaven.com...topic=10472&hl=
kthxbaisend

#333 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

Actually the canadian dollar is higher than the American. I went to the bank to exchange $102.59 american and got $103.82 canadian back, and thats with the exchange charge. But I would never had guessed that they would be in Canada this early.

That is completely contradictory, by saying that your proving yourself wrong. If the Canadian dollar was worth more, you would get less in Canadian than you gave in American.

Anywhoo, has anybody seen these babies in the New England yet, Connecticut to be more specific.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#334 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

Since people are still posting in this thread anyway, I might as well say that my brother told me that he saw a Recon. I may or may not get one...I'm going to be spending a ton of money on a mod pretty soon, so I think I may leave the RC for later.

PS: For those not in the know, "Steel City" is Pittsburgh, which is in southwest PA.

The more you know...

Edited by jwasko, 10 January 2008 - 08:05 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#335 puky

puky

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

Guys, the recon is fricken sweet, it's only $20 as you know, and it fires about the same distance as the longshot. And the Walmarts in CT have them, unsure about Target.

#336 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

That is completely contradictory, by saying that your proving yourself wrong. If the Canadian dollar was worth more, you would get less in Canadian than you gave in American.

Read it again, thats with the exchange charge, about $3. But the latest news is that the American went up, but still not sure if its above Canadian.

On topic, this gun is fun, but even singled it cant be used to well in a larger war, unless you can reload at an amzing rate.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users